Man City move for striker Dzeko

I really have to applaud Blakefish for his undeniable support for his club here. He has everyone against him but he is still holding strong. Although I don't agree with what city do there's nothing we can do about it. There's no point in trying to convince Blakefish otherwise as it is a losing battle. And really if a billionaire who promised to pump millions into Leeds came along then I wouldn't say no and I doubt anyone here would for their clubs.

No ones jealous. It should just be done in the right way. Not by back stabbing current star players and buying every top class players available (needed or not). Also players should be bought with a good mixture of, personality, work rate and talent instead of talent alone.

Of course every team would want money available but if I was given a chance to swap with City now I wouldn't. Its not a club I would be proud to say I support. Yaya Toures wage is a disgrace, if he asked for that at United or Barca he would be shown the door so quick its unbelievable.

Last edited:
Well he's more than welcome at Liverpool, or as dickie above us called us;

He is more than welcome to join the rat eating, bin dipping scousers.

we just have to give it a few years and see if its you or everyone else thats right blakefish :)

Indeed. Another thing people don't understand is how passionate we are about our club. Even if The Sheikh sold City today and we ended up in the conferance playing telford utd we would still support our club in the millions. If that happened to United or most other clubs their fans would desert them in an instant.

In fact if the Sheikh did leave then we would simply laugh, Shake our heads and say "typicle City" Then we would go on fanaticly supporting the greatest club in the world MCFC ;)

that's the point, city's inflating player wages and transfer value. it basically borders on the absurd .

Indeed. Another thing people don't understand is how passionate we are about our club. Even if The Sheikh sold City today and we ended up in the conferance playing telford utd we would still support our club in the millions. If that happened to United or most other clubs their fans would desert them in an instant.

In fact if the Sheikh did leave then we would simply laugh, Shake our heads and say "typicle City" Then we would go on fanaticly supporting the greatest club in the world MCFC ;)

Dont know how you can say that mate

@ Alex - Sure he keeps blabbing about not talking about what you hear in the media and what you want to believe. Then he calls other people hypocrites.

@ The true hypocrite - Wake up mate!

Are you trying to tell me Scousers don't eat rats or dip in bins. Indeed they dip in bins to get there rats. You can say what you like about the state of football and Man City but don't out and out lie oO)

Yawn.
Is this 2003/4 again but with a lighter shade of blue now the enemy of football...

It's not fair what City are doing and it wasn't fair what Chelsea did. But life & football are not fair.
Nobody moans when Real Madrid get bailed out for £200m plus by selling their training ground (now there is a badly run club)
Barcelona are the best club in the world but they are virtually a national team. Yet they make mistakes. Ibrahmovic and that Russian Centre Back cost them huge sums last year.

In any massive investment money is wasted. Not just in football but all walks of life!
Mancini is clearly getting rid of the players on big money, money wasted by Hughes and Errikson before that.

Dzeko is a great player and would improve virtually any team in the world so good luck to City. They have identified a striker who will add to the team and is in his prime.
He would cost any team £30m plus and wages of £150kpw plus so City have to pay the going rate like anyone else.
A player that good can pick where he goes! There are only a handful of teams that could attract him and City are 2nd in the league so it's not just about the money.

And why is there always this obsession with successful owners getting "bored" and leaving?
Is somebody who has invested hundreds of millions just going to leave and write off their investment?Don't be ridiculous.
Good luck to City and enjoy it whilst it lasts because Chelsea are proving at the moment it doesn't last forever.

Now I am off to support my team probably lose to Bolton!
And I will be going in 10 years time when you lot will be moaning about the next Billionaire "ruining football"

that's the point, city's inflating player wages and transfer value. it basically borders on the absurd .

Don't be a fool. City is inflating transfer fees and wages for nobody but themselves. Do you think a club would demand the same fee from Bolton? Indeed could these clubs afford to go for the same players as City in the first place.

City buying players won't stop other players getting who they want. Did it stop Spurs getting Van Der Vaart?

Foolish comment and yet another lie spread buy the media which is eagerly drank up by the idiotic masses to complain about in the pub at lunch time...

City also rapes Children, Started both world wars, are behind 9/11 and was directly responsible for the holocaust... Indeed It is Citys evil which is the cause of global terrorism oO)

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

This implies you think you have millions of supporters?! Oh god. oO)

Ok then in the Dozens :D

Don't be a fool. City is inflating transfer fees and wages for nobody but themselves. Do you think a club would demand the same fee from Bolton? Indeed could these clubs afford to go for the same players as City in the first place.

City buying players won't stop other players getting who they want. Did it stop Spurs getting Van Der Vaart?

Foolish comment and yet another lie spread buy the media which is eagerly drank up by the idiotic masses to complain about in the pub at lunch time...

City also rapes Children, Started both world wars, are behind 9/11 and was directly responsible for the holocaust... Indeed It is Citys evil which is the cause of global terrorism oO)

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Ok then in the Dozens :D
You still inflate transfer prices for players of similar quality to the ones City want to buy. No offence to Bolton, but comparing a player City want to buy and one Bolton want to buy are completely separate markets, don't be so naive so you can try and falsely prove your claim.

Yawn.
Is this 2003/4 again but with a lighter shade of blue now the enemy of football...

It's not fair what City are doing and it wasn't fair what Chelsea did. But life & football are not fair.
Nobody moans when Real Madrid get bailed out for £200m plus by selling their training ground (now there is a badly run club)
Barcelona are the best club in the world but they are virtually a national team. Yet they make mistakes. Ibrahmovic and that Russian Centre Back cost them huge sums last year.

In any massive investment money is wasted. Not just in football but all walks of life!
Mancini is clearly getting rid of the players on big money, money wasted by Hughes and Errikson before that.

Dzeko is a great player and would improve virtually any team in the world so good luck to City. They have identified a striker who will add to the team and is in his prime.
He would cost any team £30m plus and wages of £150kpw plus so City have to pay the going rate like anyone else.
A player that good can pick where he goes! There are only a handful of teams that could attract him and City are 2nd in the league so it's not just about the money.

And why is there always this obsession with successful owners getting "bored" and leaving?
Is somebody who has invested hundreds of millions just going to leave and write off their investment?Don't be ridiculous.
Good luck to City and enjoy it whilst it lasts because Chelsea are proving at the moment it doesn't last forever.

Now I am off to support my team probably lose to Bolton!
And I will be going in 10 years time when you lot will be moaning about the next Billionaire "ruining football"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc&feature=related"]YouTube - Applause[/ame]

Well done that man

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

You still inflate transfer prices for players of similar quality to the ones City want to buy. No offence to Bolton, but comparing a player City want to buy and one Bolton want to buy are completely separate markets, don't be so naive so you can try and falsely prove your claim.

Do you expect me to appologise because we are the dominant power in the transfer market? "Naughty Sheikh Mansour you are a bad boy" United have been muscling clubs out of the market for years. Very hypocriticle.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------Do you expect me to appologise because we are the dominant power in the transfer market? "Naughty Sheikh Mansour you are a bad boy" United have been muscling clubs out of the market for years. Very hypocriticle.

United have a superb business model and generate massive revenues from the global brand created from the club. We're in debt due to owners burdening the club with it. City have a sugar daddy owner who spares no expense, they're a club that purchase players because they WANT rather than NEED them. This ruins players careers, and distorts the market far more than United ever could hope to have done.

Dzeko will go nowhere before next summer.....story from first hand....his parents are my neighbors in Sarajevo...this all transfers stories about him are pure bs

United have a superb business model and generate massive revenues from the global brand created from the club. We're in debt due to owners burdening the club with it. City have a sugar daddy owner who spares no expense, they're a club that purchase players because they WANT rather than NEED them. This ruins players careers, and distorts the market far more than United ever could hope to have done.

Carry on believing that if it makes you happy. I couldn't care less. I'm a proud Mancunian who knows all about the evils of your nasty club. We are building a fantastic squad of players. Building for the future. If you don't like that then it actualy pleases me ^^) I'm glad Citys business dealings bothers you.

Ruining players careers?

You expect Johnson to start ahead of Silva and Milner, nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition. Plenty of other teams have quality players that don't make the first team on the bench, Tottenham being one of them. It's called strength in depth.

Surely if you can buy better players than the current crop that's what you do if the money is available.

As for the Sheik, I imagine he will stay owners of Manchester City for a very long time.

Are City the only entity in the world that buys things they want rather than need?
Of course not...
Plus, it sound like City are the new masters of slavery.
I must have missed the story 2 days ago where Dzeko was kidnapped from the streets of Wolfsburg and ended up held against his will in Manchester.
Sign this 200k pw week contract for the joint leaders of the premier league or you will never see your family again...
He is there because he wants to be and City have agreed terms with the selling club.
Simples!!!

Dzeko will go nowhere before next summer.....story from first hand....his parents are my neighbors in Sarajevo...this all transfers stories about him are pure bs

Before this crazy thread turned into a "Lets abuse City" thread i was gunna say i don't see Wolfsburg selling in January. It's very rare big business is done in January. City will use this window to offload some of the Hughes brigade (Bridge, Ade, Santa Cruize etc)

Alot of jealous people on this thread. People need to realise that if Man City want to take it to the next level, this is the kind of player they need to sign, and discard players like Ade and RSC.

Tell you what, if either of my teams where in this position I would be so happy I wouldn't care about what other people are saying about my club. Pitty both my teams are pretty ****** money wise.

Ruining players careers?

You expect Johnson to start ahead of Silva and Milner, nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition. Plenty of other teams have quality players that don't make the first team on the bench, Tottenham being one of them. It's called strength in depth.

Surely if you can buy better players than the current crop that's what you do if the money is available.

As for the Sheik, I imagine he will stay owners of Manchester City for a very long time.

It's pretty unfair on young players when they're bought for big money, then 6 months later are forced to sit on the bench for 15 mins of play time every match, completely stunting their development. They have the resources to buy who they like, it's ruthless to keep replacing players as soon as the next big thing arrives, wasting years of their careers. I believe there's a difference between strength in depth and reckless spending, City are the latter.