Man Utd v Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 238
  • Views Views 10K
The silver lining on the incredibly dark cloud that is the winning goal being offside is that hopefully people will give it a rest with the "united get every decision" **** but...............i doubt it.:S

They get a majority ;)

I've been watching Man Utd since 1994 and I know although that might not be that long for you guys but I was a 6 year old then so that means a lot for me.

Yes, I know that plenty have gone our way, like the legendary Fergie time or Benitez's conspiracy theory of Man Utd controlling the whole FA etc, but do you agree that the refereeing standard this season is totally disgusting, like ever since they promoted the "Respect" campaign? Liverpool vs Fulham game springs up to my mind immediately, because I remembered how Carragher got a red card for a foul that Bobby Zamora himself told the referee that he wasn't fouled. Not only in the EPL too, even in CL, Bayern got away with a blatantly obvious offside goal from Klose against Fiorentina.

complain about the ref all you want dasty, united were **** today thats why we lost the game simple as.

I've never celebrated so much for a Man Utd goal and probably never will again. Shame it ended 2-1. Was a very enjoyable game to watch and I can only see Chelsea lifting the trophy now :S

The silver lining on the incredibly dark cloud that is the winning goal being offside is that hopefully people will give it a rest with the "united get every decision" **** but...............i doubt it.:S

According to other fans, we won that many titles simply because we are lucky, helped by referee and SAF having a huge influence in the FA.

AND I NEVER TALK ABOUT US PLAYING GOOD OR BAD. I WOULD NOW SAY THAT I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT WE SHOULD HAVE LOST BY A MORE HORRIBLE SCORELINE, BUT THAT DOESN'T DENY THE FACT THAT THE REFEREE HAD A BAD GAME.

complain about the ref all you want dasty, united were **** today thats why we lost the game simple as.

United had the best second half, hands down. They were beat by an offside goal.

You've got a good point there. It was good to see something go against Man Utd, for once..

These arguements are just not the same without the valuable input from Scott*.
Does anyone know where he is?

nah trust me, we was shocking from start to finsih, im supprised we got one 2bh... just didnt look like scoring all day... but oh well roll on next week.

Well if all of the goals which shouldn't have been given weren't given, they'd have been beaten by a beautiful Joe Cole flick instead.

nah trust me, we was shocking from start to finsih, im supprised we got one 2bh... just didnt look like scoring all day... but oh well roll on next week.
we didnt deserve anything from that game.

Games aren't won or considered deserved on a half's performance.
We played better for the majority of the game and deserved it.
By your logic everything was even then seeing as Macheda's goal was a handball, therefore United were beaten by a class finish from Cole.

JDY - I was going to bring it up earlier but he hasn't been on msn all day. He might be dead :S At least its 6 points in the FIFA tournament I suppose.

I've told everyone already what happened with the Macheda goal, go onto the 3rd/4th page I think it is and it's explained why the ref gave Macheda's goal. I can't be arsed to type it all up again and argue about it.. fact is Chelsea beat us. They are top, and we have to hope they slip up and then if they do, we MUST take advantage.

These arguements are just not the same without the valuable input from Scott*.
Does anyone know where he is?

haha oh yeah forgot what he said to me last week that utd are a better side adn i said we will see after the game at old trafford and it was chelsea that won ^^)

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

I've told everyone already what happened with the Macheda goal, go onto the 3rd/4th page I think it is and it's explained why the ref gave Macheda's goal. I can't be arsed to type it all up again and argue about it.. fact is Chelsea beat us. They are top, and we have to hope they slip up and then if they do, we MUST take advantage.

i think im the only one that realised you wrote about this earlier lol

Games aren't won or considered deserved on a half's performance.
We played better for the majority of the game and deserved it.
By your logic everything was even then seeing as Macheda's goal was a handball, therefore United were beaten by a class finish from Cole.

Beat you to it mate :P

Well if all of the goals which shouldn't have been given weren't given, they'd have been beaten by a beautiful Joe Cole flick instead.

Nah, I honestly believe if Macheda's was ruled out it would have been extremely harsh - nobody could have not controlled that with their hand.

Did anyone hear the bloke on 5Live: "Man Utd's goal coming from Federico Match-eeda" XD

haha oh yeah forgot what he said to me last week that utd are a better side adn i said we will see after the game at old trafford and it was chelsea that won ^^)

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

i think im the only one that realised you wrote about this earlier lol

I realised as well, I just disagree. Its not as if his arms were by his sides and he had no time to react. He didn't have long to react but he didn't even attempt to move his arms, which were directly in front of him rather than by his sides.

Last edited:
we didnt deserve anything from that game.

we didn't mate and we didn't get anything.... i thought it was a bit over the top though with some fans staying around after full time to boo and give the players (expesh berbatov) abuse when they left. dont get me wrong, tensions ran high and it was an exciting game to watch, my mate who i go with hit the nail on the head.... we looked completely clueless.

Back