Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K

Well this sucks! Liverpool looked set to go through to the CL final after giving Chelsea a hiding in the first leg, 5-2. But not only do Chelsea look set to edge the Reds to the Premier League title, but they’ve also ended their Champions League campaign with a comprehensive win, in spite of a red card.

Forsberg wants first team football again, but fortunately, relishes the challenge I’ve put before him. It’s really a shootout between him and Molins for the backup right wing slot whilst Santos is injured, so with Molins scoring in his last two appearances, Forsberg is below him in the pecking order, despite being marginally higher rated by my coaches.

Forsberg wants first team football again, but fortunately, relishes the challenge I’ve put before him. It’s really a shootout between him and Molins for the backup right wing slot whilst Santos is injured, so with Molins scoring in his last two appearances, Forsberg is below him in the pecking order, despite being marginally higher rated by my coaches.
How do you keep all your players so happy, witchcraft? If I do anything but agree to give them football they always try and leave and try to cause a squad revolt

[/CENTER]
How do you keep all your players so happy, witchcraft? If I do anything but agree to give them football they always try and leave and try to cause a squad revolt

I'm not even sure. I suspect it's a combination of good personalities of the players, the fact I had plenty of early success so they all love me, and the fact I rotate pretty frequently, which means I don't get many complaints. Other than that I'm not sure

Allsvenskan - Game 9 - Kalmar FF (Away)

Kalmar FF are our hosts today, and we field an entirely unchanged lineup, as the backups will play the Swedish Cup Final on the weekend.

In the 4th minute Romagnoli put a perfect ball straight across the 6 yard area, and KBH tapped it in at the far post.

Two minutes later he had his and the team’s second, with an exquisite volley into the roof of the net from Díaz’s lobbed pass.

In the 22nd minute Crisetig let fly from over 25 yards, nearly shattering the crossbar!

Sadly KBH picked up a knock, and I decided not to risk him further, bringing on Kardum in his stead.

In the 29th minute Quintero was left with the simple task of finding the open net after Jovic’s blocked shot fell kindly for him, and he made no mistake.

In the 31st minute Kardum was fouled as he turned his man inside the area. With KBH off the field and unable to complete his hat trick from the spot, the task fell to regular taker Luka Jovic, who sent the keeper the wrong way and scored.

Former Malmö striker Cibicki had a great chance just a minute later, but was denied by the impregnable Mohlin. Not for a second have I regretted selling KSG - Castellano and particularly Mohlin have been fantastic, and will only get better.

Milosevic laid off Quintero’s 54th minute free kick to Jovic, but an excellent save prevented him from picking up his second.

Petkovic smashed the underside of the bar in the 62nd from Quintero’s beautiful pass.

But a minute later he scored from an almost identical pass from Jovic.

A long ball in the 64th breached our defence, but their striker missed the target.

Forsberg and Thern joined the action in the 67th in place of Petkovic and Díaz.

An 88th minute corner somehow evaded our entire defence and fell to a man in the centre of the 6 yard box, who hit a cracking half volley - and Mohlin nonchalantly plucked it out of the air! Unbelievable save!

Another comprehensive win today, with the only concern being KBH’s injury - a real shame, as he’d started the game on fire! Luka Jovic showed he’s much more than just a goalscorer too.

POM: Luka Jovic (9.3, 1G, 2A)

Mohlin refused to sack his agent after he requested a new contract, and I rejected the suggestion. Fortunately, he is eager to prove that he deserves one, and I have no issue with that!

We’ve won 30 consecutive league games, which is equal to a season, and it’s been exactly a year as well. The target this season is 30 wins out of 30.

There was press speculation about KBH leaving us, as he only had 19 months left on his contract. I decided to offer him a new long term deal to tie him to us for the foreseeable future.

Injury News...
About time! Two and a half months later, Andersson is finally back in training.

Swedish Cup Final - IFK Göteborg (Neutral)

The Swedish Cup Final, for the third consecutive year, is contested between Malmö FF and IFK Göteborg. I have faith in my backup players to get the job done. I had to pick one first choice player in the back four due to injuries, and so captain Helander gets the start.

IFK nearly took a shock lead in the 18th minute though, as a cross was swung in and met by the head of their striker, but a brilliant save from Castellano kept the scores tied.

20 seconds later he was called into action again, and once again was up to the task, parrying the shot behind for a corner.

We had our first real chance in the 25th minute, as Kardum slipped Thauvin through, who teed up Delahaye, but his effort was brilliantly turned aside by the IFK keeper.

Just over a minute later and inch perfect pass from Kardum had Delahaye through with only the keeper to beat, and he did so, but he also beat the far post, the ball rolling wide.

In the 37th minute Delahaye finally made a chance count. Tinnerholm’s low cross found him inside the box, and his volley couldn’t have been better placed, angling up into the top right corner, completely unstoppable. Kardum was once again pulling the strings in that play.

Delahaye once again returned to profligate ways in the 44th minute though, firing straight at the keeper when in plenty of space at the top of the box.

But in first half stoppage time the Belgian striker had his second of the game, beating the keeper to Kardum’s perfect pass and sliding it across him to double our lead.

IFK were determined to make a game of it though, and 35 seconds after half time a speculative cross took a deflection off IFK player Petterson, and despite looking innocuous, somehow slipped through Castellano’s grasp and into the net. The commentators described it as a total fluke, but I doubt IFK were complaining!

In the 61st minute the next instalment of the Delahaye show went to air, as Bengtsson lofted a cross into the box, and the striker buried the header to seal his hat trick! Incidentally, he pushed one goal ahead of IFK’s Gustav Engvall in the Swedish Cup goal scorer charts with this, having come into the match on 6, with Engvall on 8.

Engvall almost levelled that tally up two minutes later, first having a shot blocked, and then 15 seconds later finding himself one on one with Castellano, who pulled out a brilliant save to keep us two goals clear.

Youth team player Henrik Grändås came off the bench in place of Neri in the 68th minute.

Blomqvist picked up a knock shortly afterwards, and was replaced by the returning Andersson in the 74th minute.

I was left stunned in the 78th minute as Delahaye added his fourth of the game with a snapshot that beat the IFK keeper at his near post from a very tight angle. It was Kardum’s second assist of the game too.

But that was nothing next to the shock I received from IFK’s remarkable second goal in the 81st minute. A harmless cross made it’s way to the 6 yard box, and Helander lined it up and belted it - straight into an IFK player, and it rebounded into the net! Ridiculous!

Forsberg replaced Molins in the 90th minute. An impressive display of goalscoring from Delahaye was enough to see us past IFK in a highly entertaining game. Joakim Kardum’s playmaking ability was on full display as well, and I am delighted with the player he is becoming. My favourite player on this save without exception!

POM: Dorian Delahaye (9.7, 4G, 0A)

Allsvenskan - Game 11 - Norrköping (Away)

Back to the league, and back to the regular starters. Forsberg gets a chance to impress on the left wing with KBH not quite fit enough to start.

Forsberg was certainly eager to impress, as in the 2nd minute he blasted over the bar from about 30 yards out!

Jovic thought he had opened the scoring in the 5th minute from Quintero’s pass, but the offside flag halted his celebrations.

Norrköping were doing a good job of keeping us out, and Jovic embodied our frustration as he missed the target from the edge of the area when in plenty of space in the 28th minute.

Just a minute later he played an excellent pass for Forsberg, who had just the keeper to beat, but was denied by an impressive save. The cynic in me was saying that KBH would have buried that one!

The task of opening the scoring fell to young Drasko Petkovic, and he was up to it, nailing his 36th minute effort beyond the keeper and into the net via the left upright.

Apparently that served as our cue, not to kick on, but to relax, and the Norrköping striker found himself through the defence in the 42nd minute. Fortunately for us, Mohlin hadn’t switched off, and produced a brilliant save to keep us in the lead.

The very next minute we should have been two up, as Quintero’s cross found the head of Jovic, but he was denied by the keeper, and Petkovic couldn’t find space to get another shot off from the rebound.

Jovic once again missed a golden opportunity in the 54th, having been played into copious amounts of space by Quintero, firing straight at the keeper. The rebound fell to Forsberg, who tucked it into an open net, but was correctly ruled offside.

Delahaye replaced Jovic in the 66th minute.

In the 73rd minute Crisetig and Helander made way for Kardum and Andersson, with Kardum and Díaz switching roles.

The match proceeded without further incident.

We really should have won by more, with an uncharacteristically profligate Luka Jovic the main culprit. Mohlin was excellent when called upon in goal, and to be perfectly honest is more than deserving of a new contract.

POM: Alexander Milosevic (8.0, 0G, 0A)

Back