Laurito and Alipio..

Good, young n in my game, they are wonderkids..

i recomended for you:

GK. Shovkovski
DR. Micah Richards
DC. Luisao
DC. Dunne(c)
DL. Kleber
MR. Wright Philips/Srna
MC. Moutinho
MC. Requelme
ML. Zhirkov
FC. Palacio
FC. Robinho

i think its realistik for Man Blue.

Man city 2nd season I'm at the Jan transfer window. Top of league without losing a game. 1st season finished 4th but missed out on Champs League as Liverpool won it but finished below me

GK: Akinfeev
DL: Bale (£16m)
DR: Richards
DC: Fazio(£15m)
DC: Dunne
DM: Veloso(£14m)
MC: Pirlo(£25m)
MC: Diarra(£16m)
AMR: Ashavin(£12m)
AML: Robinho
ST: Aguero(£38m)

I now only use this for away games, 4-4-2att for home with G. Rossi (£10m) joining Aguero.

This is total fantasy football so I buy who I want, I have over 30 first teamers and all are still happy. I have also bought Santon (£2m), Insua (£5m), Felipe (£9m), Bolzoni (£4m), plus half the Italian under 18/21s most notabely F. Rossi (£6.5m).

Man City already have great players so I'm not finding it hard, I get who I want and I don't think I've made a bad buy yet.

ps. my p**** is bigger than yours too

Last edited:
sergio aguero,carlos kameni,luka modric,lassana diara,pato

Frey is a great goalkeeper. He cost me 23 milions. first he didnt want to move to man city but when I ofered him 115 p/w he came....

Hi im in my 2nd season with man city and well things are goin a little pear shaped. started off well with a 3-0 win over Chelsea but now iv been leaking in goal against teams like blackburn and west ham. wondering if anyone give me some tips on what i should do.
My Team is:

Gk: Asenjo
Rb: Onuoha
Cb:Richards
Cb: Dunne
Lb: Marcelo
Cm: Gelson Fernandes
Cm:Veloso
Ram: Alexis Sanchez
Lam: Guardado
St: Aguero
St:Balotelli

Subs:
Hart
Kuzmanovic
Ireland
Ched Evans
Sturridge
Kompany
Camacho
Fausto Rossi
Vela
Michael Johnson

Help would be welcome as well as any new signings
wink.gif

<!-- / message -->

Veloso - I can confirm what was said before, he scores loads of free kicks. I got him for £13m - and only a 3rd of the way thru the season and hes bagged 6 free kicks and avergae rating of 7.44. When you look at his stats you'll see he is awesome -if anyone has found a better player, stats wise, please tell because I aint found one.

Also, I paid out for Ballotelli - £15m - so far, nothing! I will persist because 90% of ppl who love him on this forum cant be wrong - but average so far...

i use balotelli to take my freekicks cos hes got 20 freekick stat :p
but veloso has been doing averagely well this season he was a beast during the 1st season in the middle of the park with gelson so iv decided now to play kuzmanovic with veloso in the middle maybe someone new might help him play better
how can i strengthen my team in anyway?

Last edited:
seee i played him for a bit scored goal of the month but interest from bayern has unsettled him and now i dont know what to do. Should i let him go? if not where shall i play him iv got balotelli nd aguerro who seem to be doing the business for me
i signed radoi the cb from steau bucharest any good?
any way i could strengthen my team?

I'm just starting my Third season at city. My approach so far has been:

1st Season - Finished 4th, Semi Final of the FA Cup (lost to United on pens after being 4-0 down at half time and bringing it back to 4-4!), Winners of the Uefa Cup

All prices are an estimate/from memory. Any marked with a * are highly recommended:

Bought:
Carlos Kameni* - 5m
Gonazalo Pineda - 6m
Miguel Veloso* - 14m
Lassana Diarra* - 12m
Jonathan Zebina - 2m
Klass Jan Huntelaar - 12m
Henri Saviet* - Free (i think i had to pay a small amount of compo
Juan Arango - 8m
Goran Pandev* - 14m

Plus a number of promising looking 16 year olds, to name a few (Medina, Daniel, Diego)

Sold:
Tal Ben-Haim - Loan
Benjani - 4m
Glauber - Birmingham - 2m
Javier Garrido - 5m
Didi Hamann - 500k
Darius Vassell - 500k
Michael Ball - 1m

2nd Season, Premiership Champions, League Cup Runners up

Bought:

Federico Fazio** - 12m
Domenico Criscito* - 6m
Joe Mattock - 2m (showing great potential)
Davide Santon* - 3m
Tobias Tosun - Free
Javi Martinez** - 24m
Ashley Young* - 15m
Sergio Aguero* - 32m
Kyriakos (sp 17year old DC from olympiakos)* - 1m

Plus probably 10 under 18 players, most of which i can't remember!

Sold:

Michael Johnson - 15m to Chelsea
Klass Jan Huntelaar - 28m to Chelsea
Gelson Fernandes - 14m
Shaun Wright-Phillips - Loan to Juventus
Tal Ben-Haim - 2m

Season 3, Played 10, won 9 drawn 1 in the PL:

Bought:
Srna ** - 32m
Ballotelli** - 36m
Laurito - 15m

Sold

Wright Phillips - 3m
Ireland - 3m
Bojinov - 5m
Sturridge - 2m
Caicedo - 2m
Dunne - 4m
Kompany - 6m
Onohua - 3m
Jo - 6m

Because of the young players who i've bought in bulk and nurtured through to the first team i've probably got the most balanced, highest quality squad i've ever had. I'm going to try and just use my youth players to develop my first team further, with the odd world class signing every couple of years or so.

there are a few good players like simon vukcevic a very good player and emmanuel adebayor a true goal scorer on the game and every time a play him he scores 2 or 3 and gets 30 odd goals in the season.XD!!!

Im just starting out on football manager 2009 so i am a complete newbie can any one give me any sugestions who to buy for man city?????
:D

you should buy srna for 15-17 million
cardozo 5-6.25 mill
doyle 6.25 mill
last of all hamsik dont know how much

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

there are a few good players like simon vukcevic a very good player and emmanuel adebayor a true goal scorer on the game and every time a play him he scores 2 or 3 and gets 30 odd goals in the season.XD!!!
he dont on my season's martins scores 32 goals every season it's so ****** annoying

Veloso - I can confirm what was said before, he scores loads of free kicks. I got him for £13m - and only a 3rd of the way thru the season and hes bagged 6 free kicks and avergae rating of 7.44. When you look at his stats you'll see he is awesome -if anyone has found a better player, stats wise, please tell because I aint found one.

Also, I paid out for Ballotelli - £15m - so far, nothing! I will persist because 90% of ppl who love him on this forum cant be wrong - but average so far...

if you are talking stats wise then marcos senna is in a different league to veloso

but if your looking for a future buy then its veloso.

cheers any ideas about good defenders bought radoi whos been great but im still not happy need some one whos a class act, young, and quite gd value for money

you MUST get lassana diarra in there to dominate your mid field with vesolo. plus get balotelli and santa cruz scores loads in the prem. if money is no object get messi and lahm to add some width to your team. silva would be a great buy and navas

Sign torres. 70m begining of 3rd season him and Lavezzi Strikers works a Charm.

i'm at the beginning of the second season. interestingly i can't get too many of the superstar players, quite realistic. but i was able to get a lot of the future stars.

in the first season i bought:

camacho 11,5
moutinho 19,75
arshavin 24
vela 20,5
salamon 2
huntelaar 27
kadlec
cana 12,5
carioca 4,3
chrygrynski 12,5
van der vaart 15,75

unfortunately i was kinda forced to sell robinho. we couldn't get along :D. also sold benjani, elano, dunne, petrov.

second season:
getting constant offers for nearly all my first squad players. really, really annoying because they'd all rather play for milan etc.

altidore 6,25
asenjo 12
evseev 7,25
ibra (was transfer listed) 28,5
guardado 25
anyukov 18

sold: vasell, huntelaar, bojinov, onuoha, garrido, ben-haim.

trying to keep the squad together for at least 2 seasons as i think there is no player that could really improve the squad signigicantly.