Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Why not? Will be interesting to see how he gets along with the South Koreans! ;)

Hahaha that is an excellent point! :P

Trouble is I play complete wing backs and he has no flair, crossing, off the ball, dribbling, first touch :/ Could sign him for profit maybe?

Injury News...

Bad news as on-loan Chipongue is out injured for what is actually 2-3 months :/ His loan spell expires in about 3 months too :(

Petkovic scores on debut for Sweden, and demonstrates the excellent relationship between us by thanking me for it. Kardum made his debut as a late substitute, becoming Sweden’s youngest ever player in the process. Delahaye was also handed a Belgium debut from the bench.

Injury News...

Poor Molins can’t stay away from the physios. Just look at his injury record :(

Transfer News...

Well I was on the lookout for a good goalkeeper regen, and it seems I have found one. A 2.3 million bid has been accepted, though his agent owns a percentage, so it will cost more. I would have preferred a Swede, but I can't wait around indefinitely on the off chance a world class Swedish GK regen turns up somewhere!

Allsvenskan - Game 20 - Djurgården (Home)

Tough fixture list now. It begins today with Djurgården, before we play Jönköpings Södra in just two days time, and Benfica 3 days after that. Hopefully a nearly full strength lineup has what it takes today.

In just the 3rd minute, KBH was denied from an extremely tight angle, and then hit the post with his followup effort.

Biro-Biro gave away a penalty in the 8th minute, receiving a yellow for his efforts too. Straight down the middle as Mohlin dived to his right.

But once again, we showed tremendous character (Brendan Rodgers) to draw level almost immediately afterwards. KBH jinked his way to the top of the box in the 10th minute, and dropped the ball back for Quintero, who sidestepped a couple of would-be tacklers (Twelfth Man ;) ), and found the top left corner from 20 yards with a beauty!

Santos then tested the keeper in the 14th minute with a low effort, which was denied by a sprawling save. KBH collected the rebound and had another effort from the tightest of angles, which was saved behind.

In the 17th minute Crisetig’s long ball was intercepted, but Jovic tackled the man and broke free. He laid off to KBH who beat the keeper but hit the far post.

A brilliant run by KBH as space opened up for him in the 27th was followed by a delightful one-two with Jovic, which released the Korean. Once again, the keeper was beaten, but the right post wasn’t. Poor KBH has hit the woodwork 3 times already! Perhaps it’s just not his day.

In the 42nd minute Quintero squared for Santos outside the box, and the Brazilian struck a gorgeous curling effort into the side netting inside the far post. Another top class strike!

In the 44th a lovely chip across goal by Santos presented Jovic with a tap in, but the Serbian was offside.

Djurgården almost broke through 30 seconds into the second half, but Helander’s brilliant slide tackle denied them a shooting opportunity as their striker seemed destined to break free.

In the 56th minute the same two Djurgården players combined as Jawo released Agnaldo again, but he hit the side netting on the wrong side of the post.

Thauvin made his long-awaited return from injury in the 64th, replacing Jovic, and pushing KBH up top.

For the fourth time in the match, KBH missed out from the same tight angle in the 68th minute, this time hitting the outside of the net.

In the 69th minute Díaz and Tinnerholm replaced Gustafson and Bengtsson - Tinnerholm and Linnes switched flanks.

Santos picked up his second with a brilliant header from Tinnerholm’s 81st minute cross.

Santos and Quintero ran the show today, each ending the match with a rating of 9.0, as the pair of them bagged brilliant long range goals. Despite his misfortune with the woodwork, KBH played well and had a rating of 8.1. Biro-Biro recovered well from his error and actually had the highest rating of the defence with 7.2. Most, if not all of these players will get the next match off but return for the Benfica clash, which is in just 5 days time!

POM: Santos (9.0, 2G, 0A)

Transfer News...

Young Castellano agreed a contract with us and will join at the end of the season. It’s only one year, because the agent wasn’t interested in any longer, but I slipped in an “Optional Extension by Club” of 3 years, which I will of course activate.
(6)

I am literally stunned. The bookies actually think we’re in with a fair shot in the Champions League! This is with our coefficients ranking us as 46th in Europe! I don’t understand it tbh but it’s kind of a shame to lose our underdogs tag :P

Allsvenskan - Game 21 - Jönköpings Södra (Away)

Jönköpings Södra are a team we should beat pretty comfortably, even with this second string lineup.

The first half was the most boring I can ever remember us playing. We had 68% possession and 17 shots, but never really threatened, evidenced by not one highlight coming up without me manually going back to have a look!

Kardum finally created a real chance in the 53rd, slipping Delahaye in behind the defence, but the Belgian fluffed his lines with just the keeper to beat, and hit a very tame effort straight at the keeper.

The next minute Neri’s brilliant pass gave Kardum an opportunity, and he hit a decent shot, but a good save denied him.

In the 59th minute Blomqvist, KBH and Thauvin came on for Milosevic, Delahaye and Petkovic. Kardum and Neri moved across to right wing and AMC respectively to accommodate Thauvin on the left.

It took just over a minute for the changes to take effect. Kardum’s brilliant run down the right was followed by a pinpoint cross, and Neri was there to meet it, finding the bottom corner from close range for his second of the season.

We launched a quick counter in the 77th minute, and Neri played the ball through for KBH to race off with. He was too quick for his man, but skewed his shot embarrassingly wide.

In the 83rd minute Díaz had a go from outside the area, and was unfortunate to see it strike the post, then the keeper, then go out for a corner.

Just a minute later, Thauvin played a clever pass to KBH inside the box, but the Korean smashed it straight at the keeper, who palmed it behind.

In the 87th KBH played Thauvin in, but he couldn’t beat the keeper either.

A story of total domination, but a very narrow win in the end. Kardum was unbelievable, totally controlling the match with 8 key passes and was far and away the best on the pitch. Delahaye had a poor game, but these things happen when you’re 17! Hopefully the first team are more clinical against Benfica in 3 days time.

POM: Joakim Kardum (9.0, 0G, 1A)

Champions League Group Stage - Game 1 - Benfica (Away)

In the pre-match press conference the reporters seemed to be expecting me to pick a weaker side today in order to rest players for the game against IFK Göteborg in 4 days time. The league is almost certainly ours already, this match is the priority. As such, it’s more or less my strongest team at the Estádio da Luz today. Every point counts, and I’m hoping for a win, but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster.

In the 6th minute we surged forwards, but lost the ball. SLB hammered a long ball forwards, and Helander missed his header. Rodrigo raced onto it and squared for Jara, who had just KSG to beat. He found the bottom corner, and we found ourselves behind.

In the 17th minute Zúñiga put in a harmless cross, but KSG dropped it, and Tosic had an easy finish. Things were looking bleak.

A minute later Gustafson split the defence for KBH, who drilled a ball across the face of goal. Santos was there and did brilliantly to convert from a very sharp angle - game on!

A long cross from Santos in the 38th floated across the goal, and KBH did remarkably well to get a shot off before it crossed the baseline. He missed though, and as it turns out, was offside regardless.

Jovic took off upfield with the ball in the 39th, drifting wide to the right before putting in a cross. Quintero was first to it, and smashed a header into the underside of the bar, the ball bouncing on the line before being cleared.

I had to throw the dice, and in the 53rd, three under performers in Jovic, Quintero and Bengtsson were pulled and replaced by Thauvin, Kardum and Romagnoli. KBH moved up top.

In the 61st minute I adjusted our tactics, as we couldn’t seem to break them down.

And in the 64th minute it paid dividends, and Romagnoli’s perfect cross found the head of Santos, who buried it.

4 minutes later we were in front! KBH and Santos played a lovely one-two, and KBH roofed his shot across the keeper!

We went ultra defensive a few minutes later, looking to see the win out.

But in the 82nd KBH doubled his tally with another stunning strike into the roof of the net from the edge of the box - or not. Apparently he was offside. I’m still sceptical.

It didn’t matter in the end, as we saw out a remarkable come-from-behind victory! I’m delighted with the team, as we haven’t really been tested like that in a long time, and to go two behind on the road and still win the match is testament to the character of the players. Fantastic win! Santos was the undisputed star, but he was well supported by KBH, who deserved two goals. Bengtsson, Quintero and Jovic were all disappointing today, though Helander managed to recover from his early error to post a respectable rating.

POM: Santos (9.2, 2G, 1A)

Smashing it mate - Looking good for a deep Champs League run here methinks!!

Allsvenskan - Game 22 - IFK Göteborg (Away)

Kardum and Romagnoli join the starting lineup today, which otherwise remains unchanged. I’m hoping that Bengtsson, Quintero and Jovic can bounce back from their poor performances last time out, thought Jovic has been poor three games straight. A win would all but seal the title, though a loss would still see us in the driving seat.

KBH squared to Jovic on the edge of the box in the 6th minute, and the Serbian turned his man beautifully, but shot wide.

In the 10th minute it was Jovic who played KBH through, but the Korean shot straight at the keeper.

In the 19th minute Jovic rose to head home Bengtsson’s cross, but he was ruled offside.

In the 24th Kardum had a shot from outside the box and Jovic leapt and controlled the shot past the keeper, before sliding the ball home. The assist went to KBH, who had set up Kardum for the initial shot.

In the 29th minute Santos cut into the box and squared for KBH, who once again shot straight at the keeper.

The Korean did get on the board in the 36th minute, spotting a gap in the defence and surging through it, before nestling the ball in the bottom corner.

In the 53rd minute KBH cut inside beautifully and fired a ferocious shot which was blocked by the keeper, and Santos’ first time shot from the rebound hit the post.

Kardum’s lovely run in the 55th was followed by a great pass to Jovic, whose shot across the keeper was tipped around the post.

Kardum was exhausted after some brutal tackles, so was replaced by Gustafson in the 58th.

Jovic scored a beauty in the 69th, finding the top corner from the edge of the area.

KBH went off for Petkovic following that play, and Santos moved to left wing.

Delahaye replaced Quintero in the 73rd.

Petkovic got on the board in the 78th, when Linnes’ cross wasn’t cleared far enough, and he pounced on the rebound.

It’s almost depressing to beat the second placed team 4-0 in their own backyard, but that’s exactly what we did, and I can’t complain about the performance of the players. Jovic had a great game, and deserved the MOM award for his brace. Hopefully most of these guys recover enough to play the next fixture in 3 days, so then I can rest them for the following match, before the Manchester United clash. As for the league, we are 12 points clear with a game in hand, and look certain to take out the title yet again.

POM: Luka Jovic (9.2, 2G, 0A)

Pleasantly surprised to see The Greatest Red Devil Of All God **** Time Bebe still playing on the Subs bench.

Allsvenskan - Game 23 - Gefle (Home)

Not expecting to have any problems against Gefle today.

KBH was set free by Quintero in oceans of space in the 5th minute, but with only the keeper to beat, he shot directly at the bloke.

Santos opened the scoring in the 7th minute from Jovic’s cut back.

He doubled his tally in the 15th. After sending the ball in for KBH, the Korean’s shot was deflected back to Santos, and he drilled another low effort past the keeper.

Jovic made it three in the 19th minute, scoring at the second attempt after his volley from Bengtsson’s cross came back to him off the keeper.

But things took a turn for the worse in the 21st when Quintero was forced off by injury. Díaz replaced him, and Kardum pushed forwards to AMC.

In the 24th minute Gefle countered from our corner, but their striker fired wide with only KSG to beat.

Santos sealed his hat trick in the 26th with a glancing header from Linnes’ cross.

Kardum slipped Jovic through in the 28th, but the Serbian was denied at close range by the keeper.

A 35th minute corner sparked a penalty box scramble and KBH went close, but eventually it was cleared.

In the 44th Jovic scored after Linnes’ cross was flicked on to him by the head of Santos, but he was offside.

Jovic did pick up his second in the 59th, bamboozling the defender with some crazy footwork before curling the ball into the top right corner from outside the area.

Petkovic replaced Kardum in the 64th, and Santos moved behind the striker.

KBH demonstrated his blistering speed in the 66th as he burst through the defence, but his excellent shot was tipped over the bar.

In the 71st their striker almost broke free but he took too long to shoot, and Milosevic recovered to block his effort.

Delahaye replaced hat trick hero Santos in the 75th.

Linnes’ 78th minute cross wasn’t cleared far, and Jovic picked it up outside the area, stepped to his left, and curled the ball into the bottom left corner - a hat trick for him too!

Petkovic was forced off by injury in the 89th.

Brilliant performances all around today. Jovic and Santos each bagged hat tricks, and just about everyone else was on fire as well. I just have to hope that Quintero and Petkovic aren’t seriously injured.

POM: Luka Jovic (9.7, 3G, 1A)

Back