Hello everybody

I am in my third season in Man City and its about to finish (4 more games)
I am in CL final versus Barca, in the FA Cup final versus Arsenal, I won the League Cup versus Aston Villa and the PL title 3 games before the end of the season. I ve lost one game vs Marseille in the CL semifinal and I was unbeaten throughout the whole season!!) 30 goals conc. in all the competitions.

It was a very good season indeed and I hope I ll win the rest two trophies.

The main tactic I use is
4-3-1-2 with two DM alongside the MC, I do not use AMR or AML as I prefer Wing backs instead who cover the whole line.

GK Foster (CHEAP AND RELIABLE)
DC Yobo (QUALITY DEFENDER)
DC Richards (DO NOT SELL HIM!!)
WBR Anyukov (USEFULL PLAYER)
WBL Vargas (WORLD CLASS PLAYER-39 ASSISTS IN ONE SEASON!!!)

MC Elano
DMC Veloso (BECOMING BETTER AND BETTER)
DMC Palombo (SOLID ROCK IN THE MIDFIELD)

AMC Arshavin (HE CAN MAKE A CHANCE OUT OF NOTHING)

ST Gignac (THE MAN OF THE MOMENT FIRST SCORER)
ST Cardoso (WHAT A PLAYER!!!)

USEFULL SUBS
Fazio for DC (VERY GOOD DEFENDER YOU CAN USE HIM IN FIRST 11 ASWEL)
Caracciolo for ST (CHEAP AND TRUSTWORTHY STRIKER VERY GOOD SUB)
Cahill AMC (RELIABLE SUB FOR ARSHAVIN)

Last edited:
Im just starting out on football manager 2009 so i am a complete newbie can any one give me any sugestions who to buy for man city?????
:D
id say huntelaar and pato
huntelaar for £15 m
and pato for £30 m
and they work like a dream
n buy palombo he's a DM and he is mega:p

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

pato and huntellar
pato 30 milion
huntelaar 15 million
and palombo for dunno bt gt them lol :p

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

I am in desparte need of a Right midfielder because non of them robinho or Vuckevic can actually play there and my budget is 10,000,000 - 20,000,000 MILLION POUNDS!

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Try Arsenal Valencia are class if you win a CL spot ,Madrid,Chelsea,Inter,Milan
play Elano there or shaun wright phillipps lol :p

players to sell & buy

won the premier league on first year... took maximum possible budget :

sold :

schmeichel gbp 1,5 MM
petrov gbp 8 MM
Ireland gbp 10 MM
Caceido gbp 4,5 MM
Onohua gbp 5 MM
Elano gbp 11 MM
hamman gbp 0,5 MM (reduce my wages total)
ball gbp 1,5 MM (reduce wages)
M Johnson gbp 10 MM
Vassell free - paid him to leave (reduce my wages total)
Mills free - paid him to leave (reduce my wages total)
garrido gbp 6.5 MM
sturrig gbp 2,5 MM
etuhu gbp 1,5 MM

on loan de jong (got gbp 1,5 MM for the year and 100 % of wages covered)
reserves team as "useless" : Bellamy, Benjani, Bojinov all sold January

Bought :

Mouthino gbp 11-12 MM
Hamsik gbp 27 MM
Santon (on loan - paid 100 % of wages + 2,5 MM gbp)
Aguero 42 gbp MM
Yobo Gbp 12 MM
Zhyrkov Gbp 15 MM
Probenyak gbp 13 MM
Bale 15 MM gbp
k. papadopoulos gbp 2,5 MM (reserve team)
kadlec (free)
srna gbp 16,5 MM

at the end of year 1 MOST big clubs want : moutinho, hamsik, hart, yobo,dunne, richards, aguero, zhyrkov, probenyak, robihno, bale, srna,
fernandes, evans....

keep wages low... the problem at the end of year 1 is that I do not want to sell ANY of these players...

A.goalie, I need a "world class keeper" , I bid for Cassillas 55 MM (gbp) release fee but he does not want to come, buffon cost gbp 85-90 like cech but no one wants to come. Lloris is super expensive and I am not sure Akyneev, Frey, Asenjo... are better than Given or Hart

B. DL, sell bridge, keep Bale and try to find a world class player like Lahm, Marcelo or clichy, a. cole from chelsea

c. DR, fully covered by Richards, Srna, Santon, Zabaleta. It is very important to have players that cover different positions.

d. Dc, two positions to be covered by Dunne, K.Papadopoulos, Yobo, Richards, Kompany... difficult to add a another "world class player" as Mexes does not want to come, Ramos from Real the same. Demichelis, Fazio, Chiellini are mega expensive and will not always come. Bought Leo and Rodwell from Everton to have some "new blood"

e. AML , fully covered by Zhyrkov and Robihno (when he does not play as a FC), srna can also cover the position. Silva can be a good solution from Valencia but useluss to accumulate players
F. AMR , SRNA - Santon - Phillips (can be sold as had huge wages and is not world class).... I try to buy C.Ronaldo, Messi, but had to take Balotelli as none of these players wanted to come.

G. MC, two positions, covered by Hamsik, Moutihno, Fernanders, Kompany,De jong (second choice try to sell him), bought Gerrard from Liverpool for Gbp 50 MM and G. Barry... keep accumulating players, Kuzmanovic very good too (fiorentina).

H. FC, two positions, Aguero, Robihno, Probenyak, Evans for first season, added Mylevski - Balotelli, cardoso from benfica....Benzema too expensive, look for Kyut....

the problem is that on second year most players that you do not buy on first year are too expensive : Balotelli, Fiorillo, Santacroce, Kuzmanovic...

Wistel and defour are good choices too.... ENJOY

ARIS SALONICCA --- *UCK PAOK

these are just decisons i made off the top of my head

players 2 buy!

Phillie Mexes-cb
sergio asenjo- gk
marek hamsik-cam
amauri-st
joao moutinho- cm
miguel veloso-dm
rafael-rwb
fabio-lwb
lassana diarra-dm
balotelli-pretty much anywhere

My Man City team....its insane

GK-Steve Mandanda
RB-Glen Johnson
LB-Marcelo
CB-Ezequiel Garay
CB-Felipe
DM-Miguel Veloso
RM-Theo Walcott
LM-Ryan Babel
AMC-Kaka
ST-Fernando Torres
ST-Robinho

Won countless trophies, now in 2015-16 season.

Starting 2nd Season..

GK - S Asenjo
RB - D Srna
CB - M Richards
CB - J Evans
LB - M Flamini

LW - A Guardado
CM - Diego / Palombo
CM - S Gerrard/ JR Riquelme
RW - Ronaldinho/ SW Phillips

ST - Vagner Love / C Vela
ST - Robinho / Cardozo / Balotelli

I would recommend

Strikers: David Villa, Oscar Cardozo

Midfielders: Christiano Ronaldo, Diego, Miguel Veloso

Defenders: John Terry, David Luiz, Thiago Silva

Goalkeepers: Igor Akinfeev, Sergio Asenjo

I've bought Akinfeev. He's pretty good. Set me back though

My City team is

GK - Akinfeev
DC - Zapata
DC - Richards
DC - Leo
RWB -Zabaleta
LWB - Srna (c)
CM - Veloso
CM - Fernandes
AMC - Robinho
Cf - Torres
Cf - Huntelaar

We won the title first season round and I have added Torres, Veloso, Zapata to the team but lost Dunne and Guardado (chairman sold him for £40m). It's now Sept so can't add players immediately. Prob feel I need a right wing back the most (zabaleta isn't amazing) Any suggestions. Can anyone suggest how I can strengthen this team as I fancy having a good go at the Champions League.

Cheers
that team is ok, but how is no one signing aguero hes world class and only 20, you can get him first season for 37, a must buy

my man city team first season is

gk joe hart
dl marcelo
dr dario srna
dc cacares
dc dunne
dm palombo (one of the best buys on the game) 20 tackling/ creativity
mr nihat
ml petrov
cam diego
st robinho
st aguero ( must buy 19 goals 10 assists and ive only just reached january)

this side is unbeaten and only drawn 2 games in all competitions, 1 against ac milan away ended 4-4 and 1 against newcastle away, beat man utd away 5-0

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

must have player in my opinion,

david silva, cuts teams apart on the left
aguero, world class at both st and cam wonderkid
bojan, best young talent on the game a must have
palombo, a defensive rock must have, 20 tackling 20 creativity play at dcm
marcelo cheap young and big talent
david villa goal scoring machine

if your in your first season always get select winner for your budget to be 84m, then adjust your budget to receive 117m this will allow you to sign enough players to win the league, go for quality not quanity, and always sign aguero marcelo and palombo first season

vagner love kills it for man city on my game and get mountinho in

in my game i take man city maneger
and the best eleven is
-GK buffon
-cd fazio
-cd sakho
-fb srna
-fb zhikov
-dm veloso
-amc matias fernandes
-aml david silva
-amr jankovic
-st cardozo
-st aguero

try to get these player...i sure u can win premier leguae and champion

There are some nice man city teams but i think i spent too much money on mine

----------------------------Akinfeev-----------------------
--------Zapata--------------Fazio---------Sakho----------
----------------------------Veloso------------------------
----------------Marquinhos---------Mata------------------
C.Ronaldo--------------------------------------------Messi
--------Bojan/Vagner/Paloshci--Keirrison/Fleck/Torres

My Reserves is top class the beat other ones 8-0

There are some nice man city teams but i think i spent too much money on mine

----------------------------Akinfeev-----------------------
--------Zapata--------------Fazio---------Sakho----------
----------------------------Veloso------------------------
----------------Marquinhos---------Mata------------------
C.Ronaldo--------------------------------------------Messi
--------Bojan/Vagner/Paloshci--Keirrison/Fleck/Torres

My Reserves is top class the beat other ones 8-0

We dont want cheatersoO)

and how have i cheated ??????????
u dumass i am man city the richest club and i have won champions league twice

I bought vagner love ,cardozo,vucevic(from sportong lisbon)srna,sakho,maquinhos,riquilme. About 11 games into first season doing not bad 3 rd 1 point behind chelsea.

If this thread is months old I assume his question no longer stands... -_-

put robinho as a left winger and buy vagne love ; )
gareth barry from aston villa had a great impact in my game,(2nd season 33 assists 41 games+14 goals).bought Veloso too.
Veloso was deep-lying playmaker and barry more attackin ; P

I know this thread has probably diedby now, but if anyone cares the Man City team's I used in my first season are:

11:

-------------------------------Asenjo (8m)
Srna(c) (14m)--Hangeland (7m)--Sakho (17m)--Bale (24m [!])
-----------------------------Veloso (13m)
----------------------Barry (24m)-----Anderson (24m)
Wright-Philips--------------------------------------Robinho
------------------------------V. Love (13m & 38 goals (H))

Finished 5th

Also bought:

Vincenzo Fiorllio (sp?) 2m, bargain!
Fegouhli 5m.

Predicted myself to win league with full transfer budget got 124 mil and sold elano for 10m, ball 1mil and schmeichal (sp) for 5 mil. All that cost me about 139 mil, ouch!

Second season I got 130 mil to spend and board expect a continental qualification place (6th/5th/4th etc).

Sold Hangeland for 8m, Given 5m, Bridge 9m, Wright-Philips 16m and Robinho 47m.

Bought David Silva 45m, Walcott 30m, Fazio 26.5m, Papadopoulos 6m and Balotelli 19m.

starting 11 is:

------------------Asenjo
Srna(c)----Fazio------Sakho---Bale
-----------------Veloso
------------Barry-----Anderson
Walcott------------------------David Silva
-------------V. Love/Balotelli

Hope all this helped? :D

Old thread, but a perfect one to bring up my Man C 'problem'. Think I've over bought players. Have to cut down on some and don't know who to sell. Had a lot of reserve players that got injured, bought replacements, but good replacements. Now players start whining about first team football so I have to ditch a few.

GK: Aknifev, Given, Schmeichel (Hart out on loan)
DL: Bridge, Mattock, Vargas, Guardado, Sahko
DR: Johnson, Ansaldi, Srna, Richards
DC: Richards, Sahko, Dunne,
DC: Jaglieka, Kompagny, Beevers
ML: Guardado, Vargas, Marquinhos
MCa: Vuckenic, Kuzmanovic, Elano, Johnson
MCd: Veloso, Raul Garcia, de Jong
MR: Srna, SWP, Balotelli
FC: Robino, Marquinhos, Balotelli
FC: Vagner Love, Mylievsci, Sturridge

The bold players are my starting eleven. Tried loaning out Johnson, Sturridge and Beevers but none wants 'm (even for free). Want to sell Elano, de Jong, Bridge, Dunne and Ansaldi. Jaglieka and Richards play great but Sahko is unhappy cause he wants a first team spot. Balloteli is considerd a bad signing, he never plays. Vagner Love doesn't score goals (!), 6 goals in 25 appearances, but he has quite a few assist (robinho scores the goals).

Expected to loose some players to bigger clubs (now in second season, near winter transfer periode), but although they were interessted the only bought affelay (12M Liverpool), Zabaleta (8M Arsenal) and Ireland (10M Man U) and I can do without those players,

So any tips on how to streamline this team again? Marquinhos is pretty average lately as striker, but quite good on the left flank. Any other positions other than striker taht Balotelli does well in?

Btw, 2nd season. First season finished third, won eurocup (easy) and FA-cup (dramatic on penalties after Man U got a red card). Currently 2nd 3 points behind leader Chelsea, but my team spirit is dwindelling.

Old thread, but a perfect one to bring up my Man C 'problem'. Think I've over bought players. Have to cut down on some and don't know who to sell. Had a lot of reserve players that got injured, bought replacements, but good replacements. Now players start whining about first team football so I have to ditch a few.

GK: Aknifev, Given, Schmeichel (Hart out on loan)
DL: Bridge, Mattock, Vargas, Guardado, Sahko
DR: Johnson, Ansaldi, Srna, Richards
DC: Richards, Sahko, Dunne,
DC: Jaglieka, Kompagny, Beevers
ML: Guardado, Vargas, Marquinhos
MCa: Vuckenic, Kuzmanovic, Elano, Johnson
MCd: Veloso, Raul Garcia, de Jong
MR: Srna, SWP, Balotelli
FC: Robino, Marquinhos, Balotelli
FC: Vagner Love, Mylievsci, Sturridge

The bold players are my starting eleven. Tried loaning out Johnson, Sturridge and Beevers but none wants 'm (even for free). Want to sell Elano, de Jong, Bridge, Dunne and Ansaldi. Jaglieka and Richards play great but Sahko is unhappy cause he wants a first team spot. Balloteli is considerd a bad signing, he never plays. Vagner Love doesn't score goals (!), 6 goals in 25 appearances, but he has quite a few assist (robinho scores the goals).

Expected to loose some players to bigger clubs (now in second season, near winter transfer periode), but although they were interessted the only bought affelay (12M Liverpool), Zabaleta (8M Arsenal) and Ireland (10M Man U) and I can do without those players,

So any tips on how to streamline this team again? Marquinhos is pretty average lately as striker, but quite good on the left flank. Any other positions other than striker taht Balotelli does well in?

Btw, 2nd season. First season finished third, won eurocup (easy) and FA-cup (dramatic on penalties after Man U got a red card). Currently 2nd 3 points behind leader Chelsea, but my team spirit is dwindelling.

This doesn't help much but I think you have over spent...

I would sell: Elano, Kuzmanovic, Dunne, Mattock and maybe Richards and play Sakho instead.

Sakho is moany b*****d for me too if he doesn't play, I'd offer him a new contract as a rotation player, that usually shuts him up for me.