Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
bad luck with the Tielemans injury!

good to see you going on with Malmo!

how's Zlatan Ibrahimovich on your save now?

and plans to get any club legends to join your backroom staff?

KIU

bad luck with the Tielemans injury!

good to see you going on with Malmo!

how's Zlatan Ibrahimovich on your save now?

and plans to get any club legends to join your backroom staff?

KIU

I know, would be nice if he could stay fit!

Ibra is still looking pretty boss, don't think he'll be leaving Paris soon

I'd like to, there are a couple already here. Not planning on getting Roy Hodgson though :P

Pleased to see this back up and running to matey!! Not having much luck with Tielemans!

Yeah it's a bit worrying, he won't break into the first team if he can't stay fit, and he's a very expensive squad player in that case. Hopefully he'll come good soon

I know, would be nice if he could stay fit!

Ibra is still looking pretty boss, don't think he'll be leaving Paris soon

I'd like to, there are a couple already here. Not planning on getting Roy Hodgson though :P

#BringBackZlatan!!!
he started his career at Malmo right? I remember he played for them like 15 years ago!

Allsvenskan - Game 7 - Helsingborg (Home)

Helsingborg again, but this time in the league. Linnes and Santos are missing from the first choice selection. Biro-Biro slots in at left back with Romagnoli moving to the right, and Petkovic starts on the right wing.

It took us 32 seconds to get on the board through KBH, his first time strike after Jovic was tackled too good for the keeper.

In the 4th minute some intricate passing freed Quintero in the box, but he hit the post.

Jovic was chopped down in the 25th minute and a penalty was awarded. He buried it.

Petkovic was denied by a near post save in the 44th.

In the 51st minute Jovic hit the bar from Petkovic’s cross.

Díaz played Petkovic through in the 59th but a desperate sliding tackle deflected his shot behind.

In the 68th minute Milosevic was harshly given a second yellow card, and we were a man down.

Tinnerholm replaced Quintero and moved to right back. Romagnoli went to left back and Biro-Biro to centre.

Jovic forced a good save in the 74th from KBH’s cross, and Petkovic’s followup was blocked by a determined defender.

Kardum replaced Petkovic shortly afterwards.

Blomqvist replaced Biro-Biro in the 84th.

In the 89th minute Kardum’s free kick was headed onto the bar by Jovic.

Straightforward win in the end, but once again we really should have scored more goals. The shot count of 39-2 says it all. The woodwork was not our friend today. Good ratings across the board, though Milosevic’s red card is a nuisance.

POM: Kim Byung-Hyun (8.1, 1G, 0A)

Allsvenskan - Game 8 - Ängelholm (Home)

Even with a rotated lineup I will be very surprised if Ängelholm cause us any real difficulties. Castellano makes his first league appearance for us in goals.

In the 2nd minute Bengtsson slammed a free kick into the wall. It came straight back to him, so he looped a cross to the back post, where Gustafson leaped high above his man to head home his second of the season.

Molins doubled our lead in the 21st minute. Thauvin skipped down the left before cutting the ball inside for Neri, who teed up Kardum for a powerful shot. The keeper kept it out at full stretch, but was helpless to prevent Molins from converting the rebound.

Two minutes later Thauvin finally picked up his first goal of the season! Neri surged through the midfield and unselfishly set up Molins, whose effort really should have been held by the keeper. It wasn’t though, and it took a touch off a defender before falling to Thauvin, who made no mistake.

In the 27th minute Gustafson had his second with a sensational volley. A Bengtsson free kick was cleared, but Kardum chipped it back in, and Gustafson hit a swivelling volley to put us four up!

Two minutes later it was 5! Molins hit one of the most vicious shots I’ve ever seen from just outside the area. It cannoned back off the join of the right post and the crossbar, and flew toward the penalty spot, where Delahaye met it with a volley and found the back of the net.

In the 38th minute Kardum’s great ball found Molins, who skipped inside his man and was tripped. Penalty! Gustafson with the chance to seal his hat trick from the spot - top right corner! I’ve got to say, I was not expecting a hat trick inside of 40 minutes from my defensive centre midfielder!

In the 49th minute Joakim Kardum, who had two assists already, decided to join the goalscoring party, picking out the top right corner from outside the box.

Three minutes later Thauvin scored his second, firing clinically across the keeper after Kardum set him up perfectly.

In the 70th minute Delahaye should have had his second as well, having been played in by Thauvin, but his powerful effort was very well saved.

In the 81st minute, Delahaye’s audacious lob bounced on the crossbar and went out for a goal kick.

Seconds later, Molins, Biro-Biro and hat trick hero Gustafson departed, replaced by Forsberg, Romagnoli and Thern respectively.

Poor Ängelholm were unfortunate to come up against a rampant Malmö FF today. And these are my backups! A special day for Gustafson, who not only wore the captain’s armband, but scored a brilliant hat trick from a defensive central midfield role! Everyone was brilliant though. We had a mammoth 41 shots, whilst our opponents managed just one - and it was off target!

POM: Simon Gustafson (9.6, 3G, 0A)

I have pretty broad objectives for this save, as I am still not really sure what to expect. I am hoping to turn Malmö into a genuine Champion’s League challenging team, if not win the tournament, and to improve the quality of the Swedish Premier Division. I hope to promote youth from within my academy and have them play a major part in my team’s progress. As far as taking other jobs that I may be offered goes, I am unlikely to leave Malmö unless I think that I’ve taken them as far as I can, it is no longer much of a challenge, or another challenge comes along that I’d like to take. That’s assuming I am successful and don’t get sacked early on in my tenure - a possibility, given my lack of any real lower league experience. The smallest team I’ve tried before was Wolves in FM14, and they made light work of the English League One, being a class above the other teams, so this should be much more challenging. Hopefully my learning curve isn’t too steep!

Malmö FF are one of the most successful teams in Swedish history:

Here are the budgets, and as you can see I have received some early support from the board with youth and training facilities being upgraded - I am hoping to get a parent club so I can loan players for free, fingers crossed for Liverpool, but it’s a long shot :P

Nice start mate, looking forward to this!
o.png

Another big 8 - 0 win there! Don't know if you seen but Thauvin signed for NUFC last week and made his debut against Man UTD! Hopefully he can be as good for us as he has been for you on here!

Another big 8 - 0 win there! Don't know if you seen but Thauvin signed for NUFC last week and made his debut against Man UTD! Hopefully he can be as good for us as he has been for you on here!

Yep I did know that, was centimetres from scoring the winner as well! I really hope he's a success for you, I've grown to quite like him!

Allsvenskan - Game 9 - Elfsborg (Home)

Elfsborg inexplicably find themselves in 15th place in the Allsvenskan. Unfortunately, it’s not likely to get much better for them today, as my first choice lineup, barring injuries, takes the field.

In the 5th minute Romagnoli’s excellent cross found Jovic, but his low shot was well saved at the near post.

In the 11th minute the Serbian’s glancing header from KBH’s cross was too good, sneaking inside the near post and into the top corner.

The Elfsborg keeper did brilliantly to keep it at 1-0 just two minutes later, grabbing Crisetig’s cracking volley from a corner out of the air.

A lovely flowing move in the 32nd minute went from Quintero to Díaz, who threaded a pass for Jovic, the Serbian lashing his shot narrowly past the top left corner.

In the 37th minute Quintero took a free kick quickly, and Díaz turned quickly. With space opening up before him he drove into the box and picked out the bottom right corner with ease. His first of the season!

The Elfsborg keeper made a ridiculous save to prevent Petkovic from adding his name to the scoresheet in the 43rd, and his defenders helped him out by blocking KBH’s effort from the rebound.

Jovic had his second in the 53rd minute, slamming home the rebound from Petkovic’s saved effort.

In the 61st minute Helander committed an unnecessary foul in the bottom corner of our box. The player wasn’t even facing the goal. Larsen made no mistake from the spot.

We almost restored the three goal cushion the next minute, as Jovic broke towards goal on the counter, but his shot was well saved.

Delahaye and Kardum replaced KBH and Quintero in the 71st minute.

In the 79th minute Helander drilled a lovely header beyond the keeper from Delahaye’s free kick to make some sort of amends for the penalty. It was his first goal of the season too, and what a way to mark his 100th league appearance for his boyhood club, of which he is captain.

In the 81st minute Kardum was hacked down by a man on a yellow card, and he was given his marching orders.

Gustafson came on in place of Crisetig 30 seconds later.

A pretty standard win then, with the silly penalty ruining our clean sheet. Jovic continued his fantastic form by netting another brace, whilst all three of my attacking midfielders contributed an assist - four of five if you include Delahaye.

POM: Luka Jovic (9.0, 2G, 0A)

Luka Jovic is a ****** machine. Try keeping him for 1 or 2 more seasons and train him as a complete forward. He scores loads! Also, he usually is injury prone, so try to keep him well rested.

Luka Jovic is a ****** machine. Try keeping him for 1 or 2 more seasons and train him as a complete forward. He scores loads! Also, he usually is injury prone, so try to keep him well rested.

That's true, he's been killing it for me! I don't use a complete forward in my tactic, but he's pretty awesome as a poacher. Hasn't been too bad with injuries so far which is good.

That's true, he's been killing it for me! I don't use a complete forward in my tactic, but he's pretty awesome as a poacher. Hasn't been too bad with injuries so far which is good.

I use a false 9, but I train all my forwards to be complete forwards. It gives them the skills to score like crazy and create a lot of assists. Try it under his training if you want.

I use a false 9, but I train all my forwards to be complete forwards. It gives them the skills to score like crazy and create a lot of assists. Try it under his training if you want.

Yep I already do that for all my strikers. Roaming Playmaker for most mids as well, they cover the most attributes. Unless I need something more specific

2-0 against Celtic!
Will be an exciting thursday, hoping we can avoid the big boys in the UCL draw

Back