Man Utd v Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 238
  • Views Views 10K
used to go alot when i was younger with my dad but he moved up north for nearly 10 years so couldnt really get up their. good thing is my dad moved back down now so we will be looking to get to some games next season without a dout. i watch everygame on the internet do you get to many games mate, i struggle to get ticketts most of the time.

Nice nice.
Yeah, me & my dad have a season ticket each in the Matthew Harding Upper Tier. I share my one with my bro, although he's had work commitments for the past 2 years or so, so im going to every home game. Also try to get tickets for the local games like Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal etc.

Been to Wembley every time we've got their including the old Wembley even though i can't even remember it.
Quite fortunate to be honest.

Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't. And I have to say that the my 5 year old sister could be a better referee. Just saying.

Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't. And I have to say that the my 5 year old sister could be a better referee. Just saying.
I'd like to see you referee that match and do a better job, you don't get replays as a referee, one view and one chance to see it, that's it.

You don't have a clue mate.

It's pretty ******* obvious tbh. I would like to referee that match, why don't you help me to apply for the job then?

So every time a referee ***** up you can simply say that every referee don't have a second chance and only have one and only chance to see the play and had to make their decision based on that? I mean, there's a ******* reason why they're paid to referee the game while we are watching aren't we? If not like I've said before, I will be absolutely delighted to be a referee, having the chance to totally screw up a game and then get away with it because you only have one chance to view the vital incidents of the game and you wont get blamed for it.

Last edited:
just seen Drogba's goal on replay for the first time.... wow, didnt look that bad from where i was sitting but watchin on match of the day, am amazed at that

It's pretty ******* obvious tbh. I would like to referee that match, why don't you help me to apply for the job then?

So every time a referee ***** up you can simply say that every referee don't have a second chance and only have one and only chance to see the play and had to make their decision based on that? I mean, there's a ******* reason why they're paid to referee the game while we are watching aren't we? If not like I've said before, I will be absolutely delighted to be a referee, having the chance to totally screw up a game and then get away with it because you only have once chance to view the vital incidents of the game and you wont get blamed.
I'm not even going to bother arguing over something that is so obvious.

Refereeing is one of the hardest jobs at time, you can't keep everyone happy, e.g yourself and other United fans are ****** off today, but then you probably didn't abuse the referee saying he's **** when he didn't see Macheda's handball, or 'ball to hand', either way shouldn't of been allowed, but that's expected as you support United.

Please do become a referee for Premier League games and see how it's not as easy as you think.

So every time a referee ***** up you can simply say that every referee don't have a second chance and only have one and only chance to see the play and had to make their decision based on that? I mean, there's a ******* reason why they're paid to referee the game while we are watching aren't we? If not like I've said before, I will be absolutely delighted to be a referee, having the chance to totally screw up a game and then get away with it because you only have one chance to view the vital incidents of the game and you wont get blamed for it.

I would love to see you referee a Premier League match just so I could see you look like a complete prat. You're such a stupid, naive little child - Grow up, it's one of the hardest jobs around. But seriously please become a referee, you'll be setting the benchmarks for retarded referees.

Okay, so did I ever said that Macheda's handball was legit or stuff like that? I just said that the referee had done a horrible job, making a horrible decision to let Drogba's totally offside goal to be legit and then allowing yet another goal from Man Utd after a handball. I never said Man Utd deserved anything from the game, I'm just disgusted by the horrible standards in the EPL nowadays. How many games had been filled by horrible decisions already this year?

And what about me being a Man Utd supporter? What are you trying to say there? That means I have no right to complain about the referee because one of the decision that the referee had made is against us?

Like you have said, it's not easy to become a referee for Premier League games and that's why I don't want to see them ruin the games like that. For instance you were threw into jail for something you have not done and were only released after a year after everything were clarified and everyone tells you that being a police/judge isn't as easy as you think and you should let them be?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I would love to see you referee a Premier League match just so I could see you look like a complete prat. You're such a stupid, naive little child - Grow up, it's one of the hardest jobs around. But seriously please become a referee, you'll be setting the benchmarks for retarded referees.

And you would be setting a benchmark for retarded people I guess?

dasty, the referee isn't even responsible for making a decision on a offside call. That's the linesman's job, which he got horribly wrong.

Okay, so did I ever said that Macheda's handball was legit or stuff like that? I just said that the referee had done a horrible job, making a horrible decision to let Drogba's totally offside goal to be legit and then allowing yet another goal from Man Utd after a handball. I never said Man Utd deserved anything from the game, I'm just disgusted by the horrible standards in the EPL nowadays. How many games had been filled by horrible decisions already this year?

And what about me being a Man Utd supporter? What are you trying to say there? That means I have no right to complain about the referee because one of the decision that the referee had made is against us?

Like you have said, it's not easy to become a referee for Premier League games and that's why I don't want to see them ruin the games like that. For instance you were threw into jail for something you have not done and were only released after a year after everything were clarified and everyone tells you that being a police/judge isn't as easy as you think and you should let them be?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Would you be complaining if the scores were reversed? No. End of.

I wasn't saying you said Macheda's goal was legit, it was an example of you only highlighting the Chelsea goal which isn't even the referee's decision, it's the linesman, plus it's hard for the referee to see if he's offside as he'll be focusing on the player with the ball before he passed it to Drogba so won't see his position off the ball to see if he's offside.

And wow, talk about paranoid. I only referred to you being a United supporter because your not going to say your own team's goal should of been disallowed.

And that example is completely unrelated to this, and is on a different scale of importance, plus if you're getting jailed, it's unlikely the judge will of seen what you've done, unlike a referee.

You seriously are quite naive if you think being a referee is easy.

Would you be complaining if the scores were reversed? No. End of.
To be fair. If the scores were reversed and our winner was clearly offside, he wouldn't be complaining but you and most chelsea fans would.:P

And how would you know about that I wouldn't be complaining? I just wanted to watch a game without any controversy and **** like that, that's all. It totally spoils the game and would just be the excuse of other people for some time. Like how everyone is still talking about the Chelsea game in last year's CL semi final, like how everyone is still talking about Rooney's "dive" in Arsenal's home game against Man Utd. I just want to watch a game without stupid referees decision affecting the results, that's all. Is that something wrong to hope for?

Okay, so the linesman is wrong and the referee had to follow his decision. Fair enough I must say. Like how one of the ministers did something horribly wrong and your Prime Minister approved of it but yet it was the minister's fault and had nothing to do with the Prime Minister because IT IS ONE OF THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD!

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

You seriously are quite naive if you think being a referee is easy.

I never said that being a referee is easy. I'm saying that IF i can get away making stupid decisions in my job then yes, I would most certainly :wub: to be a referee, because I wouldn't be getting blamed for it, and still getting my pay.

And how would you know about that I wouldn't be complaining? I just wanted to watch a game without any controversy and **** like that, that's all. It totally spoils the game and would just be the excuse of other people for some time. Like how everyone is still talking about the Chelsea game in last year's CL semi final, like how everyone is still talking about Rooney's "dive" in Arsenal's home game against Man Utd. I just want to watch a game without stupid referees decision affecting the results, that's all. Is that something wrong to hope for?

Okay, so the linesman is wrong and the referee had to follow his decision. Fair enough I must say. Like how one of the ministers did something horribly wrong and your Prime Minister approved of it but yet it was the minister's fault and had nothing to do with the Prime Minister because IT IS ONE OF THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD!

You wouldn't be complaining because you would be happy with the final result, because you're a Man Utd fan.

By the way Taylor, I'm not saying I wouldn't be complaining, I'm just saying that he's moaning about the decisions saying he could do better and all this, when he wouldn't give two ***** if it was reversed.

You sir are a complete fool of the highest order. I bet the only reason you want to be a referee is because you're not going to amass to anything else in your life worth noting.

I wasn't saying you said Macheda's goal was legit, it was an example of you only highlighting the Chelsea goal which isn't even the referee's decision, it's the linesman, plus it's hard for the referee to see if he's offside as he'll be focusing on the player with the ball before he passed it to Drogba so won't see his position off the ball to see if he's offside..

And I didn't even highlighted Chelsea's goal. I'm just moaning about the refereeing standard, that's all.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

You sir are a complete fool of the highest order. I bet the only reason you want to be a referee is because you're not going to amass to anything else in your life worth noting.

You sir are a complete fool of the lowest standard. I bet the only reason you want to be a human is because you're not going to amass anything else in your life worth noting.

I don't understand you people. So the referee has the divine right to make whatever decision he pleases because IT IS ONE **** OF A JOB? And no one can complain about the decisions? And I have no rights to be complaining about the decision because I happen to be a Man Utd fan and the refereeing decision didn't go our way?

If that's all you guys can think of then yes, I will stop posting then. No one here would even want to make any constructive posts, rather than just insulting me. Not that I'm gonna be crying about it though, unlike some Alex guy =)

Nobody has once said you don't have the right to complain.

And my first post in this thread is simply complaining about the horrible job the referee had done in this game and that my sister could be a better referee in this particular game, that's all. I might be over-exaggerating things a bit, but I never did try provoking a flame war, or pointing out particular decisions in that particular game. And yet you horde of people swarmed on me. Oh yeah, just because I ain't a regular poster here.

how long have you been watching united? cos you must know we've had plenty go our way. look he had a bad game, but refereeing is incredibly difficult. i should now, ive done a bit as rugby ref (strictly low level amateur stuff for under 15's) but i tell you now it is ******* hard. and rugby is a slower game than football.

The silver lining on the incredibly dark cloud that is the winning goal being offside is that hopefully people will give it a rest with the "united get every decision" **** but...............i doubt it.:S

Back