Man this site makes me feel old!

I've suppose we've sorta missed them but with the media today with have still been able to watch them and appreciated them. Also people wear were born then back then and maybe dead now (hope this does not cause offence to anyone) could be missing out on quality players like Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabregas, Wayne Rooney who are all quality players say like Cantona, Roy Keane and etc, the style of football has changed very much today it has gone to a much more attacking whereas in the past it was very physical. These days you can get away for being Squillaci :p

I am 25 and I also feel a tad old, my mental age is unfortunately older than my age ;)

I still hanker for the days of United in the 90s. I have vivid memories of the likes of Irwin and Solskjaer, and I can still just about remember Paul Parker's first and only goal for the Reds.

I pride myself on being able to name the United squad that won the Champions League and owning the treble-winning strip that had my name and number 7 on the back. Bit small now mind.
Parker scored twice for united - against spurs 4-1 in the league and against reading 3-0 in fa cup :p

those days were great, i absolutely loved Kanchelskis Hughes Sharpe McClair and of course Cantona

Like I'm 14, and tbh, I don't feel the age difference between any one (apart from Dunc, who is a herrrrooo :wub:), despite being one of the youngest around :)

Cool people don't do that, cool people collect pokemon cards

Cool people collected football sticker albums in my youth or played Subbuteo. **** computers ruined the Subbuteo revolution.

I am now feeling old reading this thread. I still remember the 1978 World Cup Final. I was seven at the time.

Last edited:
I hope everyone understands we dont collect pokemon cards that was a joke and football cards where the thing untill year 5

Yeah but your Scott, king of trolls you can collect barbie dolls and you would still be respected

23 going on 75, i dislike the youth of today. Why cant you stop flashing knives at each other, and go and get peacefully drunk on a park bench like we used to?
other than the fact that i love cartoon characters, i've the same feeling as you tbh, although im just 20 :D

got to agree you on the aggressive youngsters part though. they are simply too violent nowadays :'(

I have to say that I miss the competitive, physical side of the game, nowadays it's more about skill than passion. As a United fan in this day and age, you almost expect to win every game. I miss the days when a Paul Rideout could pop up and score the winner in a cup final....

I know how you feel Dazzy. I'm 38 and sometimes the behaviour of posters on here make me feel old.
The childish bickering is hilarious sometimes and I laugh even more because I can imagine some of the kids think they are sounding really clever with their "I know what you are but what am I??" type replies. XD

All in all, it's a good spot for footie though and different ages bring a wealth of opinions.