Man Utd v West Brom

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 10K
At least you didn't lose.

I've got a bet on against a friend; Tevez will score more than Rooney (from today on). Hopefully Tevez will drill blackpool today, then my day will be complete :)

Last edited:
disappointing. susprsied at just how unbalanced giigs injury left us. Though you cant factor in Van der Sar having an incredibly rare clanger

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

they were pushing right to the end so the "never say die" attitiude is there.

well I'm not going to say the cutting edge isn't there. And they were pushing right at the end, when they should have been pushing at around the 70th minute

Didn't read DMF's post but a goal will rarely come when we're fired up in the last 6 minutes, the pressing and the effort should begin as soon as we go a goal down

Last edited:
well I'm not going to say the cutting edge isn't there. And they were pushing right at the end, when they should have been pushing at around the 70th minute
the side was totally unbalanced until rooney dropped to the left flank, that was part of the reason we were getting opened up second half

Really bad game for United, they need to learn to cope without Giggs and Scholes as these 2 cannot be expected to play week in and week out as I am really shcoked by the lack of creativity in United's Central Midfield, really Ferguson should have looked to strenghten it rather than buying 2 strikers with targets like VDV on the market

the side was totally unbalanced until rooney dropped to the left flank, that was part of the reason we were getting opened up second half

So we can say that the players are not good enough or not in form. I should have said that the never say die attitude has been reduced???. If Tevez were there I believe Utd would have won.

Really bad game for United, they need to learn to cope without Giggs and Scholes as these 2 cannot be expected to play week in and week out as I am really shcoked by the lack of creativity in United's Central Midfield, really Ferguson should have looked to strenghten it rather than buying 2 strikers with targets like VDV on the market
eh? none of that was the problem in the game. scholes wasnt even on the pitch for the two goals. in fact the problem had nothing to do with creating chances whatsoever. it came down to an rare goalkeeper error, and not having a winger to come in off the bench after giggs injury, leaving the side unbalanced and open down the left which west brom exploited incredibly well

I had already been stressing that we can't win with our current squad. The best we can hope for this season is 2nd position and a good season from our youngsters so that we can build on from it.

And this is an extremely disappointing result. What's with us throwing away two goal leads within minutes every single game? What's the point of having a 2 goal cushion then?

eh? none of that was the problem in the game. scholes wasnt even on the pitch for the two goals. in fact the problem had nothing to do with creating chances whatsoever. it came down to an rare goalkeeper error, and not having a winger to come in off the bench after giggs injury, leaving the side unbalanced and open down the left which west brom exploited incredibly well

oh lol I was just recounting United's main weakness generally as this match they were totally unlucky and should have won tbh.. I am praying that Chelsea can exploit this by getting a result tonight against the Villians

Fantastic result for WBA, what are United doing at the moment. Sounded like a really good game, end to end in the last half an hour.

I seem to remember when we beat West Brom 6-0 a lot of United fans were saying things like, 'Oh it's only West Brom'. 'You couldn't possibly have had a easier start' etc. Looks like thats come back to bite you on the ***.

Indeed. It seemed to be the general consensus that WBA wouldn't give anyone any trouble this season.

I have posted some examples below...

I Thnk this is a good result, and a great score line, but i wouldnt get to excited by it, they beat a yoyo club, who will be relegated at the end of the year.

yeah i can. i watched the game as the first 3 goals game from not knowing to defend from set pieces. i mean they couldnt even keep a wall together. hence good win but nothing more, and again certainly nothing to brag about, exactly why ancelloti downplayed it. much tougher tests ahead

I dont think anyone doubts that on your day your older players are a match for anyone in the league and can batter almost everyone, but it is whether they can do it for 60 games in 9 months. I think to simply dismiss the fears because of a game against a championshp quality side is rather silly.

Dad had 5-0, Chelsea scored in the 89th minute :(

Well played Chelsea, it is only West Brom but a good result nonetheless. Look a lot like they did last year and I am sure Ramires will only strengthen the side. Weak link looks like the right back position, Ferreira was awful, Ivanovic would be a better choice to play there (not sure why he isn't actually). Oh and whatever happened to Bosingwa he seemed a good right back.

...to name a few.

The lack of creativity wasn't a problem today but the CM's weren't good at all with anderson giving the ball away and I don't even want to talk about Carick.

Yeah United fans have been overconfident but we can't praise Chelski no matter how well they play, it's in the DNA.

Last edited:
Really, brilliant as in getting the ball and passing it to the nearest player.

That's his job. Ball retention. It's what a centre midfielder of his type does nowadays, and he did it superbly. He's the passer of the destroyer-passer-creator triangle, and I'm not surprised you thought he didn't do well. Often, the passer is criticised.

Really, brilliant as in getting the ball and passing it to the nearest player.
his job is to keep possession ticking over. and he only misplaced 3 passes all game

...to name a few.

i stand by everything i said. West Brom are a yoyo club which United should be hammering rather easily. Lets not forgot both of there goals where mistakes by utd, rather the WBA class. This shows how bad of a state utd are in rather then how good WBA are.

Back