Manchester City vs. Manchester United - 30.04.2012

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 216
  • Views Views 16K
Should go out and get someone like a Fellaini. Someone who can play multiple positions and can bang the ball in the back of the net. Someone who can dictate play and can also be used in a forward role too similar to Cahill. Rodwell wouldn't work as it appears he's going to have an injury plagued career-seems that way anyway. If I was SAF I'd also make LB a priority too. Get a Baines-eque player who can whip the ball in, can also play LM and can adjust whenever he needs to. Someone like Baines, but with someone with better defensive positioning as that at times has let Leighton down at times.
I've heard that Bains would be available for 6m punds. That would be a steal. When's his contract ending ?

The writing was on the wall the moment we played Park. The fact that we play Park tells you that we need an aggressive industrious central mid. Fletcher is no world beater, but its games like this that make him important when he is at his peak. Ferguson must find out if he will return to full fitness next season. If not, buy a replacement. As Carl would say, simple as that. Winning your duels, whether they are aerial duels, ground duels; tackles and interceptions, all need to be won before you can think of your passing game. Even pass masters barcelona understand it, for all the plaudits of their attacking play, its all based on how quickly they regain the ball when they do lose it.

Even if Fletcher were to come back to fitness, would he be at his best? Would he still have all that energy that epitomized his play? I really wouldn't be really on him or Anderson. I'd reckon we'd need at least 2 more CMs just to improve the depth in the area. Martinez would be the best option out there for us but I am not sure we have the resources to spend big on him.

I've heard that Bains would be available for 6m punds. That would be a steal. When's his contract ending ?

I think it runs out summer 2015. I think. And I've just been reading more into this and he's said he's staying at Everton until his contract runs out. Which pretty much rules out him leaving and kills off those stories

I think it runs out summer 2015. I think. And I've just been reading more into this and he's said he's staying at Everton until his contract runs out. Which pretty much rules out him leaving and kills off those stories
I won't believe that. We need Bains, so I'm expecting from Fergi to make some cheeky bid, like 5m + Owen for Bains.

I won't believe that. We need Bains, so I'm expecting from Fergi to make some cheeky bid, like 5m + Owen for Bains.

Wouldn't mind Owen, which may surprise people. Still has something to offer and I'm sure DM could get it out of him. But being realistic can't see it because I doubt we could afford his wages. Would have to offload a couple more players I suspect

Even if Fletcher were to come back to fitness, would he be at his best? Would he still have all that energy that epitomized his play? I really wouldn't be really on him or Anderson. I'd reckon we'd need at least 2 more CMs just to improve the depth in the area. Martinez would be the best option out there for us but I am not sure we have the resources to spend big on him.

I agree. Fletcher might not be the same. He was out for a few months a while ago, lost some weight and wasn't his best. He's going to be out for longer this time and probably lose more weight. Might not be the same. And I worry that the same thing might happen with Vidic. That he wont be the same footballer again.
I would love Martinez. I would also love Hazard and Ganso or Lucas Moura. But that's just me.

Wouldn't mind Owen, which may surprise people. Still has something to offer and I'm sure DM could get it out of him. But being realistic can't see it because I doubt we could afford his wages. Would have to offload a couple more players I suspect
Tbh, Owen seems like a really nice guys who plays with his heart and not with his pocket. I doubt he would mind a smaller wage as long as he plays like 10-15 games. He can still produce goods, but we really don't need him. It's a shame..

I dont know, personally I think he is finished, and I hate to say it. As for fund, we're after Hazard (why we are is totally beyond me). Martinez is a rare talent and has a clause of 35m though bilbao would settle for 30m. make the the bid and put the question to him. I would also sign Ilicic from Palermo.

Tbh, Owen seems like a really nice guys who plays with his heart and not with his pocket. I doubt he would mind a smaller wage as long as he plays like 10-15 games. He can still produce goods, but we really don't need him. It's a shame..

If that was the case he wouldn't have left Liverpool.. Nor would he be content with a place in the United reserves.

If that was the case he wouldn't have left Liverpool.. Nor would he be content with a place in the United reserves.
Well, he left L'pool cuz you couldn't win the league :P
Anyway, he seems like a nice guy.

Let's all praise those who have to find themselves who find a sugar daddy and spend millions to rival us then shall we?

FFS have some humility. If you'll notice most of the United fans on here have praised City or at least admitted they have been just as good as United this year. Every post I see from you seems to bring City's finances into the equation somehow and it's pretty much just sour grapes of the highest order. Fact is very few teams get to the highest level without spending money (with a few exceptions)

Anyway I don't think United should throw in the towel just yet. City have two very tough games, especially Newcastle away. I think they will win it now but it's not over yet. Investment needed for United in summer, they are lacking slightly in midfield compared to recent years, although they've still rivalled a very good City side all the way this year so it can't be such a bad team!

Congrats to City.

BTW money alone can't buy a title (see PSG, Malaga)

Not really, despite being a "poorer side" we've scored more goals than in recent seasons, and we are sitting on 83 points, an incredibly high tally. We've suffered a ridiculous number of injuries ( the most in teh league)

I dont think Utd has had worse injury problems than Arsenal

Last edited:
I will congradulate City when/if they win the tittle, but i will ALWAYS blame ourselfs for losing the lead against Everton. We stupid *****.

FFS have some humility. If you'll notice most of the United fans on here have praised City or at least admitted they have been just as good as United this year. Every post I see from you seems to bring City's finances into the equation somehow and it's pretty much just sour grapes of the highest order. Fact is very few teams get to the highest level without spending money (with a few exceptions)

Anyway I don't think United should throw in the towel just yet. City have two very tough games, especially Newcastle away. I think they will win it now but it's not over yet. Investment needed for United in summer, they are lacking slightly in midfield compared to recent years, although they've still rivalled a very good City side all the way this year so it can't be such a bad team!

I'm not in the business of praising rivals so that's out of the question.

I also haven't yet thrown in the towel but from where we are now it's going to be difficult to come out on top.

This sucks. I didn't feel this down after our recent encounters with Barca, our home trashings against City or Liverpool...I'm just drained of optimism right now.

Has Sir Alex or any of the players apologised?

I wont congratulate them if they win the title.

Congrats to City.

BTW money alone can't buy a title (see PSG, Malaga)

I dont think Utd has had worse injury problems than Arsenal

We went into the season with Anderson, Cleverley, Carrick and Fletcher as our main CMs. Anderson and Cleverley were phenomenal in the early games, but now we have literally played almost the whole season without either of them. Fletcher was hopefully going to return, but now it looks like he might even retire, so we're now 3 of our main CMs for the season that haven't played. When Vidic had his only run in the team, we conceded 1 in something like 8 games, yet we have missed him for yet again basically the whole season. How would Arsenal have coped without TV5, Arteta and Song all season? It's a wonder we're still joint with City on points at this stage of the season considering their squad is much stronger in the first place, and ours has been decimated by injury for the whole season, the team deserve every credit for the fact alone.

This sucks. I didn't feel this down after our recent encounters with Barca, our home trashings against City or Liverpool...I'm just drained of optimism right now.

Has Sir Alex or any of the players apologised?

Why should they? defeats happen. What matters is recovering from it, not some apology.

Back