Man this site makes me feel old!

The ones I remember in their pomp Norman Whiteside, Bryan Robson (and his dislocated shoulder when playing for England), Butcher, Fenwick, Chopper Harris (not from watching sadly, just footage), Graeme Sharp.....the list could go on forever.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

but they have many more to look forward to... Every one will miss out on some great footballers.. Look at me, i missed out on King Eric really, as i was about 5 when he was in full grace, not really able to Appreciate him properly.

Aye true. Theyve seen Becks, Scholes, Giggs, and now have Walcott, Rodwell, Bale....futures looking bright hopefully

Probably had similar IQ back then though :) My dad always goes on about Rodney Marsh, his favourite player until he made a joke bout beckham bein thick on air and got himself fired as a commentator

I've heard Rodney Marsh talk, and he always got my attention lol

The ones I remember in their pomp Norman Whiteside, Bryan Robson (and his dislocated shoulder when playing for England), Butcher, Fenwick, Chopper Harris (not from watching sadly, just footage), Graeme Sharp.....the list could go on forever.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Aye true. Theyve seen Becks, Scholes, Giggs, and now have Walcott, Rodwell, Bale....futures looking bright hopefully

Yeah, they have many more to look at, Like i grow up watching the likes of Scholes, Becks, Giggs, Andy Cole, Yorke, Rio, Lampard, Gerrard, the lists goes on, now we have the ones you named plus Rooney, and Carrol( the next shearer?)

but they have many more to look forward to... Every one will miss out on some great footballers.. Look at me, i missed out on King Eric really, as i was about 5 when he was in full grace, not really able to Appreciate him properly.

king eric was amazing one of my fav all time playas tht was when i was supporting man u in me younger days way bk now lol used to love the old fellas like mark hughes, pallister,irwin,bruce,kanchelskis,great dane etc etc

Last edited:
Carroll definately will become a class act. But admittedly, the game will be a sadder place without Becks, Giggs, Lamps etc. Top quality players. But as always, theres alway fantastic talent to replace them

I would of like to have seen matt busby manage cos he is considered one of the best

Aye Busby. Jock Stein was pretty special too

Sure was. Dunfermline, Hibs, Celtic, Leed Utd and Scotland

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=eN7fRexO3yw

Check it out

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

hes a legend,fergie will take his record of longest serving utd manager at the weekend

That's funny I'll over take busby on fm hall of fame tomorrow :)

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Sure was. Dunfermline, Hibs, Celtic, Leed Utd and Scotland

Sounds like he was scottish

From Lanarkshire. Fergie as Assistant Manager at Scotland

Cheers mate, I'm feeling a bit tired as I should at half past one so I will chat tomorrow, night

Aye there was a few greats we all missed out on, I wish I had gotten to see brian clough play and manage, Also more of peter schmeichel in goals I caught him at the end of the career but was still young. As for the refs the one that had to be the ultimate ref was Perluigi Collina or however you spelt it the big bald ref with the eyes. He took no nonsense!

I miss the days of good old football when you could actually go near a keeper without a foul been given and actual hard tackles aswell, Good old times, **** you dazzy! bringing back my old memorys from my young brain !

I still hanker for the days of United in the 90s. I have vivid memories of the likes of Irwin and Solskjaer, and I can still just about remember Paul Parker's first and only goal for the Reds.

I pride myself on being able to name the United squad that won the Champions League and owning the treble-winning strip that had my name and number 7 on the back. Bit small now mind.