Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
How are Utrecht in the ECL? They'd go bonkers over there at the sight of that.

Anyway congrats on 100 pages of fantastic storytelling and congrats on yet another league title! Keep it going mate.

No idea but they're also one point off the top of the Eredivisie with a game in hand so things are going well for them. I've always liked them so I wouldn't mind seeing them progress from our group, just not at my expense! :P

Thanks very much for your support, highly appreciated! :)

Allsvenskan - Game 27 - Häcken (Away)

Rotated side as the Utrecht debacle was just two days ago. We’ll be looking to bounce back against a very out of form Häcken side.

Jovic opened the scoring in the 31st minute with a nice finish from Neri’s pass. He’s scored at a phenomenal rate in the league, but has balked on the big stage of the Champions League.

In the 41st minute Bengtsson’s corner was headed down by Thern, and Molins announced his return to the starting lineup by smashing it into the roof of the net!

Jovic scored a brilliant volley in the 44th minute but was unfortunately ruled offside.

Molins was fouled in the box in stoppage time, and a penalty awarded. Jovic made no mistake.

Forsberg scored his 10th of the season in the 50th minute with a well placed header from Bengtsson’s free kick.

Santos replaced Neri in the 59th minute.

Díaz replaced Thern in the 64th.

Petkovic came on for Molins in the 74th.

In the 87th Santos passed to Forsberg, who turned and had a crack from 30 yards, but the keeper made a brilliant save.

In the 92nd Santos fired wide after an excellent run into the box.

Nothing to complain about today as everyone did their jobs well. I still hope Häcken can turn their season around from here and make a continental qualification spot, though the chances of that are minute.

POM: Luka Jovic (9.1, 2G, 0A)

Allsvenskan - Game 28 - Helsingborg (Home)

Helsingborg again today, and this time we’re at home. After whipping them in their own backyard, we shouldn’t have any trouble today.

Díaz opened the scoring in the 13th minute with a powerful shot from Thauvin’s pass.

In the 30th minute Díaz slipped a gorgeous pass in behind the defence for Thauvin, but the Frenchman fired narrowly wide.

In the 35th minute Linnes’ low cross was controlled by KBH, who turned and lashed a shot past the keeper to double our advantage.

19 seconds into the second half, KBH picked up his second, collecting Santos’ pass, stepping past his man and hammering it past the keeper.

Thauvin’s lofted pass down the left wing in the 55th minute was well kept in by KBH, who then cut inside and into the box, before playing a low cross over to Petkovic for an easy finish.

In the 62nd minute Díaz went down with an injury, so Gustafson replaced him.

In the 66th minute Helsingborg broke through but KSG made a good stop at head height.

Forsberg and Molins replaced Thauvin and Petkovic in the 72nd.

And the pair combined in the 81st minute, with Molins getting on the end of Forsberg’s free kick to head home our 5th.

A comfortable win against our rivals, with excellent performances all across the board. Díaz was once again brilliant until his injury, and I am desperately hoping that it is nothing serious, as he’s made himself one of my first choice CM’s in recent weeks.

POM: Kim Byung-Hyun (9.5, 2G, 1A)

Great that you've been able to keep players like Forsberg, Thern, Tinnerholm and Helander and also bought some swedish talent. As a swede I'm familiar with the swedish players and you've really built a good team. In Sweden I think that it was the fear of supporters of other teams that, after their success in Europe last season, Malmö would be able to buy really good players and easily win the league this year, but it looks more like it's going to be IFK Göteborg who wins it this year. Oscar Lewicki is a really good player that did very well in the U21 tournament that joined them in january. Anyways, you've built a good team here.

Great that you've been able to keep players like Forsberg, Thern, Tinnerholm and Helander and also bought some swedish talent. As a swede I'm familiar with the swedish players and you've really built a good team. In Sweden I think that it was the fear of supporters of other teams that, after their success in Europe last season, Malmö would be able to buy really good players and easily win the league this year, but it looks more like it's going to be IFK Göteborg who wins it this year. Oscar Lewicki is a really good player that did very well in the U21 tournament that joined them in january. Anyways, you've built a good team here.

Thanks mate, it's something I've been consciously trying to do, as I tend to get carried away and end up with 20 different nationalities :P Sweden is my favourite country though so it's a little easier to stick with Swedish players. Yeah I've vaguely followed the real life one, and Malmo haven't kicked on at all after their European success. It's a shame for them but I guess in real life it may not be such a bad thing as it keeps the league competitive. Lewicki has been getting rave reviews, a shame we didn't start with him in game :P

Finally caught up with this only taken me 3 days ☺ great stuff mate KIU

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fortunately, Díaz wasn’t injured, but unfortunately, his agent has recognised how good he’s been and wants a new deal. He’s been here less than a year, so it was rejected, though he refused to sack his agent.

You're a hard man Patty. No pay rise, sack your agent for suggesting it! :P

Oh, & 1000 likes! Another milestone!

You're a hard man Patty. No pay rise, sack your agent for suggesting it! :P

Oh, & 1000 likes! Another milestone!

Hahaha when he's less than a year into a contract, that's a silly suggestion! :P Though I don't mind he kept him because I have a friendly relationship with that agent apparently, think it's the same agent as the goalie I just signed.

Thanks, another milestone I never expected to reach!

One thing I wanted to ask you is how you keep your interest high by playing in the swedish league since you are absolutely dominating. I mean ok the team is doing great, is very strong is capable for big things in Europe but aren't you feel a little bored winning every team by 4 to 5 goals ? I am asking because I always feel that when I start a save with my hometeam Olympiakos. I build a very strong team but after 4 to 5 seasons I get bored beacuse winning the Greek Superleague is becoming very easy. So I try my luck elsewhere.

One thing I wanted to ask you is how you keep your interest high by playing in the swedish league since you are absolutely dominating. I mean ok the team is doing great, is very strong is capable for big things in Europe but aren't you feel a little bored winning every team by 4 to 5 goals ? I am asking because I always feel that when I start a save with my hometeam Olympiakos. I build a very strong team but after 4 to 5 seasons I get bored beacuse winning the Greek Superleague is becoming very easy. So I try my luck elsewhere.

Yep at times it gets pretty repetitive, which is why I thought about changing to monthly updates to speed things up a bit. It's the Champions League which keeps me interested but there's a fair possibility that if I win the CL then I will consider moving to another team - maybe another Swedish team to try to bring them to the top too.

It would be an interesting dilemma if you did obtain European glory, the question would be do you move on and start a new dynasty or make Malmo the kings of Europe.

It'd be great to move to another Swedish club, but to impose yourself the restriction that you can't take any Malmo players with you until Malmo lists or releases them. That ensures two top sides can exist where there is only one human manager.

Yep at times it gets pretty repetitive, which is why I thought about changing to monthly updates to speed things up a bit. It's the Champions League which keeps me interested but there's a fair possibility that if I win the CL then I will consider moving to another team - maybe another Swedish team to try to bring them to the top too.

That would be a very interesting ideea ;)

It would be an interesting dilemma if you did obtain European glory, the question would be do you move on and start a new dynasty or make Malmo the kings of Europe.

I guess it will depend on what I feel like at the time, and how well set up Malmo are to continue their success

It'd be great to move to another Swedish club, but to impose yourself the restriction that you can't take any Malmo players with you until Malmo lists or releases them. That ensures two top sides can exist where there is only one human manager.

Something like that could be very interesting. One of the best stories last year was stonecold's http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ager-stories/157879-saving-scottish-game.html where he brought a Scottish team to the top, then moved to the next Scottish team, and made it one of the top leagues in the world eventually

That would be a very interesting ideea ;)

Hopefully it would be. Maybe restore AIK or someone to try to challenge Malmo for supremacy. Domestically it would certainly be more interesting than domination with Malmo because there will always be a rival

Back