Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Haha - it's no surprise there is a lineup of clubs wanting to hire you. You are doing great mate!!!

Marseille and Aston Villa meet Gustafson’s release clause! :O He’s been my best player this season, I can’t afford to lose him, especially so cheaply!

So our league, club and nation all rise! The only improvement is that one team starts in the second Euro Cup qualifying round rather than the first. We will hopefully do well again this year and improve the coefficients again.
Transfer News...

An Argentianian Left/Centre Back who I have been tracking for months was subject to bids from 6 or 7 big clubs, including Chelsea and Liverpool. He had a release clause of 2.2 million, so I swooped for him and offered him first team status along with huge wages. In short, an offer he couldn’t refuse. He will join us in a month. He already has 12 caps for Argentina under 20’s.

Besiktas and Leicester also meet Gustafson’s clause. I face a very nervous wait to see if he will re sign with us. My prediction is he will choose Marseille :(

You're **** good :P
I really hate when thats happening,that why i try to offer contracts without that stupide clause :D

What a season this is turning out to be!! Reckon you can go undefeated? Fingers crossed Sweden's rankings keep improving so you can keep the top talent. How's KBH developing too?

My day started terribly with the news that Helander was injured and out for two weeks! :(
But my day turned out to be a good one, because Gustafson extended his contract! Rejecting offers from abroad in order to remain here! I was delighted! It removed his release clause too, so in future if we sell him, it will be on our terms, and not for a measly 1.8 million! I had a Brazilian regen called Xuxa lined up if he ended up leaving, but I decided not to go through with the 4.5m transfer.

All window I’ve been rejecting offers for various players. The most recent one was the hardest - I rejected an offer worth around 1.3 million from Liverpool for Gianluca Neri. Arsenal also came in for him, and I rejected that too. Neri picked up an injury too.

You're **** good :P
I really hate when thats happening,that why i try to offer contracts without that stupide clause :D

Yeah I always avoid that clause where possible, along with yearly wage rises, highest earner etc, unfortunately it was non-negotiable when I signed him last year. It's gone now, thank the Lord! :D

What a season this is turning out to be!! Reckon you can go undefeated? Fingers crossed Sweden's rankings keep improving so you can keep the top talent. How's KBH developing too?

Yeah it's going incredibly well, hard to believe really! Undefeated is still possible, we will have to see, would be almost depressing if I managed that in my second season though, doesn't say too much about my competition! Definitely hoping that the competition keeps improving its reputation, or all my players could be moving to the big time.

KBH is developing well, don't have a screenshot but I'll get one soon if I remember, he's finally found some form and is playing very well though :)

Yeah it's going incredibly well, hard to believe really! Undefeated is still possible, we will have to see, would be almost depressing if I managed that in my second season though, doesn't say too much about my competition! Definitely hoping that the competition keeps improving its reputation, or all my players could be moving to the big time.

KBH is developing well, don't have a screenshot but I'll get one soon if I remember, he's finally found some form and is playing very well though :)

That's the only trouble, Relying on other teams! Hopefully though if you improve enough then a 2nd CL spot might get more funds into the Swedish league to provide further competition!

That's the only trouble, Relying on other teams! Hopefully though if you improve enough then a 2nd CL spot might get more funds into the Swedish league to provide further competition!

Yeah exactly, I've got to hope at least one of the other Swedish teams makes the Europa League group stages. But yeah, if we keep performing then we will get there eventually!

Friendlies

The first one almost everyone was on international duty and I left it to my assistant manager as I couldn’t cancel, we scraped a 1-0 win. The others were dominant wins, the highlight being the last one where Eriksson had 4 goals and 2 assists in 55 minutes in a man of the match display, including a goal 5 seconds after the other team kicked off. We didn’t quite reach double digits sadly, but came close! The 5-0 win against Young Boys was an excellent display too.

European Draws. No screenshots but we will play the champions of Malta, Birkirkara, in what should be an easy tie for us. Elfsborg and IFK have draws that they should get through, whilst Brommapojkarna might find life more difficult against Inverness CT.

​Transfer News...

More offers for Neri from Man City, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool/Arsenal again - all rejected.

Interesting loan offers coming in for Johansson. With Biro-Biro and soon-to-arrive Romagnoli able to play centre back, I’ve accepted one such offer, with a future fee of 1.8m agreed.

I offer Eriksson a new contract, as his current one only has a year left.

Big boys circling for Neri, may have your hands full holding onto him :S

Big boys circling for Neri, may have your hands full holding onto him :S

Yeah I'm not sure whether to sell him if there's a decent offer because I don't really need the money, but I've got lots of players so he might not get too much game time anyway.

Yeah I'm not sure whether to sell him if there's a decent offer because I don't really need the money, but I've got lots of players so he might not get too much game time anyway.

What are they offering out of interest?

Swedish Premier Division - Game 13 - Elfsborg (Away)

We play Elfsborg today, and unlike last season, when they were our closest challengers, this season they languish in mid table. They’re still a dangerous side however, and we will need to play well to pick up all 3 points. Their formation is extraordinary - I don’t think I’ve ever played against a sweeper before!

Elfsborg took the lead in the 9th minute through Claesson, who dispatched a through ball past KSG with ease. It was a marginal offside decision, and he received benefit of the doubt.

In the 13th minute, Molins won the ball from their left back and squared for Eriksson just outside the box. Eriksson’s shot was saved, as was Molins’ attempt off the rebound, and his second effort hit the post from a tight angle. Opportunity squandered.

Eriksson levelled the game in the 22nd minute, when he rose to power a header into the net from a Bengtsson cross.

A counterattack in the 29th resulted in Forsberg shooting wide from the edge of the box.

Gustafson put us in front in the 47th minute when a Bengtsson free kick was headed by Milosevic, then Blomqvist, and volleyed home from 6 yards by the midfielder.

But two minutes later it was square again, as Holmberg picked out the top right corner after an excellent pass from Larsen.

Thauvin replaced Forsberg in the 50th minute.

The Frenchman struck the post in the 57th minute after a good pass from Bengtsson.

Helander came on for Milosevic in the 60th minute.

Elfsborg took the lead in the 65th, as a brilliantly crafted counterattack from our corner lead to Holmberg volleying home from 6 yards off another Larsen cross.

From the kickoff, Linnes raced down the right and swung in an inch perfect cross for Eriksson, who somehow found the keepers arms from point blank range.

He was replaced a minute later by KBH, but the Korean made no difference as we slumped to our first domestic defeat of the season.

A poor showing from our defence against an admittedly well organised Elfsborg side led to a poor result. Elfsborg show that they are still a threat to the league this year, by picking up a fully deserved 3 points that not many other teams are likely to take from us. Enock Adu was the only player who could be pleased with his performance.

POM: Kalle Holmberg (Elfsborg - 8.8, 2G, 0A)

Best Malmö Player: Enock Adu (8.1, 0G, 0A)

Swedish Premier Division - Game 14 - Halmstad

We are looking to bounce back from our first loss 3 days ago against Halmstad today.

Petkovic capitalised on the confusion caused by a Ricardinho free kick hitting KBH to curl a finish past the keeper in the 3rd minute.

Thern doubled our lead in the 30th, as Petkovic headed a Ricardinho free kick on to him at the back post for the simplest of finishes - his first of the season.

It was 3 just 30 seconds later, when Tinnerholm won the ball and raced up the right before putting in a cross for Thauvin to volley into the net.

In the 58th, Petkovic had his second, as Ricardinho picked him out in the box with a cross, and the youngster volleyed home from between two defenders.

Biro-Biro and Neri replaced Adu and Thern in the 64th minute.

Eriksson replaced Thauvin in the 79th, with KBH switching to left wing.

Eriksson strode forward in the 85th and nutmegged a defender before firing wide from distance.

He fired high and wide again in the 89th minute after being released on the counter by Neri.

An excellent performance to bounce back from the loss to Elfsborg. Our back four were rock solid, and both full backs were very dangerous on the flanks. Thern had an excellent game, as did Thauvin and KBH, but it was young Petkovic who stole the show with a ‘coming of age’ performance, picking up 2 goals and an assist, as well as scooping the man of the match award.

POM: Drasko Petkovic (9.5, 2G, 1A)

Back