Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Champions League Quarter Final - Second Leg - Chelsea (Away)

Chelsea appear to be shutting up shop today, with a much more defensive formation. Not like Mourinho at all! We need to score 3 goals at least to have a chance of going through.

Things got off to the perfect start when Hazard scoring 64 seconds into the game from about two metres out. Any chance we had just jumped off a cliff.

Jovic levelled the score in the 7th minute though, rifling first time into the roof of the net from KBH’s lovely pass. Courtois had no chance.

In the 21st minute Quintero’s free kick was cleared back to him, and his subsequent raking pass found Santos, who shot from a very tight angle, and was denied by Courtois.

In the 27th minute Romagnoli played a very hopeful long ball up the right. Smalling did not read Filipe Luis’ back-header at all, and Jovic raced onto the loose ball. With oceans of space, and just Courtois to beat, the Serbian doubled his personal tally with a composed finish, putting us right back in the tie!

He was carrying us - his rating of 8.6 dwarfed the next best rating of 6.8 at that point!

Tinnerholm replaced Bengtsson in the 64th, allowing Romagnoli to switch to his preferred left back role.

In the 71st minute we countered, and Romagnoli put in a perfect cross for Quintero to volley - saved!

Kardum came on for the Colombian less than a minute later, and Tielemans made his debut in place of Díaz at the same time.

Unfortunately, as I was writing the above, I forgot to pause the match, and it went through to full time without me noticing. I would have gone overload.

Anyway, we won the battle, but lost the war. Silly me for giving up that third goal in the first leg, should have known this would happen! I was delighted with the performance of Jovic, who has made an irrefutable case to be my number one striker again. Biro-Biro was a rock at the back too. A shame we couldn’t win, but I’m not devastated. It keeps the challenge alive for at least another year :P

POM: Luka Jovic (8.8, 2G, 0A)

Nice effort there mate ! In my save with West Ham Jovic is my number one scorer with 30 goals and his is not considered as a starter !

Nice effort there mate ! In my save with West Ham Jovic is my number one scorer with 30 goals and his is not considered as a starter !

Yeah Jovic is interesting, he's rated as slightly better than KBH by my coaches, and is definitely better rounded, and top scored for me last season. But he went missing in the big games, whereas KBH loves them, according to his report, as well as his performances last season. This season Jovic has stepped up though, and has forced himself back into the first team.

Just sold Jovic to AC Milan it broke my heart but he wanted to go

Yeah Jovic is interesting, he's rated as slightly better than KBH by my coaches, and is definitely better rounded, and top scored for me last season. But he went missing in the big games, whereas KBH loves them, according to his report, as well as his performances last season. This season Jovic has stepped up though, and has forced himself back into the first team.

You have to give him time. It took me three years to get the best of him. Imagine that in the previus year he scored just 8 goals for me. He got injured in the beginning for two months and did not find his pace until the end of the season

You have to give him time. It took me three years to get the best of him. Imagine that in the previus year he scored just 8 goals for me. He got injured in the beginning for two months and did not find his pace until the end of the season

He's been banging them in domestically for me, and has done very well at the start of this season too. Hopefully he'll continue to perform well!

Got 4.2M plus a few add ons totalling up to 6M and a friendly haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a really good deal assuming your league coefficients haven't jumped enough for the value boost

Hello Mate, Been away for 2 weeks and just caught up! Great results against Bayern and Unlucky against Chelsea! The Ref had a shocker and wants beaten with a ****** stick for that! The Madagascan Italian regent looks decent too! Will you be keeping an eye out? How did you manage to come across him? Well played on the consecutive wins record too!!

Hello Mate, Been away for 2 weeks and just caught up! Great results against Bayern and Unlucky against Chelsea! The Ref had a shocker and wants beaten with a ****** stick for that! The Madagascan Italian regent looks decent too! Will you be keeping an eye out? How did you manage to come across him? Well played on the consecutive wins record too!!

Mate! I was wondering where you'd disappeared to!!

Yeah that ref was a pain, but tbh I'm glad we got knocked out, would be too easy to win it this early, at least this way it's still an ongoing challenge :)

As for the Madagascan, I believe that I was notified on deadline day that a whole lot of teams I was subscribed to had made offers for him, and I clicked him, didn't recognise the club, and that was that. I might keep an eye on him, could be a cheap option in the future, although with Mohlin's form this season, Castellano is going to have to turn into a monster to displace him. He's playing at a level far beyond his attributes imo

Mate! I was wondering where you'd disappeared to!!

Yeah that ref was a pain, but tbh I'm glad we got knocked out, would be too easy to win it this early, at least this way it's still an ongoing challenge :)

As for the Madagascan, I believe that I was notified on deadline day that a whole lot of teams I was subscribed to had made offers for him, and I clicked him, didn't recognise the club, and that was that. I might keep an eye on him, could be a cheap option in the future, although with Mohlin's form this season, Castellano is going to have to turn into a monster to displace him. He's playing at a level far beyond his attributes imo

Yeah, Fair point, Still some achievement after 4 seasons though! Should hopefully help boost your coefficients! How are the rest of the Swede teams doing in European competitions?

96 teams after 1 player must be the most ive ever seen! Even if you got him as a backup coming from Madagascan league to the Swedish league his value will sky rocket!

Still thoroughly this too mate, KIU!

Yeah, Fair point, Still some achievement after 4 seasons though! Should hopefully help boost your coefficients! How are the rest of the Swede teams doing in European competitions?

96 teams after 1 player must be the most ive ever seen! Even if you got him as a backup coming from Madagascan league to the Swedish league his value will sky rocket!

Still thoroughly this too mate, KIU!

Yeah we've done well in the CL: R16, R16, QF so far. Progress is being made! Unfortunately no one else has made a group stage yet, but I'm hopeful that will change in this years qualifiers. Would be nice to see IFK Goteborg, Hacken or Elfsborg make it to the EL Groups. I'm also hopeful that this years coefficient changes will be enough to bump us up and make qualification easier for the other teams, as well as the value increase that I'm so keen for.

Yeah don't think I've ever seen that many before either! An in-demand young fellow if there ever was one. Yeah he'd be good value for sure, I just don't think he'd get any games ahead of the two I currently have, and therefore I'm happy to focus on their development.

Thanks mate, appreciate your support!

Back