Man Utd have signed a Portuguese Forward

I am Slightly Suprised we have gone for another Striker, We have Herdanez, Owen, Rooney, Berbatov and Macheda, Whilst Diouf and Welbeck are out on loan. So that is 7 good strikers available to play in the next 2 years, He might turn out to be brilliant, but to me, this seems strange
he also operates out wide and behind the strikers. from what i can tell from the info so far, it looks like real madrids interest forced us to make a move that we probably would have done next season. querioz has got an eye for talent so we'll see. i agree that the number of forward players is crazy, which suggest that there must be something they saw that makes them wanna add to the side

£7 Million seems a lot of money for a player that is unheard of *BRAIN FREEZE* who can honestly say they had heard of Hernandez before we signed him? Hopefully the young lad can make a name for himself. Anyone with a nickname like Bebe has to
have some class lol
There was a difference though, Hernandez had played in the Mexican team, I think and had also played a couple of games in the first division.

I maintain my opinion, I would prefer that he never left Man U, to ruin our National team, that is not indeed a national team, but a team that is controled by certain people in our football...
Stop moaning for crying out loud, this thread is about Bebe and Man Utd, not Queiroz and Portugal.

United are sending some young strikers out on loan remember, like Diouf and Welbeck, this guy could play in the reserves for the season like Diouf did last season.. and United could still buy Ozil, this guy was probably bought with clauses and appearences etc being in the matter. This guy could become good..
Could you stop saying 'this guy' <)

He is youth anyway, so he may not feature in the first team. Signed for the reserves, probably, not as competition for the first team strikers.

P.S. He has a wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bébé_(footballer)

I really don't get this, United have more than enough depth upfront. Isn't this the 8th striker on their books now? And SAF has paid £7.4m for a pretty much complete unknown yet for about £5m more he can get Mesut Ozil, who plays in a position where they need to strengthen?! Odd, very odd.

I really don't get this, United have more than enough depth upfront. Isn't this the 8th striker on their books now? And SAF has paid £7.4m for a pretty much complete unknown yet for about £5m more he can get Mesut Ozil, who plays in a position where they need to strengthen?! Odd, very odd.
Again, doubt it is £7.4m, more like £2m+installments. About £4m altogether, I'd say.

Shall reserve all judgment about Bebe untill we see him play

Last edited:
slightly off topic but i just recieved a text message from manchester united apologising to fans for the website error that posted a picture of Ozil and a bit of information in the squad profiles page.

i personally didn't see this and it isn't on the site now, anyone see or hear about this?
Yeah. There was a thread, which got closed pretty quickly, about it.<)

Am i the only one who cant see what the fuss is about this, especially when compared to ozil? either this guys is for the future (we know that querioz can spot talent), in which case that doesnt stop us signing ozil, or SAF thinks hes good enough to start (unlikely but im just arguing a point), in which case it wouldnt then matter that we dont sign ozil.

and that's not taking into consideration the fact that getting ozil is far from guaranteed

Am i the only one who cant see what the fuss is about this, especially when compared to ozil? either this guys is for the future (we know that querioz can spot talent), in which case that doesnt stop us signing ozil, or SAF thinks hes good enough to start (unlikely but im just arguing a point), in which case it wouldnt then matter that we dont sign ozil.

and that's not taking into consideration the fact that getting ozil is far from guaranteed

im not fussed with this signing either, yes £7 million (or there abouts) is a lot of money for a player who is unheard of but lets face facts... Smalling cost us £10 million, Hernandez cost us £6 million and pretty sure the likes of Vidic, Eva cost around that mark. SAF doesn't waste money for the sake of it and he must see something in this kid to make him act so fast and bring him in

he looks like he could be a decent player, he plays the ball into the box well and i think its something strikers like rooney, mach and hernandez will thrive off

i think that will be same case like Manucho oO) but who knows..

Considering you edited it after I quoted it, that might be the reason.

Muppet.
Looool.
This Bebe will probably be good, but I don't understand the price tag though.

Another striker, what the **** is going on at United??? He was at a third division club five weeks ago, now United are paying 7 million for him, its like an episode of the keystone cops. Buy a ******* midfielder!!!!!!!!!!

Written off by some before he's even played. Gotta love some members of FM-Base ;)

Written off by some before he's even played. Gotta love some members of FM-Base ;)

I am not writing him off, but if we have been following him for so long then why didn't we buy him from that 3rd division club 5 weeks ago for a fraction of the price??? We have payed 7 million for a guy who has never played higher then the Portugese third division, its bizarre!!!!!

I am not writing him off, but if we have been following him for so long then why didn't we buy him from that 3rd division club 5 weeks ago for a fraction of the price??? We have payed 7 million for a guy who has never played higher then the Portugese third division, its bizarre!!!!!

I wasn't talking about you

buy out clause.

But five weeks before, he'd have been free. It's very odd.

Credit to the lad himself though - seems like he's had a very rough life so far and he's pulled himself out of it. Good luck to him in general terms, if you know what I mean.

apperently there were 4 bids for Bébé one was ours, another was madrids, and not sure about the other two, david gill said on the united website he's going to join the united first team, and wont be loaned out, more info http://twitter.com/ManUtdPortugal but id take it with a pinch of salt this guy says "porto rejected 4 bids from top clubs for Meireles, United was one of them. They want to sell but only for right price" so apperently united bidded for raul meireles, i doubt we'll see to much of him, needs time to settle in