Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
**** Patrick - your scouting is unparalleled! Romagnoli and Santos look like amazing pickups!!

Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round - First Leg - Birkirkara (Away)

Birkirkara should not pose any problems for us today.

It took us less than 4 minutes to get on the board, Eriksson volleying home the rebound after Forsberg’s effort was saved.

5 minutes later it was two, as Biro-Biro headed home from Milosevic’s header after Bengtsson sent the ball back in from a cleared corner.

Forsberg scored a 25 yard screamer in the 11th minute to make it three.

And just seconds later, Molins made it four, when he converted Bengtsson’s inch perfect cross at the back post.

A 21st minute Bengtsson free kick allowed Milosevic to poke home our fifth.

5 minutes later, the same thing happened for Milosevic’s second.

Eriksson picked up his second in the 38th minute from another Bengtsson cross.

Molins converted from close range shortly afterwards.

Neri replaced Ajer in the 55th.

Molins picked up a knock and was replaced by Petkovic in the 65th.

Forsberg picked up his second with a close range volley from Petkovic’s cross in the 73rd.

The home side got on the board with a well taken free kick in the 74th.

KBH replaced Forsberg in the 78th.

Eriksson completed his hat trick and we hit double figures with his header in the 90th from another Bengtsson cross.

KBH chipped the ball to Petkovic on the far post in injury time for an easy finish.

A very easy win, and that was the away leg! Bengtsson picked up a remarkable 4 assists. We are dominating the top scorers chart :P

POM: Magnus Eriksson (9.7, 3G, 1A)

**** on a cracker they are some good looking regens!

Congrats on 30k views too btw!

**** on a cracker they are some good looking regens!

Congrats on 30k views too btw!

Yeah definitely, they should be awesome!

Thanks, I never expected this story to be so successful! :O So thanks everyone!!

Molins is out for a week :(

Swedish Premier Division - Game 16 - Hammarby Fotboll (Home)
We play Hammarby Fotboll today, one of just two sides to take points from us this campaign, after a draw on the opening day of the season. All three new signings start - Santos at right wing, Crisetig in centre midfield and Romagnoli at left back.

Less than 20 seconds into the match, KBH played Thauvin in, but the winger hit the outside of the post from the edge of the box.

In the 2nd minute, he fired over after a good run across the top of the box.

An incredible 20 seconds in the 31st minute saw no less than 6 shots either blocked or saved, the last one tipped over the bar by the Hammarby keeper!

In the 36th minute, the ball was worked back into the box following a corner, Santos squared for Helander, who nailed his shot into the roof!

A minute later, another corner was headed on by Helander at the near post for Milosevic to poke home.

Romagnoli picked out Crisetig in the area in the 40th minute, but he was denied by the keeper.

Thauvin hit the side netting 15 seconds later.

A brilliant run by KBH in the 56th minute allowed him to beat two defenders and set up a one on one with the keeper, but somehow he hit the side netting.

A minute later, Santos cut inside and played Thauvin through, and the Frenchman finished across the keeper.

Ajer and Crisetig made way for Biro-Biro and Gustafson in the 62nd minute.

Helander picked up his second goal with a near post header from a Linnes corner in the 64th.

And Santos picked up a debut goal in the 70th when he finished off KBH’s through ball.

A cross from wide on the right found the Hammarby striker in the middle, but his shot what straight at KSG when he should have scored.

Petkovic replaced Thern in the 82nd, and we switched to 4-2-3-1, with Santos behind the striker.

Santos set up Petkovic for a great shot in the 87th minute, but it was very well saved.

So record signing Crisetig (6.1) had an ordinary debut, but I’m sure he will improve. Romagnoli (8.3) was excellent, and Santos was out of this world, picking up a goal and two assists in a man of the match display. And that wasn’t even in his best position! KBH (9.0) didn’t get on the scoresheet, but provided lots of creativity up front.

POM: Santos (9.4, 1G, 2A)

Champions League Second Qualifying Round - Second Leg - Birkirkara (Home)

This second leg against Birkirkara is merely a formality, but I’d like a comfortable win.

30 minutes in we’d had 10 shots to none, but no clear chances.

We didn’t pick up our act, and went into half time all square despite having 20 shots.

I got fed up with our wastefulness with the ball, and brought off Eriksson in the 55th for KBH, though the problem really seemed to be with those behind the striker.

Thern replaced Neri in the 61st, and pushed Gustafson up to AMC. I also tweaked the tactic slightly.

Milosevic replaced Adu in the 66th, with Biro-Biro moving into midfield.

We finally got off the mark in the 69th when Forsberg volleyed home Tinnerholm’s cross.

Forsberg scored again in the 77th off Gustafson’s through ball but was marginally offside.

But he scored a 25 yard screamer in the 87th, an absolute rocket that crashed into the bottom left corner.

Nothing more happened after that.

I was quite disappointed with the result today. I feel complacency played a large role in it, but I also think that the players need time to adjust to the new formation, which also has us playing in a completely different way to our most used one. Forsberg was poor up until his first goal, and was unlucky not to bag a hat trick in the end. Tinnerholm was very good, and Bengtsson was also reasonable, everyone else was unspectacular, except Adu who was poor.

POM: Emil Forsberg (8.8, 2G, 0A)

We will renew hostilities with HJK of Finland in the next round. We beat them last season, and should comfortably dispose of them again this year.

Swedish Premier Division - Game 17 - IFK Göteborg (Away)

We have a perfectly identical head to head record with IFK so far - both of us have a 2-0 win at home and a 3-2 win on the road. The difference is that we have won the two most recent encounters, and will look to continue the momentum here.

In the third minute, Thern slipped KBH in, and he finished with his first touch.

The Korean picked up his second in the 27th minute after a sensational pass from Thauvin sent him through.

In the 29th, Linnes’ cross found Santos, but his header was held by the diving keeper.

30 seconds later and KBH was racing upfield with the ball. He was dispossessed but the ball rolled straight into the path of Thauvin, who unleashed the most blistering strike imaginable, which the keeper unbelievably saved!

A quick look at the stats in the 31st minute showed that Santos had completed 20 of 22 passes, 5 of which were key passes!

And in the 39th, the Brazilian picked up an assist when he squared for Thauvin outside the top of the box, and the Frenchman nutmegged his man before picking out the top right corner from outside the area.

At half time, KBH had a rating of 8.9, Thauvin’s was 8.2 and Santos’ was 8.6!

In the 55th minute however, Santos picked up a second yellow card for a silly tackle, and we were down to 10 men.

In the 58th our opponents nearly pulled one back, but a weak effort following a good team move was easily held by KSG, who picked up a knock in catching it somehow! With no keeper on the bench, I was forced to persevere with the ailing Korean.

His apparent injury didn’t stop him making an incredible double save in the 61st minute, so I’ll be pretty annoyed if I find out post-game that he’s ruled out for a few weeks.

Seconds later, Biro-Biro and Neri replaced Thern and Molins.

And in the 63rd minute, Ricardinho sent an indirect free kick to Neri on the top left corner of the box. Neri chipped the ball forward, and KBH was quickest to react, volleying inside the near post to seal his hat trick!

Sadly, he became the second Korean to pick up an injury in the 70th minute, and I had no choice but to replace him with Eriksson.

Unbelievably, Eriksson picked up an injury within 3 minutes of taking the field, and suddenly I was two men short, with an injured keeper on the field!! This is what I had to change the formation to!

I was incredibly proud of our defence however, as IFK failed to create any real chances, and we kept the clean sheet. It really was an awesome performance, and I feel that if it weren’t for the red card and the injuries, we might have even scored more!

POM: Kim Byung-Hyun (9.6, 3G, 0A)

Injury News...

It would appear that I forgot to take screenshots, but the result of the injuries is this:

Terrible news as Kim Byung-Hyun is ruled out for almost two months! :( [5-7 weeks with a sprained ankle]

Eriksson is also out, though only for just over a week. Rosenberg is our only fit striker!

Kim Seung-Gyu's injury proved to be nothing more than a knock, thankfully

Interesting formation at the end there mate - looks like it worked a treat though!! I'll have to keep that in mind as I've found myself 2 down a couple of times and been pummeled.

Interesting formation at the end there mate - looks like it worked a treat though!! I'll have to keep that in mind as I've found myself 2 down a couple of times and been pummeled.

It worked for keeping them out, didn't offer much in attack though haha

Champions League Third Qualifying Round - First Leg - HJK (Away)

The first leg against HJK is in Finland, but regardless, I expect a win. Rosenberg has a huge opportunity to show that he has a future at the club beyond this season.

But HJK took the lead in the 31st minute, when a cleared corner was sent back in, and their striker converted from close range.

Rosenberg should have levelled the game two minutes later having been slipped through by Thern, but he somehow contrived to fire straight at the keeper.

Would you believe it, in the 39th minute, Rosenberg went down injured, and suddenly I have no strikers left.

Santos came on to play as the striker, despite not being fully comfortable in that role.

In the second minute of injury time, Bengtsson swung in a cross, and Thern cracked a volley at goal. It was blocked by a defender, but Thern laid the rebound off to Linnes, who bent a first time effort into the bottom left corner - his first goal for us!

A 47th minute Bengtsson free kick was met by a looping header from Forsberg, but it hit the crossbar.

Another Bengtsson free kick 3 minutes later was saved by the keeper, who then reacted fast enough to deny Petkovic from the rebound.

Thauvin replaced Petkovic in the 57th minute.

Crisetig came on for Adu in the 67th.

Thauvin brilliantly beat two men and raced into the box in the 70th, but his tight angle shot was saved behind.

A lovely pirouette on the edge of the box from Thauvin a minute later was followed by a pinpoint killer ball, and Santos met it with a first time finish past the goalkeeper.

And Thauvin got himself on the scoresheet in the 79th, when he completely bamboozled his man inside the box, before finishing high across the keeper from a narrow angle - brilliant stuff from the Frenchman!

So we turned the match around after a poor start, and Thauvin was definitely the difference maker in the end, creating for himself and others, he was completely unplayable despite not joining the action for almost an hour. I’ll be expecting a comfortable win at home in the second leg to seal progression. Rosenberg’s injury did not rule him out, but he was poor today, so I might even start someone else up there next time - Molins seems a good shout. He's not completely comfortable as a striker but his attributes are pretty similar to Eriksson's, so he can probably do the job.

POM: Florian Thauvin (8.6, 1G, 1A)

Swedish Premier Division - Game 18 - Kalmar FF

So a different looking lineup today, with Romagnoli at right back, Neri at left wing, Thauvin at right wing and Molins up top. Should be interesting!

A lovely cross from Romagnoli in the 15th almost picked out Neri the the back post, but a defender got a touch first, and it ended in the net anyway.

Molins tried to be a hero in the 24th with a shot from range, but it flew past the top corner.

In the 27th minute he made a better decision and slipped Thauvin in, but the keeper got his fingertips to the shot and pushed it wide.

In the 32nd Crisetig played a through ball for Molins, who raced towards it, but a defender slid and got there first…only to put it past his own keeper!

In the 35th, Molins lobbed the ball forward to Thauvin who raced into the box with it, and was chopped down - penalty! Florian was the man who stepped up, and he buried it.

Molins tried another effort from distance in the 48th, and it was directed perfectly towards the bottom right corner, but was well saved.

Gustafson picked out Thauvin just inside the box in the 53rd, but the Frenchman shot wide.

Romagnoli picked up another assist when Helander nodded his 55th minute corner past the keeper.

A corner up our end in the 59th was headed clear, and Neri took off with it. He ran the length of the field before cutting it back for Gustafson. His shot was blocked, as was Crisetig’s followup. Molins picked up the rebound and squared for Thauvin, who stepped inside his man and placed the ball expertly into the bottom right corner.

Biro-Biro replaced Ajer in the 68th.

Thern replaced Crisetig in the 81st.

Rosenberg came on for Neri in the 88th, allowing Molins to move to right wing and Thauvin to left.

A sensational performance today, we truly dominated. Every starter except Ajer and KSG had a rating over 8, with Romagnoli, Helander, Molins, Crisetig and Thauvin reaching 9 or more.

POM: Florian Thauvin (9.4, 2G, 0A)

Just take a look at Thauvin’s unbelievable form!

Molins has just 12 months left on his contract, so I have offered him a new one.
The second round of the Swedish Cup has been drawn. Once again, it made financial sense to purchase home advantage, and so I did.

I was offered the chance to postpone next week’s match against Häcken, but decided against it as none were key players, and I don’t want fixture congestion later one.

Sterling reaches a compromise with Liverpool :P

Santos and KBH look to be a killer pairing! +45 goal difference after 18 games! I full expect you to score over 100 in the league now ;)

Santos and KBH look to be a killer pairing! +45 goal difference after 18 games! I full expect you to score over 100 in the league now ;)

Not sure we'll quite hit 100, it's only a 30 game season. Pretty sure we've conceded less than 10 goals so far though :)

KBH and Santos both have unlimited potential, they will be brilliant! KBH's injury is annoying though, his attributes have fallen a bit :(

Last edited:
Champions League Third Qualifying Round - Second Leg - HJK (Home)

Second leg against HJK, and I’m hoping for a comfortable win.

In the 12th minute, Bengtsson’s cross found Rosenberg’s head, but the ball found the bar.

Thern opened the scoring with a screamer into the top left corner in the 21st minute, striking the loose ball first time from the edge of the area after Adu’s burst into the box had been halted.

Forsberg set up Rosenberg for a low shot from range, and the rebound rolled free for Forsberg to race onto and slide into the open net.

Biro-Biro and Rosenberg made way for Crisetig and the semi-fit Eriksson in the 73rd.

Simon Thern was injured in the 82nd minute and was replaced by Neri - this frustrated me as it happened while I was waiting for the ball to go out so that I could make this exact change anyway!

Forsberg played in Eriksson in the 88th but his shot was well saved.

Utter domination - HJK didn’t have a sniff all game.

POM: Simon Thern (8.6, 1G, 0A)

Disastrous news as Thern’s injury rules him out for 3 months!
Drawn against Maribor in the next round - should not have any problems.

Swedish Premier Division - Game 19 - Åtvidaberg

We renew hostilities with my friend Peter Swärdh's Åtvidaberg side today. They sit bottom of the competition, so we shouldn’t have any trouble.

Thauvin poked home the rebound of Gustafson’s shot in the 6th minute, but was ruled offside - debatably, I might add.

Eriksson was fouled in the area in the 26th, so he had the chance to score from the spot. He smashed it into the bar.

Just two minutes later, Thauvin was brought down in the area, and Eriksson had the chance to make amends for his previous penalty miss. He scored.

Molins scored one of the coolest goals I’ve ever seen in the 34th minute. Linnes first time cross was smashed straight at him, facing away from goal, but with a casual flick of his head, the ball looped over the despairing dive of the keeper and in off the far post. He just made it look so easy!

Bengtsson had a go from outside the area in the 40th minute, but it cannoned back off the post.

Thauvin forced a turnover inside the box in the 44th, but hit the post from a sharp angle.

He was not to be denied 30 seconds later though, blasting the ball into the far corner from Eriksson’s clever turn and pass.

In the second half, nothing much happened for 15 minutes, Eriksson firing high and wide from another of his customary long shots.

He was replaced by Rosenberg in the 65th, whilst Santos came on for Molins at the same time.

Ajer’s long ball in the 70th minute seemed destined to go over the back line, but Santos chased it down and blasted it first time across goal and into the top left corner. I don’t think the keeper even saw it - it was a jaw-dropping goal! Actually, it turns out the ball went between the keeper and the near post, but struck the far side netting - that shows the angle it was struck on!!

A 72nd minute Ricardinho corner found Milosevic, who headed home for our 5th.

Florian Thauvin picked up his second in the 80th minute with a low volley from Ricardinho’s cross.

Biro-Biro replaced Ajer seconds later.

Thauvin had the chance to clinch his hat trick in the 86th minute when he was found in the area by a brilliant Gustafson pass, but he drew two defenders and unselfishly played in Rosenberg for the simplest of finishes, and just his second goal of the season (7 appearances).

Sadly, we couldn’t keep the clean sheet as a low corner found some bloke in the middle of the box and he rifled home. Lazy defence.

An excellent win however, and the player ratings show how brilliant everyone was - Santos had a rating of 8.0 off the bench too. Florian Thauvin was the standout again, he is simply unstoppable right now, picking up a brace as well as a pair of assists. He’s now the leading goalscorer in the league with 11. Norrköping and Djurgården continue to play well though, and are only 7 points behind us, despite the fact that we’ve dropped just 5 points over 19 games!

POM: Florian Thauvin (9.6, 2G, 2A)

Transfer Deadline Day

Deadline day, and half my youth team goes out on loan.

Djurgården have their own Biro-Biro now! He’s a quality player too. Unfortunately, it seems that Norrköping will be going the other direction, as one of their two main strikers (both have 10 league goals) joins Norway’s Molde for 1.5m + a 17 year old CB.

Thauvin out for two weeks! :( This is his recent form!

Back