Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

Ha Ha Ha... Let's all watch the thrilling CL which involves the 3 teams that can break even LOOOOL. The vast Majority of clubs in Europe including pretty much All the traditional "Big Boys" aren't even close to breaking even and they won't be for a very very long time. Uefa will either kill it's own brand or realise they are being stupid.

Hey, I'd watch it. It'd be A) an interesting and varied competition for once and B) an effective way of forcing clubs to break even.

Have you even read the Fair play ruling proposals? Clubs who do not break even will be banned from competing in European COMPETITON (Is that better now Joel?) |)
I have, and rather forgot. Still, my point stands. I'd like to see it.

It's good to see that Barry is as underrated here as he was at Villa. Very good player having a good season. Only Joe Hart and Vinnie Kompany has played more games than him this season. Milner has also started to show form and will get much better playing alongside the talent we have at City.
:D I think I love you. No other person could say Barry is underrated with a (presumably) straight face and get away with it.

We battered your sad lot just the other day (as usual) so please... SHhhh! ;)
You beat a team in crisis, who were playing a whole team of academy grads. Impressive.

Last edited:
Lol so your way of dealing with the incoming FFF rules is to delude yourself that they're never going to happen? Niase.

This. No wonder Chelsea cleared up dead wood to save few Millions.

I dont know how many have taken it seriously, but FFF is here to stay and makes football lot more interesting. As much as i hate Platini, this was brilliant move for the game.

This. No wonder Chelsea cleared up dead wood to save few Millions.

I dont know how many have taken it seriously, but FFF is here to stay and makes football lot more interesting. As much as i hate Platini, this was brilliant move for the game.

Surely you mean:

I hate Platini, And this is pathetic attempt by the Scared old men at Uefa to desperately maintain the status quo percieved to be the natural order of things but which will inevitably backfire?

Don't fool yourself into thinking this some noble crusade becuse it absolutely isn't.

Ha Ha Ha... Let's all watch the thrilling CL which involves the 3 teams that can break even LOOOOL. The vast Majority of clubs in Europe including pretty much All the traditional "Big Boys" aren't even close to breaking even and they won't be for a very very long time. Uefa will either kill it's own brand or realise they are being stupid.

UEFA aren't going to ban every club that fails to break even, firstly there is a 45 million Euro's allowance for the first few years, which is then reduced to 30 million Euro's after clubs have had time to adjust their finances. Secondly, UEFA say the harshest sanctions will be reserved for clubs making huge losses, and not even coming close to the leeway amount allowed. So, when City had net losses of £121m, with a massive £133m wage budget alone, probability wise which clubs do you think are going to be most affected by the new rules?
I'm not screaming "OMG CITY ARE SCREWED", I'm aware of the fact they're cutting their operating costs to try and comply with the regulations, so even your own club's actions are disagreeing with your deluded views on the financial fair play rules.

I dont see why it's more fun to see **** teams in CL... or should every team have the same transfer budget, same wage bill... i think this makes the game more fun. If every team would be as rich as mancity, would it be fun? NO. If every team would be as poor as blackpool...would it be fun? NO.

Bpl stays competive regardless of city spending. What if City decides to keep spending and just ingore the european competitions? And keep winning bpl, that wouldn't be fun either.

I dont see why it's more fun to see **** teams in CL... or should every team have the same transfer budget, same wage bill... i think this makes the game more fun. If every team very as rich as mancity, would it be fun? NO. If every team would be as poor as blackpool...would it be fun? NO.

Bpl stays competive regardless of city spending. What if City decides to keep spending and just ingore the european competitions? And keep winning bpl, that wouldn't be fun either.

I think most people would like to see clubs such as Everton and Aston Villa in the Champions League, because they've been smashing at the locked door of the top 4 for years by playing well and with great team spirit rather than being bought out luckily by some really rich person who doesn't know about football and gives £10 million to the manager like a penny dropped in the gutter..

I dont mean to be rude against City fans but its my opinion.

I dont see why it's more fun to see **** teams in CL... or should every team have the same transfer budget, same wage bill... i think this makes the game more fun. If every team would be as rich as mancity, would it be fun? NO. If every team would be as poor as blackpool...would it be fun? NO.

Why would we only see **** teams in the CL; actually, where has this notion that UEFA are just going to wield their ban axe at all the clubs next season? If every club was as poor as Blackpool (Which is unrealistic considering stadium sizes, marketing potential etc.) but then a) Player prices and wages would have to fall considerably. b) They'd be a far better incentive to blood in players from club academies.

Arsenal are the perfect example of a successful team that can turnover large profits and brings through many talented players through their youth system. I for one wouldn't mind to see every club being run like Arsenal, they have a fine business model.

Havent you heard? he has had last minuite change of heart and has decided to sign for Spurs instead. He said the prospect of playing alongside Peter Crouch, Tom Huddlestone, Jermaine Jenas and Wilson Palacios was a dream come true XD

First of all, Tom Huddlestone is excellend and would get into your team ahead of Barry easilsy.

Second of all, we can all be ****** and do that to other teams players, Wayne Bridge, Lescott, Jo and such.

Pathetic, seeing as we have players such as Bale, vdV, Modric, Dawson, King, Thudd who would ALL get into your team.

Heh, lets compare Palacios to De Jong? There is actually nothing to compare....Palacios has some extra pounds that makes him 1 of the slowest and most un-agile defensive midfielders.

De Jong on the other hand is much better in every way.

You obviously haven't seen much of Palacios/ Spurs play then, with you being spanish and a glory hunter an all....wait, can you call a Man City fan a glory hunter when they havent won a trophy for 34 years?

Anyway, to the point, Palacios is a very good Holding mid, but if off form since his brother was murdered, and how you can say that he is slow and one of the most unagile players proves that you havent seen him play as he is fairly quick and agile.

Pathetic.

I think most people would like to see clubs such as Everton and Aston Villa in the Champions League, because they've been smashing at the locked door of the top 4 for years by playing well and with great team spirit rather than being bought out luckily by some really rich person who doesn't know about football and gives £10 million to the manager like a penny dropped in the gutter..

I dont mean to be rude against City fans but its my opinion.

There are not many.. in fact none. with same spending power that city has. So why make it a big thing? I think everyone would like to see Cty now in the CL because they have many good players that are starting to play good football. If you look at Aston Villa and Everton... even teams like Blackpool are in front of them.

But they got avarge teams and they are better than some of this seasons Cl teams.
Who the **** wants a team like Zilina in the CL? I would rather see city or even Blackpool! There was the turkish team too that even Bebe managed to score against! (no offence, if Bebe flops, atleast you did a good thing and gave a homeless boy a home).

Cut those **** teams and give it to teams who can give any team a good game. Like (Aston Villa and Everton). I dont find the FFF rule needed honestly.

But anyways, i am not concerned because i know the Sheikh and City board has a plan. And they will not let us down. When Sheikh came to the club he called this a 10+ year project. And i know he is meant it.

There are not many.. in fact none. with same spending power that city has. So why make it a big thing? I think everyone would like to see Cty now in the CL because they have many good players that are starting to play good football. If you look at Aston Villa and Everton... even teams like Blackpool are in front of them.

Um, yeah? Because we've both got off to very bad starts? That's what a season if for, you know, sorting out teams into an order. if Blackpool finish higher than us then they deserve it, and they're the better team.

But they got avarge teams and they are better than some of this seasons Cl teams.
Who the **** wants a team like Zilina in the CL? I would rather see city or even Blackpool! There was the turkish team too that even Bebe managed to score against! (no offence, if Bebe flops, atleast you did a good thing and gave a homeless boy a home).

I want to see Zilina in the CL, because it's fair that way. How are teams outside of the big European Leagues meant to get better if they can't play in the CL?

But anyways, i am not concerned because i know the Sheikh and City board has a plan. And they will not let us down. When Sheikh came to the club he called this a 10+ year project. And i know he is meant it.

I'm sure. I'm sure you have some insider info that none of us know about.

Cut those **** teams and give it to teams who can give any team a good game. Like (Aston Villa and Everton). I dont find the FFF rule needed honestly.

Narrow minded much.

I think very few people want to see Citeh in the Champions league as you've approached it in the entirely wrong way, you've practically abandoned your excellent youth academy and gone gun hoah to go and buy your way to glory, which is why people want to see teams like Villa and Everton in the CL as they are going at it the right way.

So you dont want any teams from Turkey and such in the CL?

They have as much right to be there as anyone else, theyve gone through qualifying rounds to get there so cant be that bad.

Them being able to qualify allows them to improve with CL revenue and get better, therefore strengthening their team and league, but you dont want that do you.

Take of your blue specs please.

You just don't get it, do you? Why shouldn't Zilina be in there, they qualified. Sure, they're not going to break any boundaries, but what do you propose happens to these "average" clubs. Having plenty of money, and the big players does not give you the God given right to compete, it also does not mean you're the most entertaining. I for one would far rather watch Blackpool play than a Man City home game.

It's fine to defend your team against criticism, but can you not do it in a dignified manner? You just make yourself and your club seem snobby, looking down on those poorer clubs like they deserve nothing. It's quite insulting.

This thread is half a mile off-topic, but Joel and CJ are bang on, you really are.

Narrow minded much.

I think very few people want to see Citeh in the Champions league as you've approached it in the entirely wrong way, you've practically abandoned your excellent youth academy and gone gun hoah to go and buy your way to glory, which is why people want to see teams like Villa and Everton in the CL as they are going at it the right way.

So you dont want any teams from Turkey and such in the CL?

They have as much right to be there as anyone else, theyve gone through qualifying rounds to get there so cant be that bad.

Them being able to qualify allows them to improve with CL revenue and get better, therefore strengthening their team and league, but you dont want that do you.

Take of your blue specs please.

i follow city's EDS via their website and i can gaurantee that they havent given up on their youth academy

and who lays down the rules of the "right" and "wrong" ways to qualify for the CL? if you qualify, you qualify and thats that - you deserve it, no matter how you got there.

Surely you mean:

I hate Platini, And this is pathetic attempt by the Scared old men at Uefa to desperately maintain the status quo percieved to be the natural order of things but which will inevitably backfire?

Don't fool yourself into thinking this some noble crusade becuse it absolutely isn't.

You think Platini is wetting his pants thinking about City? He is doing good for the game. We have seen what happened to Leeds, Pompey when they spent out of their means. City are not the only club he will be thinking about. And you are deluded if you think your rich owner will spend endless money without wanting any returns. Roman came with a bang, spent huge money and now he has calmed now. Same will happen with you lot. And the way you are saying Juve are spent force shows how ignorant are you.

Yes i know you have supported City all your life, still you are deluded if you think Juve are spent force and Dzeko wont consider them

Ok, if everyone is against City and doesn't want them to play in CL, Only because they spend much.... then im wasting my time here. There is no point arguing...

I dont have inside info... i dont know what they do inside the club. But i know they are business men that knows how to deal with things like that. I wont argue anymore.

Below average team is the one which one jack **** for 35 years. Not even mickey mouse cup.

i follow city's EDS via their website and i can gaurantee that they havent given up on their youth academy

and who lays down the rules of the "right" and "wrong" ways to qualify for the CL? if you qualify, you qualify and thats that - you deserve it, no matter how you got there.

Madridsta was implying that people would rather see City and other rich clubs play than the poorer ones from other countries. He didn't mention the correct ways to qualify, just insulted poorer clubs saying they don't deserve a chance.

Yes, of course they still have it, but a few years ago, you were blooding through your youth, with players such as Michael Johnson, Stephen Ireland, but can you really see your team playing youth and such when youve spent so much money on players.

And for Part 2, only a City fan would say that, honestly, so you'd rather see a team buy there success, than work really hard, grafting to get into CL football.

*Sigh*

You think Platini is wetting his pants thinking about City? He is doing good for the game. We have seen what happened to Leeds, Pompey when they spent out of their means. City are not the only club he will be thinking about. And you are deluded if you think your rich owner will spend endless money without wanting any returns. Roman came with a bang, spent huge money and now he has calmed now. Same will happen with you lot. And the way you are saying Juve are spent force shows how ignorant are you.

Yes i know you have supported City all your life, still you are deluded if you think Juve are spent force and Dzeko wont consider them

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9336604.stm

bbc are as good a source as any - if its not confirmed theyll put it on the gossip page, not as a proper news report.

Madridsta was implying that people would rather see City and other rich clubs play than the poorer ones from other countries. He didn't mention the correct ways to qualify, just insulted poorer clubs saying they don't deserve a chance.

i dont agree with how he said that either, i think its best to have a mixture, if theres poorer clubs theres always chances of upsets too, which are always good talking points

Yes, of course they still have it, but a few years ago, you were blooding through your youth, with players such as Michael Johnson, Stephen Ireland, but can you really see your team playing youth and such when youve spent so much money on players.

And for Part 2, only a City fan would say that, honestly, so you'd rather see a team buy there success, than work really hard, grafting to get into CL football.

*Sigh*

valid point on the youth thing, id love to see some more youth pumped through rather than buying every player, but im not in charge of city unfortunately, but im gonna be a supporter no matter how they go about things - same with the other teams i support...

of course id like to see teams work hard to get into CL - if the players at city didnt work hard, why would they be #2 in the league? same with everyone else - liverpool have some extremely expensive players, chelsea bought their players like city are right now - if you dont put in the effort you wont get far no matter how much money the team is worth, and citys position in the league is evidence they are working hard.

Last edited: