Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Injury News...

Well whilst Petkovic’s injury was nothing more than a knock, Quintero’s has unfortunately proven to be very serious, and we lose one of our key players for most, if not all, of the rest of the season, including up to 5 critical Champions League matches.

Last edited:
It is time for the squad to prove its debt my friend ! Nice start with ECL win !!

Allsvenskan - Game 24 - Kalmar FF (Home)

Rotated lineup today, so the starters can rest for the Manchester United clash in 3 days time. Thauvin gets his first start since his injury return. Youth intake player Murat Öztürk gets a place on the bench.

Tinnerholm put in a great cross in the 15th minute, but Thauvin’s low volley was held by the keeper.

Neri’s turn-and-shoot from the edge of the box in the 21st was executed brilliantly, but he struck the crossbar.

That was the closest we came as the rest of the half petered out and we went into the break level.

A long kick from keeper Mohlin in the 52nd left Delahaye one on one with the Kalmar keeper, but he was denied.

And in the 55th minute, we went behind, as former player Cibicki put in a low cross which was controlled and then drilled home by their striker.

KBH and Kardum entered the fray in the 57th minute, replacing Delahaye and Gustafson.

It took KBH just 30 seconds to receive the ball, turn, and breeze past his man, but he was denied by a great save at the near post.

In the 60th minute KBH played a one-two with Petkovic, and had a shot. The save fell into open space, and he was first there to slide it home and tie the game at 1.

Kardum and Neri switched positions shortly afterwards.

A brilliant move straight from the kickoff led to Díaz finding Thauvin, who passed to Kardum for the shot - but it was soft and looping, and easily held.

Biro-Biro replaced Neri in the 68th. He and Díaz switched places.

In the 74th an unbelievable run from the lighting fast KBH took him into the box, and he beat the keeper, but not the post.

We went overload in the 80th minute.

In the 82nd a hopeful looking long ball from Blomqvist caught the Kalmar defence by surprise, and KBH was through. His calm finish found the bottom right corner with the aid of the post.

We switched to a more defensive style a minute or so later.

In the 88th KBH turned provider, slipping a lovely pass in for Kardum, who made no mistake with just the keeper to beat.

We did well to come from behind and win that one. No doubt KBH was the hero, coming off the bench to bag a brace, as well as an assist, and Kardum’s goal was a just reward for his good work upon his entry into the game. We definitely deserved to win, with a 28-3 shot count, and Kalmar scoring off their only shot on target. Now we turn our focus to Manchester United.

POM: Kim Byung-Hyun (9.0, 2G, 1A)

You're dominating the league !
Luka Jovic and KBH are by far your best players ;)
Keep it up !
PS:Congratulations for the award ! You truly deserved it :)

You're dominating the league !
Luka Jovic and KBH are by far your best players ;)
Keep it up !
PS:Congratulations for the award ! You truly deserved it :)

Thanks so much for your support mate, I really appreciate it! :)

KBH and Jovic are both really good! I think Santos is probably my best player though, he's unbelievable, despite playing right wing most of the time when he's a natural left wing.

Wow! 100 pages. Feels like only yesterday this started, well done Patty boy!

Congrats on the 100 pages, mate!

Wow! 100 pages. Feels like only yesterday this started, well done Patty boy!

Thanks so much guys!

I want to thank everyone for their support! Everyone who has commented, and everyone who is a silent reader! I encourage you guys to comment as well, feedback and questions are always appreciated!

It's been fantastic, and hopefully this will continue for a long time! :)

Champions League - Group Stage - Manchester United (Home)

I decided to treat Manchester with a bit of respect today, and lined up in the old 4-3-3 formation. I feel we could win with the 4-2-3-1, but I wanted to play it safe. The option to change is always there. This is the one team who I hate losing to more than any other - I badly want to win this, not just for our Champions League prospects!

Things started poorly though, as Falcao converted from inside the 6 yard box in the 15th minute to put United in front.

Seconds after the restart Santos tested De Gea from outside the box, but the Spaniard turned it behind. A

shocking miscommunication between Helander and Milosevic in the 41st allowed Falcao to waltz up to them and pick up the ball, leaving him one on one with KSG. He hit the bar.

Romagnoli replaced Bengtsson in the 48th minute.

Díaz came on for Biro-Biro in the 50th, and we moved to 4-2-3-1. Kardum played the number 10 role.

Rooney teed up Ricardo Goulart in the 55th, but KSG did brilliantly to dive and catch the shot.

A 57th minute corner was cleared back to Romagnoli, who put it back in. Milosevic headed it back across goal for Helander, who hit the post.

Kardum almost scored a minute later, but a sliding tackle denied him.

Petkovic replaced Jovic in the 61st. KBH moved up top and Santos to the left to accommodate him.

In the 70th an unbelievable pass from Santos found the run of KBH, and he turned it goalwards at full pace - but De Gea made a brilliant save.

I went overload in the 83rd.

In the 87th Petkovic raced down the right, but instead of crossing, cut it back to Díaz. The Argentinian was well outside the box, but had a crack, and found the top left corner! An astonishing strike from the midfielder, just his second goal of the season! My decision to bring him on rather than Gustafson was vindicated!

I decided to press for the winner, as we were dominating the stats, but unfortunately, we couldn’t find it.

Despite trailing most of the match, we were actually unfortunate not to win today. Jovic and Bengtsson once again choked on the big stage, which is very disappointing. Díaz really stepped up though, which was fantastic to see. He’d played well recently, finally getting a real chance in the side after struggling for fitness earlier in the season, and he repaid my faith with his scorching equaliser. A shame we didn’t win, but not a terrible result, and I’m optimistic for the return fixture at Old Trafford, though naturally I do expect it to be tougher.

POM: Phil Jones (Manchester United - 8.6, 0G, 0A)

Best Malmö Player: Héctor Díaz (8.2, 1G, 0A)

Unlucky not to win there against the mighty Man U! Good job!

What a result with Man Utd !!! My prediction is that you will definitely pass to the knock out phase !!!

Back