Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Gutted the unbeaten run has came to an end! This season should see you have no major issues though I reckon!

A year and a half after being agreed, the youth and training facilities have been upgraded! Further upgrades to the facilities have now been agreed.
Elfsborg and IFK both progress to the second round of Europa qualifiers.

Transfer News...

Johansson leaves on loan

The bids for Neri are rising. Man City offer 2.7m, but are rebuffed again.

Swedish Premier Division - Game 15 - Djurgården (Home)

We take on Djurgården, who are 3rd in the league, two points behind Norrköping, but with a game in hand. I name an entirely unchanged lineup, as the team performed very well 4 days ago, and I see no reason to change anyone.

In the 22nd minute, Ricardinho swung in a cross. KBH leapt high and smashed a header into the crossbar. Florian Thauvin then hammered the rebound home with a textbook volley.

Simon Thern doubled our lead in the 44th, as some interplay between Thauvin and Ricardinho down the left lead to the Brazilian sending in a low cross for the midfielder to poke home.

50 seconds into the second half and KBH made it 3, as a run from half way past 3 or 4 players culminated in a weak effort from outside the box - that somehow the keeper managed to let through. It was a brilliant solo effort, but a fortunate finish.

Molins and Biro-Biro replaced Petkovic and Ajer on the hour mark.

Adu made way for Neri 4 minutes later.

Molins picked up a knock in the 80th minute, and I took him off to play a man short rather than risk aggravating the injury.

We saw it out from there.

A good win against the high flyers, and an important 3 points. KBH was excellent with a rating of 9 along with a goal and assist - both somewhat fortunate, admittedly. Ricardinho was brilliant, and deserved two assists, though was only credited with one. It’s not going to be easy to pick a left back between him, Bengtsson and the incoming Romagnoli! Ajer also had probably his best game for me this season.

POM: Ricardinho (9.0, 0G, 1A)

Arsenal and Napoli complete a striker swap!

Transfer News...

The Swedish transfer window opens, and three players join the side. Unfortunately, they are a day late to be registered for this round of the Champions League Qualifiers (today), but they will be registered at the first available opportunity, and will definitely play in the league.

The three players are Lorenzo Crisetig (5.5m from Inter Milan), Damián Romagnoli (2.2m from Argentinos Jrs.) and Alcir Gonçalves dos Santos, "Santos" (725k from Sāo Paulo - arguably the greatest bargain of all time :P)

Prepare to be amazed...

Serious business being pulled off here mate! Pretty amazing that all the big boys are looking at your players, moreover having the opportunity to sign quality youngsters is great!

Serious business being pulled off here mate! Pretty amazing that all the big boys are looking at your players, moreover having the opportunity to sign quality youngsters is great!

Yeah for sure, it's flattering but very annoying!! :P I don't want to sell them if possible until the league grows to the point that their values double, like I've seen happen on other people's games, I think you need to break the top 10 coefficients for that to happen or something.

I have pretty broad objectives for this save, as I am still not really sure what to expect. I am hoping to turn Malmö into a genuine Champion’s League challenging team, if not win the tournament, and to improve the quality of the Swedish Premier Division. I hope to promote youth from within my academy and have them play a major part in my team’s progress. As far as taking other jobs that I may be offered goes, I am unlikely to leave Malmö unless I think that I’ve taken them as far as I can, it is no longer much of a challenge, or another challenge comes along that I’d like to take. That’s assuming I am successful and don’t get sacked early on in my tenure - a possibility, given my lack of any real lower league experience. The smallest team I’ve tried before was Wolves in FM14, and they made light work of the English League One, being a class above the other teams, so this should be much more challenging. Hopefully my learning curve isn’t too steep!

Malmö FF are one of the most successful teams in Swedish history:

Here are the budgets, and as you can see I have received some early support from the board with youth and training facilities being upgraded - I am hoping to get a parent club so I can loan players for free, fingers crossed for Liverpool, but it’s a long shot :P

It seems to be a very interesting story !
o.png

Made light work of Djurgarden! When is Jovic due to sign? Out of curiosity is there a player in Sweden called Joel Aroso? He hasjust signed for the worst team in the world (Sunderland) and apparently he is an extremely highly rated 16 yo!

Made light work of Djurgarden! When is Jovic due to sign? Out of curiosity is there a player in Sweden called Joel Aroso? He hasjust signed for the worst team in the world (Sunderland) and apparently he is an extremely highly rated 16 yo!

Jovic joins in late December, during the off season, 2 or 3 weeks after the Belgian striker.

I haven't heard of him but I'll have a look. It's entirely possible he was too young to be included in the game, or they just haven't rated him very highly though

I can't find him when I search him on google either, can you send a link if possible?

Jovic joins in late December, during the off season, 2 or 3 weeks after the Belgian striker.

I haven't heard of him but I'll have a look. It's entirely possible he was too young to be included in the game, or they just haven't rated him very highly though

I can't find him when I search him on google either, can you send a link if possible?

Hows Jovic developed else were? He should tear up the league!

Here is the link .. Swedish superkid Joel Asoro trialling with Man Utd, Chelsea | Transfers | Tribal Football

Hows Jovic developed else were? He should tear up the league!

Here is the link .. Swedish superkid Joel Asoro trialling with Man Utd, Chelsea | Transfers | Tribal Football

Yeah Jovic is developing very well, I'm very pleased. He's equal second on the Euro Cup goalscoring charts with 5, although it's only a couple of rounds into qualifying.

Interesting, unfortunately I can't find him in the game. Must be because he's only 15. I take it you're a Newcastle fan if you think Sunderland are the worst team in the world? :P

Yeah Jovic is developing very well, I'm very pleased. He's equal second on the Euro Cup goalscoring charts with 5, although it's only a couple of rounds into qualifying.

Interesting, unfortunately I can't find him in the game. Must be because he's only 15. I take it you're a Newcastle fan if you think Sunderland are the worst team in the world? :P

He's doing really well then!! Should ad a lot to the team!

Hmm, I only found out about him yesterday when I seen him sign and couldn't find him on mine and thought it may of been due to not having Swedish leagues loaded!

Yeah, Newcastle daft but not to enthusiastic at the minute!

And here they are!

Lorenzo Crisetig
- he will slot straight into the side as the first choice Ball Winning Midfielder. He can also play the Anchorman role if necessary.

Damián Romagnoli - Natural at both centre and left back, but I will look to use him more at left back in the long term, due to his unbelievable crossing stat (18). Needs to work on his off the ball and flair to become an elite wing back, but he has all the talent needed! We have riches at left back, with Ricardinho and Bengtsson both performing at an incredibly high standard, and so he may be playing more at centre back for the time being - even right back.

Santos - Hard to find a weakness in this gem’s game. His finishing could be fine tuned, and I will certainly focus on that, but that’s about it. He has the physical, mental and technical ability to be one of the best in the world - and he’s just 18!

I’m utterly delighted with this transfer business! Three players who can make an impact right away, as well as long term. Santos in particular excites me - his potential is endless!

He's doing really well then!! Should ad a lot to the team!

Hmm, I only found out about him yesterday when I seen him sign and couldn't find him on mine and thought it may of been due to not having Swedish leagues loaded!

Yeah, Newcastle daft but not to enthusiastic at the minute!

Yeah definitely, competition for the striker role is going to be seriously intense!

Yeah seems that he's not in it, probably will be next year though

I feel bad for Newcastle, I've gotta say, Mike Ashley makes FSG look like a dream!

Back