Man City move for striker Dzeko

It's pretty unfair on young players when they're bought for big money, then 6 months later are forced to sit on the bench for 15 mins of play time every match, completely stunting their development. They have the resources to buy who they like, it's ruthless to keep replacing players as soon as the next big thing arrives, wasting years of their careers. I believe there's a difference between strength in depth and reckless spending, City are the latter.

Spot on mate but on the other hand the players know what could happen when joining a big spending club like City.

Spot on mate but on the other hand the players know what could happen when joining a big spending club like City.

Agreed, but many of them are young and naive and can easily be misled by false promises and beliefs.

Agreed, but many of them are young and naive and can easily be misled by false promises and beliefs.

that's what im trying to say. city are ruining young player developments and such

Typical City bashing as usual. Boring, change the record please. Great signing for them but my only thing is that it is already unsustainable for them, City have to qualify for the CL at the end of this season to be financially safe under the FFF rules. Talk about gambling already

Agreed, when a club has spent a lot of money on you and your wages are so big you expect to be a key player for a long time.

And United have never sacked players off they have signed?

What are these false promises and beliefs that City offer?

City's becoming an english real madrid, and even though I don't agree with their transfer policy, I just can't stop admiring the squads they assemble...

@Blakefish: congrats on standing by your convictions, I'd just like to add (on the subject of club loyalty) that if you enjoy watching football, especially from other leagues than your own, you're bound to develop sympathies and slowly start supporting some foreign clubs... I believe that's why many people here (myself included) support more than one team..
And it isn't rare for people to grow up supporting one team and later support their home town club as well...

good signing for city should do well for them just sign for them after January 5th

you know what? Players dont have to sign for city you know. Everyone knows what the situation is like so lets not pretened city are the bad guys. Players are big enough to know what the deal is, thats why some players dont go to city and some do. So lets not pretend they ruin careers

that's the point, city's inflating player wages and transfer value. it basically borders on the absurd .

I agree that Citys wage bill and a maybe the transfer value is inflated but i think alot of it is because of Hughes. Mancini is building a good team that can win title. Thank god Hughes isn't the manager anymore.
He has the same problem as Pep in Barca....spends on wrong players.

Anyways...sheikh has enough cash and i think he will own the club for a few centuries. And if he sells it might be another sheikh who buys? :S But why worry about it now when he has promised to be 10+years. I really hope that City are going to make their wage bill the way that the ones who play the most and the key players earn most.
Ade or Santa earn like 3-4 times more than Johnson who is becoming a key player for city.

Bridge, santa, ade, Swp, jo out plz :D

Edit: Are you guys stupid enough to think that they are "misled". They tell exactly what they expect of you when they sign but some of them doesn't care very much if they sit on the bench earning 100k/week. Just look at Bridge for example.

Last edited:

Agreed, when a club has spent a lot of money on you and your wages are so big you expect to be a key player for a long time.

Babel, Diouf etc

If you read my earlier post you'd see that I said the player knows what they getting themselves into but any player given a big transfer fee and wage would expect to be a key player for a long time thats a fact. Wasn't saying they should be.

Babel was more of hope transfer, that maybe could of came good with the right guidance. Not a player bought for the sake of it because money was available and Diouf had an outstanding world cup and looked like a class act. No idea why you brought them up.

Shaun Wright Phillips.

It's pretty unfair on young players when they're bought for big money, then 6 months later are forced to sit on the bench for 15 mins of play time every match, completely stunting their development. They have the resources to buy who they like, it's ruthless to keep replacing players as soon as the next big thing arrives, wasting years of their careers. I believe there's a difference between strength in depth and reckless spending, City are the latter.

I swear the only young players they've bought have been Johnson, Jo, Boateng and Balotelli and Balotelli seems to be getting enough game time by the looks of it. Boateng was bought as a versatile defender to fill in for injuries but I'm sure he has first team apsirations. Jo also knows that he isn't a first team but it seems that he is more than happy to sit on the bench. Johnson is just not good enough to make the team but I'm sure have good enough facilities to enable development to these players, 15 minutes is better than nothing. They aren't scared to loan out young players like Onuoha to aid there development.

If you look at the Manchester City's transfer history, they've actually offloaded or loaned out more players than they've bought in so I'm sure if players want to leave, they can unless they're key players for City.

Last edited:
I swear the only young players they've bought have been Johnson, Jo, Boateng and Balotelli and Balotelli seems to be getting enough game time by the looks of it. Boateng was bought as a versatile defender to fill in for injuries but I'm sure he has first team apsirations. Jo also knows that he isn't a first team but it seems that he is more than happy to sit on the bench. Johnson is just not good enough to make the team but I'm sure have good enough facilities to enable development to these players, 15 minutes is better than nothing. They aren't scared to loan out young players like Onuoha to aid there development.

If you look at the Manchester City's transfer history, they've actually offloaded or loaned out more players than they've bought in so I'm sure if players want to leave, they can unless they're key players for City.
if it was any other club, we would be talking about amazing strength in depth, but since its city its about how they ruin careers... nonsense

if it was any other club, we would be talking about amazing strength in depth, but since its city its about how they ruin careers... nonsense

Thank you Mike. Where have you guys been for the last couple of hours? XD

Quality player. Guess now City are on the verge of signing him means we're definitely not going to be able to. Shame, he would fit nicely into our system as a lone forward.

Good signing by City.

Quality player. Guess now City are on the verge of signing him means we're definitely not going to be able to. Shame, he would fit nicely into our system as a lone forward.

Good signing by City.

Wouldn't expect that from a spurs fan but good :D Hopefully you guys get Cl football next season even tho i think Chelsea or Spurs is going to be outside top 4 this season. They should increase the CL spots to 5 imo. PL really deserves 5 spots.

I dont know about anyone else, but if this does go through, i cant wait to see him grace the Premier League.

Think everyone can agree on that mate.

Which is my point. All this winging about City spending again, is it not obvious that this will happen?! City will spend until they dominate, the rest of us supporting other teams just simply have to sit back and admire the talent on display when they turn up at our grounds. The only reason that people make comments about it, is because it isn't happening to them.
The Premier League needs to attract stars to sustain its status and excitement on the world stage.