Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

what are you talking about, at no point have i said city fans are gloryhunters. its a gamble no matter how you look at it. whether he knew beforehand is irrelevant, its still the situation they are currently in

Sorry i didn't put a quote.. it was not meant to you, it was meant to "JK"... the second part :(
When he took over the club...he wrote his plans and things like that. He knew about the fifa rule before...because he explained it in his plans. I read it somewhere... :D

Last edited:
I think what people will say when they say "Dzeko is going to ruin his career" just need to word it different. Moving to argubly the best league in the world at a team that has such a wealth of talent for probably over £100k a week and to gaurantee some sort of european football next season, (lets face it city aint gona miss out on either european competition....if they do heads will roll) is not a bad move for his career. However at 25 going to a team that likes to play with 1 up top that already seems to be tevez's position, along with balotelli, adebayor, jo, santa cruz perhaps he was a bit hasty? especially with the likes of real gona be in the market for a striker with higuan out for the season. I think city will improve his career IF he plays consitently, but 1 game in 3 isnt going to improve his career, time will tell.

As for the big transfer news, im going out for a long shot and saying maybe Messi? would without a doubt be the biggest talking point in football? Gets on well with tevez, both argentinian, and messi hasnt been in the form he has for the past 3 seasons, something else on his mind or all just a big coincedence? Or maybe Rooney or Ronaldo? both 2 big things that would shake up the football world and both viable reasons as to what would make tevez want to stay?

I think what people will say when they say "Dzeko is going to ruin his career" just need to word it different. Moving to argubly the best league in the world at a team that has such a wealth of talent for probably over £100k a week and to gaurantee some sort of european football next season, (lets face it city aint gona miss out on either european competition....if they do heads will roll) is not a bad move for his career. However at 25 going to a team that likes to play with 1 up top that already seems to be tevez's position, along with balotelli, adebayor, jo, santa cruz perhaps he was a bit hasty? especially with the likes of real gona be in the market for a striker with higuan out for the season. I think city will improve his career IF he plays consitently, but 1 game in 3 isnt going to improve his career, time will tell.

As for the big transfer news, im going out for a long shot and saying maybe Messi? would without a doubt be the biggest talking point in football? Gets on well with tevez, both argentinian, and messi hasnt been in the form he has for the past 3 seasons, something else on his mind or all just a big coincedence? Or maybe Rooney or Ronaldo? both 2 big things that would shake up the football world and both viable reasons as to what would make tevez want to stay?
hes 24. and hes not going to be competing with JO or RSC hes is going to be starting almost every game, tevez will likely play a deep free role. so no its not going to ruin his career, if anything it will probably help him. unfortunately for us

and again Mancini doesn't think when he's doing his shoppings
i think he can line-up a first 11 just with strikers..
come on man! can anyone tell me why is he buying so many strikers? balotelli tevez santa cruz jo adebayor bellamy(on loan) caicedo
i'm not criticizing him,i'm not in position to do that but really? another striker?

what are you talking about, at no point have i said city fans are gloryhunters. its a gamble no matter how you look at it. whether he knew beforehand is irrelevant, its still the situation they are currently in

You may be right Mike but i very much doubt it. You just know there will be get arounds. The Sheikh did indeed Know about the FFF plans before he bought City. He will have had the most powerfull legal team and business brains on the planet working on this since bevore the takeover.

When Khaldoon Al Mubarak (Citys Chairman) was quizzed about this last season he simply smiled looked at the camera and said "This is something that does not concern us"... And Khaldoon isn't a liar.

Take from that what you want.

and again Mancini doesn't think when he's doing his shoppings
i think he can line-up a first 11 just with strikers..
come on man! can anyone tell me why is he buying so many strikers? balotelli tevez santa cruz jo adebayor bellamy(on loan) caicedo
i'm not criticizing him,i'm not in position to do that but really? another striker?

He is offloading santa cruz and ade atleast...you gotta remember that those were Hughes signings. Not Mancinis.

You may be right Mike but i very much doubt it. You just know there will be get arounds. The Sheikh did indeed Know about the FFF plans before he bought City. He will have had the most powerfull legal team and business brains on the planet working on this since bevore the takeover.

When Khaldoon Al Mubarak (Citys Chairman) was quizzed about this last season he simply smiled looked at the camera and said "This is something that does not concern us"... And Khaldoon isn't a liar.

Take from that what you want.
ive got the link for the rules now, there are very few get arounds. at the end of the day city have to come up with a real plan becuase you know uefa will just close the loopholes. if city's plans are based on exploiting loopholes, then that is long term trouble

He's a businessman. How on Earth do you know he isn't a liar? He could be lying through his teeth, it's not as if he's going to admit that yes, everything is about to go **** up now is he?

yes,i know
but shouldn't he supposed to sell them some time ago if they weren't in his plans?
they've lost years playing football..
anyway hope city soon shine more and more but if that will be possible with another manager :$

He's a businessman. How on Earth do you know he isn't a liar? He could be lying through his teeth, it's not as if he's going to admit that yes, everything is about to go **** up now is he?

Man, if Sheikh knew about this, he knows a way. They dont have that much money because they are stupid. They got plans...people need to let them do their job. If he is not concerned, they have some plans for it. As i said, they aren't stupid.
They surely know what they are doing...

Man, if Sheikh knew about this, he knows a way. They dont have that much money because they are stupid. They got plans...people need to let them do their job. If he is not concerned, they have some plans for it. As i said, they aren't stupid.
They surely know what they are doing...

I'm not suggesting for one moment he's stupid, or that he doesn't have plans, but I am questioning the seemingly blind faith Blakefish seems to be putting in a businessman.

As for the big transfer news, im going out for a long shot and saying maybe Messi? would without a doubt be the biggest talking point in football? Gets on well with tevez, both argentinian, and messi hasnt been in the form he has for the past 3 seasons, something else on his mind or all just a big coincedence?

Your right, not as if hes scored 17 in 14 this season in La Liga.

Dread to think what hes like on form :S

I can pretty much guarantee you it wont be Messi. He is unobtainable, even for City. Tolmie also ruled it out being Ronaldo or Wayne Rooney but the majority of the speculation on most City forums is we have told Barcelona to name their price for Andres Iniesta. This seems to be the news bounding around the Spanish media and apparantly those rumours are not going away. It is said that Barcelona would accept a massive bid as even though they have just sold their sponsorship rights for a huge sum they are still in crippling debt. They would be foolish to not accept any huge offer but it would then be up to the player...

And he would undoubtedly be tempted. But in the end i very, VERY much doubt we will sign Iniesta.

The other rumour is that the show of power could be Wesley Sneijder. Inter are struggling this season and both club and player could be open to a move.

What i will say however is Tolmie has always been right in the past so much so the people on Bluemoon forum take his word as gospel. So when he says City will make a move this month that will show the world how powerfull we are and that Tevez has decided to withdraw his transfer request because of it well you just know it's gunna be big. I for one can't wait :D

you guys talk about power, but sides arent afraid of city's spending power. No disrespect intended, but you are still seen as the poor mans galactico's. Thats not to say you shouldnt be spend like you should, infact you have to, to make the most of it, but if you read around most club arent interested in Garry Cook's big talk. That's why i like Mancini, quiet, dignified, and will do his talking on the pitch.

you guys talk about power, but sides arent afraid of city's spending power. No disrespect intended, but you are still seen as the poor mans galactico's. Thats not to say you shouldnt be spend like you should, infact you have to, to make the most of it, but if you read around most club arent interested in Garry Cook's big talk. That's why i like Mancini, quiet, dignified, and will do his talking on the pitch.

It's not about that mate. Gary Cook is like an embarressing uncle who doesn't know when to shut up. But i like him, He genuinely has the clubs best intrest at heart and behind the scenes he does a good job. But this has nothing to do with Cook or Marwood. This deal has been dealt with right at the top.

Their was no disrespect taken in your comment mate because:

1, I know you're a decent bloke just saying what you believe but most importantly...
2, I strongly disagree, You very much underestimate the power our club now weelds if believe us a "Poor mans Galacticos" We're not a poor mans anything.

You see when Uncle Gary Cooke comes knocking then perhaps you can stall him or just tell him to do one. But when the crown prince of Abu Dhabi comes knocking, A man who's sitting on two thirds of the worlds oil reserve, you **** yourselves and do what he says as it is guarateed to be in your best interest.

As i say this guy Tolmies Hairdoo (Stupid forum username i know) has been right time and time again. He very rarely posts these days unless something big is going down. Please believe me when i say this guy doesn't post bollocks for the sake of it and when he says there will be a show of power coming this month then you would be wise to believe him.

It's not about that mate. Gary Cook is like an embarressing uncle who doesn't know when to shut up. But i like him, He genuinely has the clubs best intrest at heart and behind the scenes he does a good job. But this has nothing to do with Cook or Marwood. This deal has been dealt with right at the top.

Their was no disrespect taken in your comment mate because:

1, I know you're a decent bloke just saying what you believe but most importantly...
2, I strongly disagree, You very much underestimate the power our club now weelds if believe us a "Poor mans Galacticos" We're not a poor mans anything.

You see when Uncle Gary Cooke comes knocking then perhaps you can stall him or just tell him to do one. But when the crown prince of Abu Dhabi comes knocking, A man who's sitting on two thirds of the worlds oil reserve, you **** yourselves and do what he says as it is guarateed to be in your best interest.

As i say this guy Tolmies Hairdoo (Stupid forum username i know) has been right time and time again. He very rarely posts these days unless something big is going down. Please believe me when i say this guy doesn't post bollocks for the sake of it and when he says there will be a show of power coming this month then you would be wise to believe him.
mate i dont doubt his word, but it doesnt show "power". and you are, not in terms of money but in terms of style players etc. and no they dont **** themselves at all. Money isnt everything in football yet, and the FFF are a big plan in pushing it back further. Real arent scared of him, neither are Barca. No one is scared of the Shiekh Etc, he just has lots of money.

mate i dont doubt his word, but it doesnt show "power". and you are, not in terms of money but in terms of style players etc. and no they dont **** themselves at all. Money isnt everything in football yet, and the FFF are a big plan in pushing it back further. Real arent scared of him, neither are Barca. No one is scared of the Shiekh Etc, he just has lots of money.

LOL... I reckon the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF key on your keyboard must be nearly worn out by now :p Don't put so much faith in Michelle Twattini and his goons at Uefa mate. They will let you down.

As i say all i know is there is appaerently something huge brewing at City this month which will, quote "show how powerfull our club is". They are not my words but the words of somebody i know to be truethful and who is known to be privy to inside info at MCFC.

Mancini himself hinted at this other deal today when talking about Dzeko he said:

"when he is a city player we will talk about this and the other situation"

I have no idea what is going to happen but i am led to believe it will be a big deal.

LOL... I reckon the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF key on your keyboard must be nearly worn out by now :p Don't put so much faith in Michelle Twattini and his goons at Uefa mate. They will let you down.

As i say all i know is there is appaerently something huge brewing at City this month which will, quote "show how powerfull our club is". They are not my words but the words of somebody i know to be truethful and who is known to be privy to inside info at MCFC.

Mancini himself hinted at this other deal today when talking about Dzeko he said:

"when he is a city player we will talk about this and the other situation"

I have no idea what is going to happen but i am led to believe it will be a big deal.
i dont have faith, but i have seen the actual rules coming in, check the uefa site for the pdf. You should probably have less blind faith in the shiekh. Again there is still plenty of disdain for your "power", when you win a title or a strong trophy that disdain will fade

I've been a City fan a very long time Mike and i've seen madness at the club i love down the years like you wouldn't believe. A lot of the bile spouted about my club these days is quite funny if a bit sad. But the one thing a lot of these people can never hope to understand is the mentality of a true City fan. I'll be the first to admit we are mad as cheese but our humour, wit and ability to laugh at ourselves is the stuff of legend.

Ofcourse i would love the Sheikh to stay for a very long time and give our great club and its wonderfull fans the great times and success i believe it deserves. But at the end of the day we are City no matter what and i know all my true blue brothers and sisters feel the same as me. So if we end up bankrupt and in the 3rd tier of English football again don't be suprised to see me and 40,000 other City fans at every game cheering on our beloved team whatever comes or goes.

We've had the bad times and god knows they've been REALLY bad times. So is it to much to ask of these envious boo boys to let us enjoy the excitement of the good times for however long they last?

I guess that's partialy why real City fans are not concerned about Uefas bully boy "fair play ruling" tactics. Because at the end of the day we will always be Man City. Rich or poor, Successfull or ****... Either way suits us fine ;)