Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Allsvenskan - Game 29 - Norrköping (Home)

Rotation today against Norrköping. After finishing 5th and 3rd in the last two seasons, they’ve had a shocker, and are 13th with two matches to go. You wouldn’t want to be betting your life savings on them beating us today - unless your name is John Carlov.

Jovic almost opened the scoring 40 seconds in from a corner, but the keeper stuck out a leg to deny him.

It took us a while to fashion another real chance, and it was my (relatively) experienced wingers Forsberg and Molins combining again in the 36th minute, the latter getting on the end of a cross from the former to send the keeper the wrong way and finish comfortably.

Jovic won the ball from the centre back with a sliding tackle 3 seconds after the kickoff and moved into the box, but his vicious shot was tipped over the bar.

Delahaye replaced Jovic in the 62nd minute after an uninspiring performance from the Serbian.

Some great interplay between Delahaye and Neri just 30 seconds after the Belgian’s arrival sent Forsberg through, but he took too long to get a shot off and a defender raced back to deflect it behind.

From the resulting corner the ball fell to Forsberg, but he was denied by the keeper, who didn’t really need to move.

Santos replaced Neri in the 66th.

Blomqvist picked up a knock shortly afterwards, and I opted to replace him with Milosevic in the 69th.

Then Molins did what he does best, and got himself injured too. I was forced to play a man short from the 73rd minute. The AMC disappeared, as Forsberg moved to right wing and Santos to the left.

The rest of the match proceeded without incident. Jovic was disappointing up top, and it showed as we only managed to win 1-0. The defence was solid, but the standout was Neri, who created many an opportunity, though saw the majority wasted by the profligacy of Jovic, amongst others. The main concern is the injuries to Blomqvist and Molins, hopefully both are okay.

POM: Gianluca Neri (8.6, 0G, 0A)

Be interesting to see how much longer you can hold onto some of your key players for!! Some real talent and potential you've got in that team

Be interesting to see how much longer you can hold onto some of your key players for!! Some real talent and potential you've got in that team

Yeah so far it hasn't been an issue at all which has been a real surprise. I'm still wary that one day the floodgates will open though, but I have good relationships with my players by now so that certainly helps

beating 100 goals is some achievement! Always makes me laugh when you try get them to sack there agent haha!

Allsvenskan - Game 30 - Örebrö SK (Away)

Last league match of the season against Örebrö SK today. Hopefully the first choice team can round off a good year with another win in preparation for our trip to Utrecht mid week.

KBH opened the scoring in the 4th minute after a partially cleared corner was headed down to him by Crisetig.

The Korean teed up Petkovic in the 12th minute, but the winger’s shot was held at full stretch by Jansson.

In the 13th Thauvin played Santos in, but he was also denied brilliantly by Jansson.

Romagnoli’s 26th minute corner was flicked on by the head of Helander, and Milosevic was at the back post to smash it straight into the defender standing on the line.

Santos went down in the 33rd minute and had to be replaced by Gustafson. It seems the AMC spot is cursed right now.

In the 40th minute another corner was only cleared as far as KBH just outside the box. The striker had a crack, which rebounded off a defender and Crisetig displayed fantastic reflexes to volley it into the net.

In the 54th KBH once again collected a cleared corner, and lobbed it back to Romagnoli, the taker. Romagnoli volleyed a cross into the box, and found Thauvin a couple of yards out, but Jansson dived and got himself between the ball and the goal - an unbelievable save!

Molins replaced Petkovic in the 57th minute.

In the 61st minute Milosevic passed back to KSG, who ran almost to the halfway line before launching the ball over the top to Thauvin, who with just the keeper to beat, missed the top right corner.

Biro-Biro replaced Díaz in the 65th, giving Crisetig a chance to play the more creative midfield role.

In the 68th minute KSG made an excellent low stop at his near post after a low cross had run almost along the baseline before being picked up and a shot taken.

In the 70th minute Thauvin’s great pass found KBH, whose shot was too hot for Jansson to handle, and the Korean picked up his second.

A couple of brilliant tackles in the 80th minute stopped Örebrö getting on the board from a corner which stayed in the danger area for a while.

We won a corner up the other end, and KBH collected the clearance and sent it back to Romagnoli, who put in a near post cross, which was glanced into the net by Helander.

In the 87th minute they countered and Kamara had space to shoot. I didn’t even see the ball, but fortunately it missed the target.

From the goal kick we went upfield, and KBH raced around the defenders before testing Jansson again - this time, the keeper was up to the task.

A long cross from Romagnoli in the 91st was met by a searing Molins volley, but it skimmed the bar on it’s way over.

The defenders, and defensive midfielder Crisetig, were the stars today, alongside KBH, who picked up two more goals. Credit to Jansson though, restricting us to 4 goals from 20 shots on target is an impressive effort. Now to the critically important return fixture against Utrecht. I have to pray that Santos is not injured.

POM: Filip Helander (9.2, 1G, 1A)

Yeah so far it hasn't been an issue at all which has been a real surprise. I'm still wary that one day the floodgates will open though, but I have good relationships with my players by now so that certainly helps

As long as you do well in ECL your star players would be positive to stay but in the end of the day no player is irreplaceable , with the right price tag of course !

As long as you do well in ECL your star players would be positive to stay but in the end of the day no player is irreplaceable , with the right price tag of course !

Yeah fingers crossed they remain content to stay here, but of course, if I can get a ridiculous fee then there's every chance I will sell them on

Allsvenskan - Game 29 - Norrköping (Home)
Rotation today against Norrköping. After finishing 5th and 3rd in the last two seasons, they’ve had a shocker, and are 13th with two matches to go. You wouldn’t want to be betting your life savings on them beating us today - unless your name is John Carlov.

Laughed so hard at this :D. That John Carlov infiltrates every topic :P

Injury News...

View attachment 245160

Delahaye picks up an injury against Utrecht U/19’s

View attachment 245159

Guess who else does? This poor bloke has had 4 injuries in two months, the new Molins perhaps? This time he’s out for two months. Looking on the bright side, at least he won’t pick up another injury in the next two months :D

Champions League Group Stage - Game 4 - FC Utrecht (Away)

Strong lineup today, as we travel to Utrecht in search of a vital 3 points. A loss today could spell the end of our Champions League hopes for this season. I’m desperate to prove the home loss to the Dutch outfit was just a bad day at the office.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when we failed to take the lead in the 12th minute. A one-two overlap down the left from Romagnoli and Thauvin was followed by a cross from the former, which found KBH in the 6 yard box. His shot was blocked by a man who was right on top of him, but the rebound fell to Thauvin, who beat the keeper, but hit the knee of another defender right on the line, who hadn’t moved.

From the corner, Helander’s header skimmed the bar.

In the 17th KBH played Santos through, but an amazing last ditch slide tackle diverted his shot behind.

From the corner, the ball came back out to Romagnoli, whose far post cross found Petkovic for the volley - saved! By a full length dive from keeper Ruiter.

Petkovic atoned for his miss two minutes later when he was too quick for Albertazzi, and earned a penalty when he was tripped. Thauvin buried the spot kick to put us in front!

In the 24th minute KBH was tackled near the edge of the ball, but Santos picked it up without breaking stride and raced into the box, before being denied by Ruiter.

In the 35th minute Romagnoli’s corner found the head of Helander, who smashed it into the upright! The rebound though fell to Crisetig, who doubled our lead!

In the 37th minute KBH skipped around his man and into the box, before he too was felled - another penalty! Thauvin again - two from two!

In the 45th Santos made it four! Díaz’s shot from Petkovic’s cut back hit a defender, but fell to the Brazilian, who half volleyed it beyond the despairing dive of Ruiter.

In the 49th minute Utrecht pulled a goal back - or not. Boymans was comfortably offside.

In the 58th minute KBH got on the scoreboard in style, crashing an effort from outside the box in off the bar, his clever run having been picked out by a brilliant long range pass from Romagnoli.

And the left back continued to terrorise the Utrecht defence, picking up another assist when his cross found Petkovic for a tight angle volley at the back post in the 63rd.

KBH almost made it 7 in the 69th when he got on the end of Linnes’ cross, but Ruiter did superbly to keep it out.

He should have scored when Thauvin put him through in the 77th, but another flying save prevented him from adding to the scoreboard.

Bengtsson and Forsberg replaced Romagnoli and Santos in the 78th.

KSG dropped a header from an 84th minute corner, but was luckily bailed out by his defence.

Revenge is so sweet! In the pre-match, the Utrecht manager was keen to stress how his side were a better team with a better manager, but I think that theory was thoroughly disproved today. We were outstanding, and throttled the Dutch side mercilessly, and I suspect that hammering will take some recovering from! Delighted that I’ve been proven correct in thinking that the first match against them was an anomaly, and we really are a much superior side. Bring on Benfica!

POM: Florian Thauvin (9.4, 2G, 0A)

Excellent victory.

That group table looks quite tight. Do you play Benfica next, or Man Utd?

Excellent victory.

That group table looks quite tight. Do you play Benfica next, or Man Utd?

Thanks! Benfica are up next, if we win there then it's likely the Man U match will be a shootout for first place.

Back