Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Your scouting team must be amazing! Every week a new superstar, well done. What a find!

Tbh it's not even my scouts, I use them to get a report and stuff but I usually find the player to begin with :P

Swedish Premier Division - Game 7 - Mjällby

Our next opponents are Mjällby, and we hope to keep pace with Djurgården at the top of the table.

In the 10th minute, an excellent counter led to Eriksson brilliantly turning his man inside the box, but he dragged his shot wide.

In the 22nd, a one two between Possebon and Eriksson found the former in space inside the box. The keeper deflected his effort into the back of the net, for his first of the season!

A 24th minute corner was swung towards Ajer by Bengtsson. A defender beat him in the air but headed it back across goal, and Helander floated his header over the keeper and into the net!

In the 33rd, some brilliant play by Forsberg down the right, where he turned his man inside and out, before delivering a cross to the near post, culminated in Eriksson losing his man and volleying emphatically home!

Eriksson turned provider for Forsberg by playing him through in the 39th minute, but his attempt was brilliantly turned behind.

Eriksson then played Thauvin through in the 45th, the Frenchman brilliantly cutting inside his man with his first touch, but the keeper did well to get behind his attempt.

Within 25 seconds of the second half, Eriksson dribbled into space and had an effort, but both his shot and Forsberg’s off the rebound were saved by the keeper, who was doing a good job of damage limitation.

Bengtsson sent in a low cross in the 48th, which Forsberg just managed to keep in play, before cutting back for Eriksson, but the keeper made another impressive stop.

The ball was cleared, and sent forward to Gustafson on the edge of the box. His effort seemed certain to find the bottom left corner, but the keeper had other ideas, tipping it wide at full stretch.

Still in the 48th minute, and Possebon had an effort from about 25 yards, which flew agonisingly close to the top right corner.

Keeper KSG was finally called into action in the 57th minute, making an impressive double save.

Tinnerholm and Biro-Biro came on for Bengtsson and Ajer in the 63rd, with Linnes switching to left back to accommodate Tinnerholm.

Neri replaced Gustafson in the 71st.

In the 76th, a striker carrying a knock somehow managed to outrun Helander to chase down a long ball. He passed to his winger, who gave it back to him for a close range effort. KSG was beaten, but it struck the inside of the post and rolled virtually along the goal line before being cleared.

We saw out the win from there.

A comfortable victory made possible by the brilliance of Eriksson, who played the False 9 role to perfection. He scored one and assisted another, but his 3 key passes underlined his creativity and the constant threat he posed. Forsberg, Possebon and Helander also had good games.

POM: Magnus Eriksson (8.7, 1G, 1A)

Swedish Premier Division - Game 8 - Örebro SK (Home)
We face a struggling Örebro SK side just 3 days after our last fixture. With another game, against Helsingborg, in just 3 days time as well, a rotated lineup takes the field here. I would have liked to have given starts to Neri and Petkovic, but both are on international duty.

Örebro’s game plan was clear from the start - 9 fouls in the first 20 minutes left Blomqvist, Rosenberg and Thern shaking off knocks.

In the 33rd minute, one foul too many handed us a man advantage, as Åhman-Persson received his second yellow card.

We went into half time all square, unfortunately.

A 48th minute Bengtsson corner was cleared, but KBH chased it down. He turned and sent a lovely pass into the area for Forsberg, who one touched a pass to Biro-Biro straight in front. His first time effort took a slight deflection, but not enough to prevent it finding the bottom corner.

Rosenberg was very tired after taking so many hits, and in the 67th, Gustafson replaced him, prompting a forward line reshuffle, and Thern moving to right wing.

Ajer replaced Bengtsson in the 71st, with Biro-Biro slotting in at left back.

Thauvin came on for Forsberg in the 77th.

And it was Thauvin who secured the victory in the 88th minute. Biro-Biro threw the ball in to KBH high on the right wing, and the Korean sent in a low cross, which Thauvin half volleyed from just outside the 6 yard box, almost bursting the roof of the netting!

Gustafson made it 3 in the 90th minute when he collected Tinnerhom’s cleared cross, dribbled past two defenders into the area, and slotted inside the near post.

It was nice to see two substitutes get on the board, although I feel our starters should have been able to take advantage of a 10 man Örebro SK. Nonetheless, a good win, and with Djurgården losing at home to Halmstad, we go clear at the top of the table, 1 point clear of Norrköping. Tinnerholm had a beauty at right back with no less than 6 key passes, completing a total of 41 out of 44. KSG has now kept 7 clean sheets in 8 league matches.

POM: Anton Tinnerholm (8.2, 0G, 0A)

Takeover at Southampton.

Swedish Premier Division - Game 9 - Helsingborg (Home)

We play Helsingborg here, but more importantly, Häcken and IFK Göteborg, who have had indifferent starts, face off against each other. Häcken did manage a 3-0 at Elfsborg last week, however. Helsingborg are our arch rivals though, so the match can’t be taken lightly.

A low near post corner in the 3rd minute from Bengtsson was volleyed by Helander, and went in off the keeper! Off to a flyer!

Eriksson’s effort from range in the 18th was high by the smallest of margins - I thought it had gone in!

Gustafson lashed a vicious low effort across the goal and towards the bottom left corner in the 21st, but the keeper made an unbelievable save at full stretch.

Bengtsson then stepped up his Ricardinho impression by nailing a free kick into the roof of the net in the 25th minute - his first goal for us!

A near post corner in the 35th almost allowed Helsingborg to pull one back, but the volley hit the post and bounced clear.

Poor Eriksson had been taking a battering all game, and another brutal tackle in the 53rd minute was rewarded with a second yellow card for the offending player.

Bengtsson’s effort from the free kick had the keeper beaten, but struck the post.

A lovely cross from Bengtsson in the 61st was volleyed home by Forsberg very gracefully.

The bruised and battered Eriksson was replaced by KBH in the 69th minute.

In the 78th, Forsberg and Gustafson made way for Rosenberg and Thern.

A long ball from Helsingborg in the 87th minute was chased down in the left corner, and a cross put in, which bounced on the cross bar, but stayed alive. It was gathered and cut back to the striker, who hammered the ball goalward, where it was plucked out of the air by KSG.

A lovely counterattack in the first few seconds of stoppage time saw us grab a fourth. Thern won the ball and lobbed it forward to Rosenberg, who headed into the path of Thauvin, racing up the right. Florian came forward, and delivered a through ball for KBH, playing left wing, who then paused, and weighted a pass perfectly for the run of Rosenberg, who finished with his first touch. Beautiful football!

A brilliant display from the team, and a second consecutive demolition of our arch rivals. We dominated from the first minute to the last, and our defence hardly gave them a sniff. The Swedish Ricardinho, Pierre Bengtsson, was as brilliant as his Brazilian counterpart, and truthfully, he has been all season. The Swedish Cup Final is in 5 days, and we go into it full of confidence!

POM: Pierre Bengtsson (9.2, 1G, 1A)

The young Belgian striker who has agreed to join us scores a hat trick for Belgium U19’s
Rosenberg is unhappy about a lack of first team football. The truth is that he isn’t as good as Eriksson, and probably not as good as KBH either - and the Korean has massive potential too. I want to keep him as backup for the rest of the season, but I might be prepared to let him leave at the end of the season, when Jovic and Delahaye join us. He was pacified by my perfectly reasonable comments regarding Eriksson’s form - and I changed his squad status from Key Player to Backup as well.

Johansson had the same issue, and got the same response, this time referring to Milosevic’s form. His squad status was also reduced from First Team to Backup.

Swedish Cup Final - IFK Göteborg (Neutral)

So the Swedish Cup Final - a chance to add this trophy to our cabinet, and my resume. I was faced with a selection dilemma, as we travel to second placed Norrköping in just 3 days time, in a potentially vital fixture. I have therefore rotated a handful of players, but kept some key players in the side, such as Eriksson, Thauvin, Bengtsson and Helander, as I would really love to win the Cup. Olsen starts in goal ahead of KSG, despite the Korean’s brilliance in the league.

Eriksson sent an effort whistling narrowly over the bar in the 7th minute.

He had another go from a similar position in the 11th, this time on target, but comfortably held by the keeper.

Possebon went down in the 29th, and so Ajer came on, and Adu pushed up into central midfield.

Eriksson seemed determined to score a long range at some point, and had another go in the 35th, but again, it was easily held.

A mad penalty box scramble following a Bengtsson corner almost resulted in a goal for us, but it was cleared to safety.

And our opponents took the lead somewhat fortuitously in the 41st, as a free kick ricocheted off the wall and straight to an unmarked man outside the box, who first timed it into an open goal, Olsen having dived in the direction of the initial free kick.

But we equalised in first half stoppage time through the most unlikeliest of sources - Enock Adu letting fly from 20 yards and finding the roof of the net in spectacular fashion. That’s his first goal for me, in his 46th competitive fixture!

KBH came on for Eriksson in the 56th minute.

Just 3 minutes later, the youngster put us in front! Thern was dispossessed with a sliding tackle just outside the area, but the ball rolled straight to the Korean, who turned and lashed a finish into the bottom left corner!

Just two minutes later and the Asian prodigy had his second! Petkovic was hacked down in our half, and actually had to come off injured following the play, but the ball rolled to Thauvin, who lobbed the ball forward for the Korean to run on to. KBH took the ball in his stride and approached the box,one defender outside of him and two inside. He cut the ball inside, and tucked a composed finish from outside the area inside of the left post, having sent the keeper diving the wrong way. 2 goals within 5 minutes of taking the field! And to think I almost sent on Rosenberg instead!

Forsberg was the injured Petkovic’s replacement, and that was all our substitutions used.

But our opponents weren’t ready to give up yet, and pulled one back in the 68th from a corner.

Fortunately we held it together, and saw out the remainder of the match to seal the 15th Swedish Cup of the club’s history, the first during my tenure. Helander had an uncharacteristically poor game, and most of the team was average, but the win was delivered by two very unlikely heroes, KBH having scored just two goals in 14 appearances prior to the match. Hopefully his match winning performance today can kickstart his season for us. And as for Adu, a few more efforts like that and he may have a future at the club after all, despite the impending arrival of Crisetig.

POM: Kim Byung-Hyun (8.6, 2G, 0A)

We win the Swedish Cup!!

One thing I don’t understand - it says that we lifted the European Champions Cup in 2014??? Some kind of error obviously, maybe it confused us making the group stages with us winning it or something? I looked at my managerial history and it says that I won it? I’m hoping that after the final (Bayern vs Juventus) is played in a couple of weeks, that will change. Maybe it has something to do with our league season finishing late last year and us still being in the Cup at that point. Who knows? Possible bug? And actually, it doesn’t have my league win in my managerial history? Hoping this will change after the CL Final.

Injury News...

Possebon ruled out for 3 months. Not good timing at all :(

Congrats on the Cup win mate & the Champions Cup "win" :P

That's so weird I have never seen that before!

Congrats on the Cup win mate & the Champions Cup "win" :P

That's so weird I have never seen that before!

Thanks, and yeah, I've got no idea, it's some kind of bug maybe? Replacing my league win with a Champions League?

Swedish Premier Division - Game 10 - Norrköping (Away)

Norrköping sit just one point behind us in the league, with 8 wins and a single loss so far this season. They are not to be taken lightly, particularly at home, and a win today could be vital in the title race.

Disaster struck early however, as Bengtsson was forced off in the 16th minute by injury. Tinnerholm was his replacement, with Linnes switching to left back.

Milosevic opened the scoring in the 37th when he rose and crashed a header from Linnes’ corner off the underside of the bar and in!

Forsberg doubled the lead in the 44th, when KBH’s lovely killer ball following good work from Gustafson left him with just the keeper to beat, and he slid the ball inside the near post.

A 49th minute throw in deep in the left corner was passed straight back to Linnes, who crossed the ball for Gustafson to half volley into the net from 6 yards.

A near post corner in the 63rd minute was headed away, but straight to Gustafson who lashed an effort goalward, but the keeper did well to keep his balance as he caught it.

Norrköping launched a counterattack down the left, and Johansson missed a header from a long ball, allowing Alexandre to draw KSG before squaring unselfishly for Nyman to finish into an open net from the penalty spot.

KBH and Adu, amongst others, were exhausted, and so Eriksson and Anton Kralj came on in their stead.

In the 81st minute, another Linnes corner caused all sorts of problems, and an attempted clearance was sliced straight to Johansson, who finished at the second attempt to seal the win.

An emphatic win over the second placed side, and with Häcken and Djurgården cancelling each other out with a draw, we move 4 points clear at the summit. This was a closer match than the scoreline indicated, as we were restricted to less than 20 shots for the first time in a very long time, and saw less of the ball too. We ran out deserved winners however, and remain undefeated after 10 league games.

POM: Martin Linnes (8.6, 0G, 2A)

Gianluca Neri has been attracting interest from Zenit, and asks to join them. The “not enough first team football” argument convinced him to stay. I’m really hoping that we get a significant reputation boost very soon due to our Champion’s League exploits, because that might stop these players wanting to move to clubs outside of the top leagues.

Just got back up to date with your progress, superb mate, well done. Even with a 'fantasy' champions cup win, haha. :P

Swedish Premier Division - Game 11 - Ängelholm (Away)

We play newly promoted Ängelholm today, who sit 13th (of 16) on the table. I expect nothing less than a comfortable win here.

It took us until the 21st minute to create our first real chance. We worked the ball forward, and a lovely chip forward by Thern was redirected by Petkovic to the feet of Eriksson, and the striker made no mistake from the penalty spot.

An appalling string of defensive errors allowed them to equalise just two minutes later. Milosevic was running towards our goal after they sent a long ball over the top. It hit him in the back and rolled to the striker. He came forward with it and tried to play his strike partner through. His pass was intercepted by Linnes, who gently tapped it back to keeper KSG. It was way too gentle though, and the striker raced onto it and tapped it past KSG. A comedy of errors, and miscommunication proved costly once again.

A 26th minute Bengtsson free kick found the head (not the back) of Milosevic, but it crashed off the upright. Thern chipped the ball back in for Petkovic, but his header was straight to the keeper.

Bengtsson’s corner late in first half stoppage time was deflected into the net by a defender for an unfortunate own goal.

Linnes was replaced by Tinnerholm in the 56th.

Gustafson made way for Ajer in the 65th, Adu moving forward to centre mid.

In the 71st, Eriksson played a gorgeous through ball between three defenders for Thauvin to race onto, but with a man on his shoulder, the Frenchman missed the target.

He was replaced by KBH in the 73rd.

Eriksson played a long ball to the youngster in the 77th. He ran it to the baseline, cut back, and lashed a shot at goal, but it was palmed behind by the keeper.

Eriksson had a crack from the edge of the box in the 93rd, but it was acrobatically tipped over by the keeper. That was the final action of the match.

We won in the end, but I was disappointed how close it was. We should be winning matches like this by 3 goals, not by a single own goal. I told the team this, and everyone reacted well, except KSG and Bengtsson, the latter of whom had played well. 37-2 in shots 2-1 in goals - not good enough.

POM: Magnus Eriksson (7.7, 1G, 0A)

Swedish Premier Division - Game 12 - Ljungskile

We take on another newly promoted side in Ljungskile. We’ve only played them once before, in last season’s Swedish Cup group stage, and lost! But we are a much better team now.

KBH got us off to a flyer in the 4th minute, rifling a volley home from a Bengtsson cross following a corner.

Forsberg doubled the lead in the 12th, as KBH played in Tinnerholm, who sent the winger into space in the box, and he made no mistake, picking out the top left corner.

KBH picked up a long ball wide on the left and came back inside with it. He cut past two defenders and had a crack from the edge of the area, but narrowly missed the right post.

A sensational cross field pass from Ljungskile in the 35th minute found their striker in space on the left edge of the box, but he fired into the side netting.

Bengtsson was unfortunate to hit the bar from a free kick in the 45th.

The tired Adu made way for Kralj in the 65th.

Johansson made a brilliant sliding tackle in the 71st to dispossess the striker just as he controlled a long ball inside the box.

In the 72nd, Molins and Ricardinho made their returns from injury, replacing Neri and the sensational Bengtsson.

And in the 81st, Molins announced his return with a composed finish across the keeper, having been picked out on the edge of the box by KBH.

Ricardinho almost got on the scoresheet too, but his 86th minute free kick was incredibly held by the keeper.

In the 87th, Forsberg was brought down in the box and a penalty awarded. I realised at this point that it’s been an incredibly long time since there’s been a penalty in one of our games, since last season I think! KBH had the chance to score from the spot, and he made no mistake, finding the top right corner with a venomous strike. Anton Kralj was given the assist, having picked out Forsberg in the box to begin with.

An emphatic win in the end, and I’m very pleased with the performances of many players. It was great to see Molins back on the scoresheet, and Bengtsson, Gustafson, Forsberg, Blomqvist, Johansson and Tinnerholm all had excellent games. KBH was the star of the show however, and thoroughly deserved his MOTM award. We head into the winter break on the back of 11 consecutive league victories, 14 in all competitions.

POM: Kim Byung-Hyun (9.3, 2G, 1A)

After being sacked by Arsenal, Wenger takes the Barcelona job!

Mid season break:
We have a comfortable 6 point lead at the summit of the competition, and don’t look likely to falter at all. We are undefeated, and have conceded just 4 goals in 12 games, keeping 9 clean sheets. Elfsborg and IFK Göteborg, who finished second and third last season, languish in 9th and 8th respectively, and don’t look like mounting a title charge. It’s hard to see them even pushing for Europe from here, considering their Europa League qualifiers will come soon, which will only put more pressure on their domestic campaigns. Norrköping and Djurgården are the surprise early contenders, with Häcken and Halmstad also pushing for a top 3 finish. I’m hoping that when the league and team coefficients are updated sometime in the next month or so, the league will have an extra place in Europe for next year.

I discovered that Simon Gustafson has an absurdly low foreign club release clause of 1.8 million, and with bids of around 1.5 million coming in, I figured it was only a matter of time before someone activated it. Therefore, he has been offered a new contract with no release clause.

So Brommapojkarna qualify for Europe due to the Fair Play Table. Not sure if that’s this season or next. (EDIT: It is this season)
Getting sick of job offers. I won’t screenshot, but OM, Sporting (POR), Hamburg, Ajax, Aston Villa, Fulham, Real Sociedad, Swansea, Sassuolo, Saint-Etienne, Stade Rennais, Valladolid, Hull City and Las Palmas have all offered (or will offer - I am ahead of this post and don't want to keep talking about interviews) me interviews during this month off.

Arsenal going in big for Higuaín! (They complete the signing in a few days time)

Back