Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Swedish Premier Division - Game 20 - Häcken (Away)

Today’s match against Häcken is a big one. They have not lost in their last 12 matches, and are really pushing to try to break into the European spots. This won’t be an easy game, especially without our star player, Thauvin.

But it was Thauvin’s replacement, Santos, who rose to head us into the lead in the 21st minute, off an excellent Linnes cross.

Molins raced the length of the field after a corner was cleared, but his eventual effort from a good position was poor, and didn’t trouble the keeper.

We went into the break with our slender one-goal lead.

In the 63rd minute, Santos embarked on an incredible run, and blasted the ball towards the top right corner. It may have been narrowly missing, or it may have been on target, but a defender running back was lucky enough to get his head in the way, and it went behind for a corner.

From the corner, the ball was worked back in to Santos, who hit the bar, but had been offside anyway.

Biro-Biro was replaced by Adu in the 65th.

And in the 75th, Häcken tied the game with a near post header from a corner.

Rosenberg and Forsberg came on in the 80th for Eriksson and Gustafson.

A late Bengtsson free kick pinballed around the box for a bit but was scooped up by the keeper.

Häcken deserved their draw, they played very well today. I was slightly disappointed with our performance, but not too worried. Santos was easily the best player today.

POM: Santos (8.3, 1G, 0A)

Some crazy good form mate. Unfortunate against Hacken, but what's in a name right :)

Some crazy good form mate. Unfortunate against Hacken, but what's in a name right :)

Hah! Hacken are a good team so I'm not too worried, if anything I'm pleased that a couple of the other clubs can still challenge us!

Swedish Cup Second Round - Oskarshamn (Home)

This Swedish Cup fixture should be a mere formality, despite the rotated lineup.

We started off slowly though, and the first incident of note came in the 24th minute when Petkovic broke away and was racing upfield, before being upended by a vicious slide tackle from behind. Straight red card, and the idiot got himself injured by doing it too - justice!

Petkovic then opened the scoring in the 32nd, beating the keeper high at his near post.

In first half stoppage time, Petkovic put in a low cross which Rosenberg flicked on, but was unfortunate to hit the inside of the far post.

In the 53rd, Rosenberg and Ajer were replaced by Eriksson and Santos, and we moved to a 4-2-3-1.

In the 63rd, Tinnerholm swung in a cross and Neri connected with a good header to put us two in front.

Petkovic picked up his second with an absolute bullet of a header from a Santos cross.

Petkovic then turned provider with a very intelligent cut back, from which Possebon, who had had a sensational game in his return from injury, capped his performance with a powerful strike from outside the area.

Gustafson replaced him in the 90th minute.

A very convincing win, with Romagnoli (8.9), Possebon (9.1), Tinnerholm (8.7) and of course man of the match Petkovic (9.5) playing particularly well. Comfortably through to next season’s group stages. They didn’t have a shot all game.

POM: Drasko Petkovic (9.5, 2G, 1A)

So the Cup has been drawn for next season, and we have a relatively difficult group, with AIK the main threat, although we should definitely progress from it.

Domination. Very impressive holding them to 31% possession and no shots!

Love your detail to the matches, it's a different style to some of us, longer winded but it's a very nice read. I try not to read this every day, and just have a catch up every few days, because I get quite hooked into it! Doing well mate.

Domination. Very impressive holding them to 31% possession and no shots!

Thank you, it was not a difficult match haha I'm looking forward to Champions League group stages, assuming we get past Maribor of course, I want some tougher games!

Love your detail to the matches, it's a different style to some of us, longer winded but it's a very nice read. I try not to read this every day, and just have a catch up every few days, because I get quite hooked into it! Doing well mate.

Thanks very much, I'm very flattered, high praise coming from one of the best writers on the site!

I have to admit that I often do the same, I like being able to read lots of a story in one go, that's how I always did it before I joined the site, I'd really only read completed stories!

Thanks very much, I'm very flattered, high praise coming from one of the best writers on the site!

I have to admit that I often do the same, I like being able to read lots of a story in one go, that's how I always did it before I joined the site, I'd really only read completed stories!

Thanks mate :) Yeah keep this up, it's brilliant!

Champions League Champions Playoff - First Leg - Maribor (Away)

We are away for the first leg yet again, but we should still win here. A strong lineup takes the field.

Forsberg opened the scoring in the 2nd minute, rifling low inside the near post after Ricardinho squared the ball to him inside the area.

Forsberg picked up his second in the 38th minute, after receiving a pass from Gustafson near the penalty spot, turning and shooting straight through the keeper’s legs.

In the 61st minute I made a triple change - Santos, Biro-Biro and Rosenberg coming on for Molins, Ajer and Eriksson. Forsberg switched to right wing.

A beautiful play in the 65th brought our third goal. Gustafson passed to Crisetig who played a delightful back heel to Santos on the edge of the area. Santos picked out Rosenberg in the area, who turned his man and blasted into the top right corner.

A cross almost from the back line in the 69th minute found their striker practically on top of KSG, but the Korean keeper managed to block his effort.

Not much more happened as we saw out an easy win which all but guarantees us a place in the group stages of the Champions League. Despite his finishing attribute being just 9, Forsberg has 14 goals this season, 7 in this competition, leaving him 3 clear at the top of the charts at this early stage.

POM: Emil Forsberg (9.1, 2G, 0A)

Pione Sisto moves on from Marseille to Monaco - Chriller95

View attachment 259352

Youth Intake

One standout player in this year’s youth intake, which is nice after last year's disappointment. Young Joakim Kardum looks like he could develop into an excellent AMC for us.

Sevilla offer an interview. I decide to attend to see if I can get the board to improve junior coaching or youth recruitment.

Swedish Premier Division - Game 21 - Mjällby (Home)

We resume league action against Mjällby today, expecting yet another comfortable win. Thauvin makes the bench in his return from injury, but isn’t fully match fit.

Right on the first minute mark, Crisetig teed up Gustafson on the edge of the area. His strike was pushed aside, and Santos’ effort from the rebound was blocked behind - to be fair to him, it was almost over the line when he shot anyway.

A 7th minute Bengtsson cross found Molins in the centre, but his header was very well saved by the keeper. At this point I realised it was the same 41 year old bloke who made a number of great saves against us in the reverse fixture earlier in the year, in a match we still won 3-0.

In the 11th minute Romagnoli swung in a corner. It was headed clear, but Molins was lurking just inside the top of the box, and he volleyed it sweetly through the traffic and into the net.

In the 16th minute Bengtsson lined up a free kick on the edge of the area. It was saved by the diving keeper, but this time Santos was not to be denied from the same impossible angle as before, doubling our lead.

Two minutes later Eriksson made it three after being played in by Crisetig, who picked him out from between four or five players!

Santos picked up his second in the 27th, first timing his strike into the roof after Romagnoli clipped the ball in for him following a corner.

In the 30th Eriksson had his second as well, finishing with a quick shot inside the near post from a Romagnoli pass.

Bengtsson had a go from range in the 45th, but it flew narrowly wide.

Molins picked up a knock in the 61st minute, and had to be replaced by Petkovic.

Gustafson made way for Neri in the 69th.

A 70th minute Romagnoli corner was allowed to bounce before being slammed into the net by Milosevic at the back post.

Adu replaced Crisetig in the 89th.

Santos set up Neri with a cut back in stoppage time, but the Italian fired high from just outside the area.

Another convincing win, not really much more to add. The only starter who didn’t pass 8 was keeper KSG, who had yet another uneventful night. Romagnoli, who is a natural left or centre back picked up 3 assists at right back, though two were from or following corners. Personally I thought he or Santos deserved MOTM, but can’t complain about Eriksson getting it either. Mjällby had just a single shot all game.

POM: Magnus Eriksson (9.4, 2G, 2A)

Getting sneaky again with board I see haha! I started a new game up with Newcastle last night (Sacked Carver 1st thing to make myself feel better ) and came across a Brazilian in Portugal and im sure it was Benfica he plays and is touted as the next Ronaldinho Gaucho!

Getting sneaky again with board I see haha! I started a new game up with Newcastle last night (Sacked Carver 1st thing to make myself feel better ) and came across a Brazilian in Portugal and im sure it was Benfica he plays and is touted as the next Ronaldinho Gaucho!

Yeah haha it's for their own good ;)

Is that Talisca you're thinking of? Had a great season irl he's quite a talent!

Yeah haha it's for their own good ;)

Is that Talisca you're thinking of? Had a great season irl he's quite a talent!

Sorry mate, didn't realise I didn't put his name down, Was Victor Andrade, Worth around £85k at the start

Sorry mate, didn't realise I didn't put his name down, Was Victor Andrade, Worth around £85k at the start

Ah okay, no worries, I don't know him, did he move there mid season irl? Because I used the original database not the January update

Ah okay, no worries, I don't know him, did he move there mid season irl? Because I used the original database not the January update

I think he was there at the start of the season, If not he moved from Santos, May be in Brazil youth teams if not a manual search should bring him up!

Back