Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
What a result with Man Utd !!! My prediction is that you will definitely pass to the knock out phase !!!

Thanks mate! It's looking good, as long as we take 6 points from Utrecht and avoid defeat against Benfica we should be okay, but I'm gunning for top spot

Allsvenskan - Game 25 - Helsingborg (Away)

Next up are our arch rivals Helsingborg. After two underwhelming seasons, they’ve finally had a good one this year, which I’m very pleased about. It’s always better when your rivals are your toughest opponents. They also won the last match between us, which was last season. I only noticed once I’d already submitted the lineups that Thauvin’s condition was only 83%!

In the 14th minute Bengtsson put a free kick in, but Milosevic’s volley was straight at the keeper.

In the 18th minute Díaz passed to Petkovic just inside the box, who nutmegged his man beautifully and powered the ball into the top right corner!

I was punished for my oversight on Thauvin’s condition when he picked up a knock, and I didn’t want to risk him further, so he was replaced by Forsberg in the 45th minute.

In stoppage time, Bengtsson put in a cross for Neri, but his close range header was straight at the keeper.

About 30 seconds later we were gifted the ball, and KBH and Petkovic combined for the latter to square to Neri, who made no mistake this time with a low shot through the keeper’s legs.

Still in injury time, and KBH was too quick for the defenders, breezing past before taking a shot, but it was well saved.

In the 65th minute Biro-Biro was pushed over while jumping for a corner, and we were awarded a penalty. It was KBH who stepped up, and it was KBH who increased our lead to 3 goals.

Kardum and Delahaye came on for Neri and KBH in the 70th minute.

In the 77th minute, Helsingborg striker Sow somehow managed to get to a cross first, and it trickled over the line to give them a foothold in the match.

But just over a minute later we slammed the door shut, Petkovic’s cross finding Forsberg, who finished low across the keeper. A good win in the end. Petkovic was brilliant, with two assists and a goal to boot. I’m feeling guilty about Thauvin though, hopefully it was only a knock.

POM: Drasko Petkovic (9.2, 1G, 2A)

100 pages barrier broken!! Well done mate, Good result against UTD too, Shows you can handle the big teams!

100 pages barrier broken!! Well done mate, Good result against UTD too, Shows you can handle the big teams!

Thanks mate, your support, along with others, has been a major part of this story's success!

And definitely, when we play at our best we can certainly compete with the best! :)

One day I aim to be as great as PatrickLFC - 100 pages down and the story is as good as ever!

One day I aim to be as great as PatrickLFC - 100 pages down and the story is as good as ever!

Haha thanks man, but you're already at least as good as I am! Although I wouldn't call myself great - I only have the one story!

Allsvenskan - Game 26 - Gefle (Away)

Rotation again today against Gefle, following the international break. The first choice team will play Utrecht in 3 days time.

In the 6th minute Kardum opened the scoring with a low effort after the ball had pinballed around the area for a bit.

We didn’t do anything more for the rest of the half, until Thauvin hit the post from a very tight angle in the 45th.

Mohlin was called into action in the 48th, making an excellent close range save after a long ball found it’s way past the defence.

Kardum and Petkovic were arguably our two best players on the pitch, but I replaced them with Forsberg and Molins in the 65th minute. Thauvin moved behind the striker.

Crisetig replaced Thern in the 71st minute.

Delahaye slipped Forsberg in behind in the 85th, but somehow the winger missed the target completely.

A brilliant counterattack in the 87th saw Thauvin play the ball to Molins, whose first touch pass left Delahaye with an open net and and easy finish - unfortunately, he was offside.

I was disappointed that we only won 1-0, though credit to Gefle, as they played well. Delahaye hasn’t been able to translate his goalscoring form in the Champions League to the league, though the competition is certainly more difficult. Poor Häcken have lost four in a row, and have collected just 8 points from their last 11 fixtures, to slump to 8th in the table, as well as losing in the Swedish Cup.

POM: Sam Mensah (Gefle - 8.3, 0G, 0A)

Best Malmö Player: Filip Helander (8.0, 0G, 0A)

Good result against Man Utd. Late goals are always something to savour.

Also glad to see Luka Jovic staying at Malmo. :)

Good result against Man Utd. Late goals are always something to savour.

Also glad to see Luka Jovic staying at Malmo. :)

They certainly are! We definitely deserved at least a draw

Yeah he's been tearing up the league this season, hasn't turned up in Europe yet though :/

You can do it mate ! Congrats for winning another title,you're on fire ;)
Also,GJ for 101 pages too :P

Champions League - Game 3 - FC Utrecht (Home)

Utrecht today as we look to continue our push for the knockout stages. We play Häcken in two days and Helsingborg three days after that, so our fixture list is hectic! It’s vital we don’t drop points against the Dutch outfit, as they could be critical in the race for first or second place.

Things started awfully though, as we fell behind in the 6th minute to a well executed counterattack, Rodney Antwi scoring his first ever goal for Utrecht.

And in the 12th minute Cedric Badjeck made it two with a low finish from near the penalty spot. Terrible defending left him in plenty of space.

Things got worse when Kardum was forced off in the 15th minute by injury. Petkovic replaced him, and Santos moved to AMC.

Jovic did well to wriggle free in the 30th minute and found himself with just the keeper to beat, but his shot was straight at the man.

We countered from a free kick two minutes later, and Jovic lofted the ball forwards for Petkovic. The young winger raced goalwards and fired across the keeper, narrowly missing the far post.

The half time stats:

Thauvin and Helander replaced Jovic and Ricardinho in the 60th minute, then switched positions with KBH and Romagnoli respectively.

In the 64th minute Badjeck should have sealed it for Utrecht, but he missed the target completely. I immediately changed the tactics to be more direct.

And it had an immediate effect! From the goal kick, we worked it forwards through Petkovic and Santos. The former passed to Díaz, who sprayed it wide for Romagnoli. Romagnoli put in a cross, and KBH was there for an easy volley. Game on!

We went overload in the 80th minute.

But it wasn’t enough, as we slumped to a terrible home defeat against the bottom seed in the group, who are now top after three rounds. I was furious with the team, and I let them know in no uncertain terms. We dominated the match but a couple of silly early goals left us in a hole, and we struggled from there. Our finishing was woeful, and we were made to pay. This makes qualification far more difficult, and we’ll do well to finish second! Very disappointed. Kardum’s early injury may also prove a headache, particularly with Quintero still out injured.

POM: Damián Romagnoli (8.0, 0G, 1A)

102 pages !1 Great achievement! Keep on !! Tricky result with Utrecht though ... I did not expect this group would be so competitive ...

102 pages !1 Great achievement! Keep on !! Tricky result with Utrecht though ... I did not expect this group would be so competitive ...

Thanks man! I knew we wouldn't smash them but I was expecting to win. They're top of the group and it's so tight, anyone could progress at this stage!

How are Utrecht in the ECL? They'd go bonkers over there at the sight of that.

Anyway congrats on 100 pages of fantastic storytelling and congrats on yet another league title! Keep it going mate.

Back