good midfielders are axel wisel, simonm vukcevic, angelo palombo, tymascolik from zenit, veloso and good all round scorers are adebayor, tevez, villa and aguero will all get you 30+ goals

ADVICE ON SIGNINGS - 2nd SEASON WITH MAN CITY

(Apologies now to FM purists who battle on from nowhere to win competitions, you may not like my questions, but hey, don't read Man City threads therefore...)

Hi, I've played 3 games in 2nd season with Man City, given wacking great budget, about £100m left and I haven't signed a 'biggy' as you would say. Got a great squad from last year, but since they give you massive money each year, I may as well spend it, quite fun!!

Starting team is:

GK: Hart/Asenjo

LB: Marcelo
CB: Dunne
CB: Richards
RB: Santon / Diarra

LW: Mata/Petrov/Balotelli
CM: Veloso
CM: Palombo / Diarra
RW: Wright-Phillips / Balotelli

FW 2 of:

Jo(scored 30 last season), Robinho, Cardozo, Benjani

So decent team, Veloso awesome, weakish on left and right if Balotelli goes up top...

SO - given dollar in bank, who to sign - btw Messi for £98m wouldnt leave his club, Bojan wont nor will Ibrahimovic - HA!

Any suggestions welcome,

thanks

ADVICE ON SIGNINGS - 2nd SEASON WITH MAN CITY

(Apologies now to FM purists who battle on from nowhere to win competitions, you may not like my questions, but hey, don't read Man City threads therefore...)

Hi, I've played 3 games in 2nd season with Man City, given wacking great budget, about £100m left and I haven't signed a 'biggy' as you would say. Got a great squad from last year, but since they give you massive money each year, I may as well spend it, quite fun!!

Starting team is:

GK: Hart/Asenjo

LB: Marcelo
CB: Dunne
CB: Richards
RB: Santon / Diarra

LW: Mata/Petrov/Balotelli
CM: Veloso
CM: Palombo / Diarra
RW: Wright-Phillips / Balotelli

FW 2 of:

Jo(scored 30 last season), Robinho, Cardozo, Benjani

So decent team, Veloso awesome, weakish on left and right if Balotelli goes up top...

SO - given dollar in bank, who to sign - btw Messi for £98m wouldnt leave his club, Bojan wont nor will Ibrahimovic - HA!

Any suggestions welcome,

thanks

I think you should start asenjo, unless hart is playing really well
Zapata is a really good CB, you seem a bit short in that area
Alexis Sanchez is a fast RM who is quite cheap
Dani Guiza is a quality striker for a uefa cup team...about 20m
You could get Aguero for 30-40m...you should definitely sell benjani

My Team 1st season

Given/Hart
Richards Dunne Kompany/Wheater

M.Diarra De-Jong

S.W.P/Zabalta. Young/Petrov

Ireland/Alex

Love/Robinho Vella/Bellamy

Also Have...Bridge..Johnson...Sturridge...onuocha

has anyone ever sign vladimir weiss from city cause accordin to papers hes one for the future?

Hi
I'm in season five with Man City

GK: Rene Adler/Juan Pablo Carrizo
LB: Antonio Lopez/Joe Mattock
CB: Mamadou Sakho(world class, scores a header every three games)
CB: Cristian Zapata
RB: Micah Richards/Davide Santon
DMC: Miguel Veloso(scores loads of freekicks)
LM: Andres Guardado
RM:Gabriel Obertan/Pablo Zabaleta/David Silva
AM:Kaka(100m,didnt have anything to do with the money)/Giovani dos Santos
FC: Sergio Agüero
FC: Giuseppe Rossi
Three last ones will probably score a total of 100 goals this season

Some Subs:
John Heitinga
Stevan Jovetic
Hernanes

And some youngsters/regens for the future:

Anthony Holt ST
Serge Leandri LB
Stewart Holmes LM
Jack Wilshere (pretty good already)AMRLC

Will try to sign Karim Benzema and perhaps a few good english players in the next transfer window.

I've had Hamsik, Asenjo and some other recomendations but they didnt fit in the squad at all

Finished second or third in the first four seasons won the fifth with five games to go. 2 league cups, 3 FA cups, champions league winner last season and in the final this year.
So going for everything this season.

Last edited:
hi guys !! everyone says robinho is a great player but he only scored 4 goles in 20 games
.. actually my strikers performance is so bad .. can some one tell me why §§!!
do i need to get a new strikers ??

Hi guys, I just started a new game with Man City 9.3 Patch, but I need some good players, please tell me some which wants to join Man City...

I recommend Marquinhos, Hernanes, Bernando (AMC), Henri Saivet, Vagner Love (top scorer with over 25 goals for City on my game), Kerrison & Leo (DC). City's scouts have a number of top young Brazil players who have 5-6 star potential.

Won the FA Cup & Carling Cup in my first season at City. Have signed Owen (only just over a £1m), Lescott (£11m), Van Der Vaart (£10-11m) for start of next season 09/10. Shay Given has been a quality keeper towards the end of last season and have 3 sub keepers (Schmeichel, Hart & bought Foster from Man U for £1m) but is there a need for another keeper? (I'm thinking world class level like Buffon, Akinfeev & Frey for example). Might bring in some top defenders too alongside Micah Richards. Midfielder is strong and strikers are good when consistent.

lease tell me some which wants to join Man City

If you read the scout reports it should say if the players interested or not in playing for City. Most of the top players are interested but some clubs like Liverpool, Man U, Milan etc. won't let their star players leave, unless, I'm guessing you spent over £50m, maybe even £75-100m for each player (Ronaldo for example) who would like to buy.

Last edited:
agbonlahor
ramsey as backup
vagner love
aaron lennon
xabi alonso
salomon kalou
joe ledley as backup
balotelli
adriano
gonzalo higuain
quaresma
fausto rossi

i have changed my team little

Akinfeev

Rafinha/Zabaleta Richards/Kompany Sakho/Glauber Guardado/Filipe

Robinho/Vuckevic Veloso/Ireland Moutinho/Dzagoev Fernandez/Buonatte

Robinho/Vuckevic/Dzagoev /Amuari

Vagner/Amuari

Last edited:
my first team 5th season

-------------------------Mandanda/Akinfeev--------------------

Opare-------------- Fazio----------- Micah richard ---------------marcano

----------------------(dmc)
----------------------Flamini------------------------ Pjanic

--Ronaldo ------------------------------------------------------------ Messi

--------------------------Marquinhos--------------------- Aguero

Subs
Sakho
Matias fernandez
Joao moutinho
Balotelli
2 midfield regens
2 defender regen

Toke a while to get ronaldo and messi to my team but it was worth it,especially ronaldo even on hes 29th age now still competing in top 10 topscores with marquinhos and aguero

Also toke me 3 seasons before I could finish 1st in premier league since Chelsea was doing amazing vs other teams,like 86 goal difference at the end of every season,then Hiddink left and guardiola came and messed things up

Might start a new game soon maybe something a bit more challenging over time,man city was challenging untill 5th season now I just keep winning most of my games(just beated liverpool 6-0 on anfield)also I finish with like 89 goal difference ,my first time playing football manager tho

Any suggestions?I would like to have a good team which can attract some keyplayers and a good transferbudget,Im still new to the game and I dont want to rebuild a whole new team yet from a lower division

Last edited:
I am in desparte need of a Right midfielder because non of them robinho or Vuckevic can actually play there and my budget is 10,000,000 - 20,000,000 MILLION POUNDS!

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Any suggestions?I would like to have a good team which can attract some keyplayers and a good transferbudget,Im still new to the game and I dont want to rebuild a whole new team yet from a lower division
Try Arsenal Valencia are class if you win a CL spot ,Madrid,Chelsea,Inter,Milan

I am in desparte need of a Right midfielder because non of them robinho or Vuckevic can actually play there and my budget is 10,000,000 - 20,000,000 MILLION POUNDS!

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Try Arsenal Valencia are class if you win a CL spot ,Madrid,Chelsea,Inter,Milan

Thanks for the tip,altho I started one with aston villa first season now januari transfers already have a prtty good team build up.

Ins
Asenjo
Miguel veloso
Matias fernandes
Sakho
Marcano
Marquinhos
Vagner Love
Angel Di maria

defo go but vagner love, you should get him for around 17 million, also srna for around 14 million, then theres alex from cruzeiro, alex witsel christian zapata

buy a goalkeeper a centre back and a striker.
save your money and help your current squad to have chemistry

id reccommend, asenjo or akinfeev for the keeper, mamadou sakho is a must have for centre back (him and micah richards are absolute beasts) then vagner love as your striker.