Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Swedish Cup Semi Final - Helsingborg

Rotation again for the Swedish Cup Semi Final. Tielemans, though not match fit, gets his first start for us, against arch rivals Helsingborg. Baptism of fire, especially in a cup semi final!

Kardum fired the first shot in anger in the 7th, but a full stretch dive from the Helsingborg keeper was enough to keep it out.

Delahaye was the one to put us in front in the 22nd minute, with a close range header into the top corner following a brilliant run and perfect cross from Petkovic.

In the 36th minute it really should have been two, Kardum playing the ball through perfectly for Petkovic, who was denied by the keeper at close range. The ball was still alive, and Petkovic regathered and squared for Delahaye, who shot, but the keeper recovered in time to swat it aside as well!

In the first minute of stoppage time, Tielemans picked up his first assist for us, on Gustafson’s first of the season - another header, from a well-directed corner.

In the 52nd minute Petkovic kept his composure when one on one, rifling flat and hard across the keeper, having been played through by Delahaye.

Thauvin and Tielemans were replaced by Forsberg and Neri in the 66th minute.

And Forsberg picked up our fourth just seconds after taking the field, wrong-footing the keeper and tapping home the rebound after Bengtsson’s free kick was parried.

In the 77th Forsberg had his second! Tinnerholm’s long ball up the right was well kept in and crossed by Neri. It was headed clear, but only as far as Kardum, who controlled and drew two defenders, before squaring for Forsberg, who blasted past the out-of-position keeper.

Blomqvist replaced Milosevic seconds later.

In the 81st Delahaye also picked up a second, turning and firing inside the near post from Kardum’s searching pass.

We still weren’t done though, with Petkovic joining his team-mates on two goals in the 87th minute. Neri’s rocket was saved by the flying Hansson, but Petkovic was too quick for his defender, and fired past the helpless keeper.

We were brilliant today, as we utterly dominated poor Helsingborg. We advance to yet another Swedish Cup final, where we will once again face IFK Göteborg. Third time in as many years, maybe it will be third time lucky for them! My personal vote for POM would have gone to the lively Petkovic, but Delahaye was nonetheless deserving.

POM: Dorian Delahaye (9.5, 2G, 1A)

ba282dbdc7b9fa0abb860a681c8c8a1d.jpg

Have managed to qualify for the knockout stage of the Champions League and knock out Bayern in the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate been drawn against Marseille in the knockout round so hopefully I can beat them and get further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a good chance there, I haven't had a draw that kind yet! Who are your key players?

Allsvenskan - Game 5 - Ljungskile (Away)

Ljungskile are our opponents today, and it’s worth remembering that despite having lost all 5 league games this season, they were the last team to beat us in a league match - or any domestic fixture for that matter.

Milosevic got us off to a flyer in the 4th minute, displaying great commitment to slide between two defenders to get a piece of Quintero’s free kick, and redirect it into the net.

It should have been two in the 9th minute as KBH fired Jovic’s through ball straight at the keeper, and Santos did likewise with the rebound.

Quintero’s slide rule pass for Jovic in the 11th was perhaps slightly overdone, and Jovic couldn’t beat the keeper from a tight angle.

Quintero and Díaz both had chances in the 16th but couldn’t capitalise.

Jovic turned two defenders brilliantly in the 20th, but failed to beat the Ljungskile keeper.

It took another Quintero free kick for us to get our second, KBH rising highest to head home in the 35th minute.

Barely two minutes later some appalling defence from Linnes allowed their striker plenty of space alone in front of Mohlin, but he couldn’t beat the man between the sticks.

Quintero’s free kicks were proving a real weapon, and in the 40th minute he once again found a Malmö player, though Crisetig’s vicious volley rebounded off the post.

In the 41st minute Santos was hacked down in the box, and a penalty was awarded. Jovic picked up his 50th goal for Malmö, from the spot.

KBH’s brilliant run in the 44th took him to the edge of the box and he let fly, but was denied by a full stretch dive from the Ljungskile custodian.

In the 64th minute Linnes picked up an injury and was forced off. Bengtsson took the field in his stead, with Romagnoli moving over to right back.

In the 68th minute the Ljungskile keeper was helpless as Quintero looped a perfect shot into the top left corner.

Crisetig and Quintero were replaced by Gustafson and Kardum in the 77th.

In the 83rd some slick passing from Romagnoli, to Santos, to Kardum was followed by a first time shot from Jovic into the bottom right corner.

In the 89th minute a reckless tackle from a Ljungskile man saw him earn his second yellow, but more importantly, Santos went down injured, so it was 10 against 10.

Utter domination, unsurprisingly, but the concern is Linnes’ and Santos’ injuries. Hopefully they don’t prove to be serious.

POM: Luka Jovic (9.2, 2G, 0A)

Have managed to qualify for the knockout stage of the Champions League and knock out Bayern in the process

Well done man, huge huge achievement.

I am still struggling with Sporting in the Champions League! Hopefully 3rd time is the charm and I can pull of something like this.

Just came here to say "FANTASTIC SAVE!"

I've been playing this for many many years and this is one of the best written and most enjoyable saves I've came across. Cheers from Portugal

Just came here to say "FANTASTIC SAVE!"

I've been playing this for many many years and this is one of the best written and most enjoyable saves I've came across. Cheers from Portugal

Thank you very much for the kind words! Very much appreciated :)

Apologies for the delay, but I've been very busy and loaded the game for the first time in two weeks last night and finally have some new updates to post! :)

Allsvenskan - Game 6 - Örebro SK (Away)

Not expecting Örebro SK to cause our rotated side too many problems today, but with a player called Juan Carlos in their lineup, anything is possible!

Thauvin’s one-two with Kardum in the 18th minute was followed by a cracking shot from the French winger but it was well saved.

Forsberg hit the post in the 24th minute when it was easier to score.

Some lovely play between Tielemans, Kardum and Forsberg in the 32nd released Delahaye for a vicious shot, which was acrobatically tipped over the bar.

Delahaye mis-controlled Forsberg’s perfect cross in the 38th, his first touch abandoning him, and ended up shooting from an awful angle, the keeper denying him easily.

In the 69th minute we inexplicably failed to score as Delahaye’s shot was saved, as was Thauvin’s first followup. The second followup was blocked by a defender for a corner.

For some silly reason I didn’t have a striker on the bench, and so Petkovic came on for Delahaye up top seconds later. Molins replaced Thauvin and switched sides with Forsberg, and Romganoli came on for Bengtsson at the same time.

Tielemans picked up a knock in the 74th, and I opted to play a man short, Kardum dropping back to central midfield.

Forsberg blasted over in the 82nd having been released by Molins. I went overload seconds later.

Finally we got on the board in the 86th minute through Molins, whose composed finish across the keeper from Petkovic’s gorgeous killer pass capped a swift counterattack.

We saw out the match comfortably from there.

It took much longer than I would have liked but we did get the win today, despite going down to ten men. We were poor in front of goal though, and Molins showed he still has a role to play, bailing us out today, something he used to do regularly. The opposition keeper picked up the POM award - well deserved, after an excellent performance.

POM: Oscar Jansson (Örebro SK - 8.7, 15 saves, 1 conceded)

Best Malmö Player: Guillermo Molins (8.0, 1G, 0A)

A competitive league game I hope you gave your players the hairdryer treatment good to see this back though

A competitive league game I hope you gave your players the hairdryer treatment good to see this back though

Thanks man! And yeah I wasn't too impressed and told them so. My assistant told me to congratulate them. If I could, I would have told him what to do with himself

To be fair, the Orebro keeper had an amazing game

Back