Manchester City vs. Manchester United - 30.04.2012

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 216
  • Views Views 16K
United were terrible. No shots on target. But even then, their fans need to stop writing the title off because City still need to play Newcastle away.

This will go right down to the wire. If Newcastle pull a draw with City and United beat Swansea we go 2 points clear again. As much as I'd hate to see City win the league, it has been the most exciting league championship for a loooooong time.

United were terrible. No shots on target. But even then, their fans need to stop writing the title off because City still need to play Newcastle away.

And QPR won't be easy either. They've shown they can cause problems for the bigger clubs (not taking into account Chelsea's backlash lol)

This will go right down to the wire. If Newcastle pull a draw with City and United beat Swansea we go 2 points clear again. As much as I'd hate to see City win the league, it has been the most exciting league championship for a loooooong time.

To be honest, I cannot remember such a competitive season in the PL for such a long time. There's been some great seasons, but this one's been the most enjoyable for me by a long, long way. You've had everything. Controversy, shocks....basically everything thrown into the mix. Going to be gutted when the season ends

The writing was on the wall the moment we played Park. The fact that we play Park tells you that we need an aggressive industrious central mid. Fletcher is no world beater, but its games like this that make him important when he is at his peak. Ferguson must find out if he will return to full fitness next season. If not, buy a replacement. As Carl would say, simple as that. Winning your duels, whether they are aerial duels, ground duels; tackles and interceptions, all need to be won before you can think of your passing game. Even pass masters barcelona understand it, for all the plaudits of their attacking play, its all based on how quickly they regain the ball when they do lose it.

And QPR won't be easy either. They've shown they can cause problems for the bigger clubs (not taking into account Chelsea's backlash lol)

QPR will be very easy as they are away, may have been different if City had to travel to their pad on the final day and QPR needed a result to stay up. On the game and Utd really were **** poor, when i saw the line-up it was easy to see that Fergie wanted to out number them in the midfield but Tevez and Aguero came back to help out and they were just too good for Utd's midfield. Saying that City wean't brilliant today either but done what they needed to do. I have not really watched many Utd 90 minutes this season but today Jones and Evra looked amateur, Rooney when he did get the ball was very very sloppy too. We all know Utd will bounce back and more than likely win their last 2 games, so for me the pressure is still all on City.

The writing was on the wall the moment we played Park. The fact that we play Park tells you that we need an aggressive industrious central mid. Fletcher is no world beater, but its games like this that make him important when he is at his peak. Ferguson must find out if he will return to full fitness next season. If not, buy a replacement. As Carl would say, simple as that. Winning your duels, whether they are aerial duels, ground duels; tackles and interceptions, all need to be won before you can think of your passing game. Even pass masters barcelona understand it, for all the plaudits of their attacking play, its all based on how quickly they regain the ball when they do lose it.
I hold my hand up i was pleased when park was selected usually good in these games but after watchin that think he will be gone at end of season,hope vidiv and fletcher are back next seas.

I hold my hand up i was pleased when park was selected usually good in these games but after watchin that think he will be gone at end of season,hope vidiv and fletcher are back next seas.

If there not they have major injuries/illnesses lol.

QPR will try, but inevitably City's confidence from this result will force them to cave in. Expect some Dijbril Cisse theatrics and a Joey Barton lunge.

Should go out and get someone like a Fellaini. Someone who can play multiple positions and can bang the ball in the back of the net. Someone who can dictate play and can also be used in a forward role too similar to Cahill. Rodwell wouldn't work as it appears he's going to have an injury plagued career-seems that way anyway. If I was SAF I'd also make LB a priority too. Get a Baines-eque player who can whip the ball in, can also play LM and can adjust whenever he needs to. Someone like Baines, but with someone with better defensive positioning as that at times has let Leighton down at times.

City winning the league is inevitable, I can deal with that....but they can't do it like this, please no....this would be worse than the invincible's season :(

Should go out and get someone like a Fellaini. Someone who can play multiple positions and can bang the ball in the back of the net. Someone who can dictate play and can also be used in a forward role too similar to Cahill. Rodwell wouldn't work as it appears he's going to have an injury plagued career-seems that way anyway. If I was SAF I'd also make LB a priority too. Get a Baines-eque player who can whip the ball in, can also play LM and can adjust whenever he needs to. Someone like Baines, but with someone with better defensive positioning as that at times has let Leighton down at times.

I'd rob Baines off you in a heartbeat.

Could not agree more with you!!! Fellaini is such a brilliant player, i have rated him for years. Can play a number of roles both defensively and offensively, worth 25-30 mill in my opinion.

QPR will try, but inevitably City's confidence from this result will force them to cave in. Expect some Dijbril Cisse theatrics and a Joey Barton lunge.

Have a feeling Sparky will pull out all the stops to at least try to ensure City don't win the title-he'd absolutely hate to see his side lose to his former clubs rivals and lift the title

City winning the league is inevitable, I can deal with that....but they can't do it like this, please no....this would be worse than the invincible's season :(

Do it like what?

So you share my sentiment that Evra looks tired and maybe not finished but you know where im going.

Not so bothered. I believe the Man City confidence will cause them to slip up at Newcastle. Then their upset over losing/drawing against Newcastle will cause them to slip up at QPR.
I hope.

Well, if the story that Utd are ready to offer £5.2 million for him is true, it wouldn't be robbery-would just be outright theft lol

Back