Manchester City vs. Manchester United - 30.04.2012

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 216
  • Views Views 16K
Do it like what?

So you share my sentiment that Evra looks tired and maybe not finished but you know where im going.

Ignoring mistakes (too many for a player of his calibre) Evra is shattered, he has played a ridiculous number of games in recent years. Fabio isnt ready so either we bring quality cover in, or we go all out and get a top class replacement.

Well, if the story that Utd are ready to offer £5.2 million for him is true, it wouldn't be robbery-would just be outright theft lol

Cant be true, that would be the bargain of the last 5 years.

Cant be true, that would be the bargain of the last 5 years.

Tell me about it. But it was pretty much reported in quite a few articles either last week or the week before, that our cash situation is that bad we'd pretty much have to accept it as once again we're going to have to sell to buy. Tbh though, it pretty much depends on our managerial situation more than anything too imo

Well, if the story that Utd are ready to offer £5.2 million for him is true, it wouldn't be robbery-would just be outright theft lol

You might aswell pay Utd if thats the case!!!

You might aswell pay Utd if thats the case!!!

Well, I wouldn't mind if Fergie threw in a few players into the bargain lol. The players we've got from Old Trafford in the past have done sterling for us and put us back on the footballing map and made us a force to be reckoned with again. Without them, god knows where we'd be right now.

Well, I wouldn't mind if Fergie threw in a few players into the bargain lol. The players we've got from Old Trafford in the past have done sterling for us and put us back on the footballing map and made us a force to be reckoned with again. Without them, god knows where we'd be right now.

Already thrown everton all his deadwood ;)

Have a feeling Sparky will pull out all the stops to at least try to ensure City don't win the title-he'd absolutely hate to see his side lose to his former clubs rivals and lift the title

I would probably enjoy seeing Hughes' face after losing to Manchester City, but then again I want QPR to get something and stay up. Torn between the two.

Do it like what?

If they win the title, it's because we blew it. 8 points clear, I had the cigars out and the champagne on ice...that feels like years ago now. City were dropping points, playing poorly...now all of a sudden we're level on points with them because we couldn't defend against Everton and we lost to relegation fodder.

I tell you what, I envy you Chelsea fans right now...(the only time I'll ever say that I might add)...that's how bad I feel :'(

Ferguson seems to be getting slaughtered for playing defensively (not so much on here).
I don't think we went out there to defend we were just completely outplayed in my opinion.

I tell you what, I envy you Chelsea fans right now...(the only time I'll ever say that I might add)...that's how bad I feel :'(

I certainly dont. They are 6th in the league :)

If they win the title, it's because we blew it. 8 points clear, I had the cigars out and the champagne on ice...that feels like years ago now. City were dropping points, playing poorly...now all of a sudden we're level on points with them because we couldn't defend against Everton and we lost to relegation fodder.

Its unusual for a fergie side to lose ground like this it really is. My explanation, this side just is not anywhere good enough. That and the fact other premierleague sides have improved making it harder to win games but the former is my main point. You look at Clichy today i thought he was brilliant and i have never rated him, he has learnt more and improved more at City in this one season than he did in 8 at Arsenal. Every tackle City went into they just wanted it more, at one point Tevez disposessed Rooney about 20 yards away from Citys goal!!

I certainly dont. They are 6th in the league :)

But in two finals and looking the form side at the moment, really hard to see us losing at this moment. I think that's what he means.

absolute ******* ***** tonight, got ourselves to blame, title done and dusted for those who have had to thrown millions at it to be where they are.

absolute ******* ***** tonight, got ourselves to blame, title done and dusted for those who have had to thrown millions at it to be where they are.

My argument was always that Utd were so far in front of everyone that the only "quick" way to rival them was to spend money.

My argument was always that Utd were so far in front of everyone that the only "quick" way to
rival them was to spend money.

Let's all praise those who have to find themselves who find a sugar daddy and spend millions to rival us then shall we?

Its unusual for a fergie side to lose ground like this it really is. My explanation, this side just is not anywhere good enough. That and the fact other premierleague sides have improved making it harder to win games but the former is my main point. You look at Clichy today i thought he was brilliant and i have never rated him, he has learnt more and improved more at City in this one season than he did in 8 at Arsenal. Every tackle City went into they just wanted it more, at one point Tevez disposessed Rooney about 20 yards away from Citys goal!!

Not really, despite being a "poorer side" we've scored more goals than in recent seasons, and we are sitting on 83 points, an incredibly high tally. We've suffered a ridiculous number of injuries ( the most in teh league) compounded by the fact we simply haven't strengthened in certain areas. It's taken a side littered with world class talent just to match us. If were arent good enough then its a damning verdict on the rest of the league this season.

Let's all praise those who have to find themselves who find a sugar daddy and spend millions to rival us then shall we?

Not praise but it is not that easy to assemble a side that you have just bought and stuck together. City have had money since 2008 and won only 1 trophy. Chelsea have had money since 2004 and have not dominated Europe or even England although we have had more success. Liverpool have spent way over 150million since last January but besides winning the Carling Cup on penalties against a Championship side (not slating Cardiff or Liverpool just mearly stating the facts) they have been shockingly poor in the league. Real Madrid for years have gone down the "throw money around" route only to be upstaged time and time again by homegrown Barca F.C. Money does not guarantee success.

Not really, despite being a "poorer side" we've scored more goals than in recent seasons, and we are sitting on 83 points, an incredibly high tally. We've suffered a ridiculous number of injuries ( the most in teh league) compounded by the fact we simply haven't strengthened in certain areas. It's taken a side littered with world class talent just to match us. If were arent good enough then its a damning verdict on the rest of the league this season.

That is what i mean, the side is not good enough i.e the whole squad not just your starting 11 and maybe 4-5 subs. This Man Utd team on the whole does not match other Man Utd sides for me, nowhere near.

That is what i mean, the side is not good enough i.e the whole squad not just your starting 11 and maybe 4-5 subs. This Man Utd team on the whole does not match other Man Utd sides for me, nowhere near.

It wont match the 2006-2009 side because we lack a holding passer. That said, its still out scored it. So it depends on what you are comparing it to.

Back