Manchester United set to complete £16m deal for Blackburn's Phil Jones

• Thread starter Thread starter leke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 6K
one hamstring injury in december =/= severe tendonitis. Medicals are very strict and easy to fail.

United simply chose to ignore the warnings with hargreaves and believed the risk was worth it at time, couldnt have forseen it would get so bad (Steadman called it the worst case he had ever seen)

Depends, they've got a big call. At his age, it could just get worse.

Been listening to Radio Lancashire and not a single mention about Phil Jones failing a medical, weird #twitterumour

How can a player fail a medical when he's about to go to an international tournament. Load of bull.

Apparently it's an Arsenal fan who's said he has a mate in Bolton that started this rumour. Don't believe it for a second.

one hamstring injury in december =/= severe tendonitis. Medicals are very strict and easy to fail.

United simply chose to ignore the warnings with hargreaves and believed the risk was worth it at time, couldnt have forseen it would get so bad (Steadman called it the worst case he had ever seen)

But is it worth the risk when you have Smalling and Evens already there?
Medicals are done for a reason and it would be stupid to splash £15 + mil on him now. At least get the price down.

How can a player fail a medical when he's about to go to an international tournament. Load of bull.

Apparently it's an Arsenal fan who's said he has a mate in Bolton that started this rumour. Don't believe it for a second.

very easy to fail a medical, depending on the criteria of the club

And with Owen too, basicly Utd dont bother with medicals now days lol. If so id imagine they will sign the lad anyway.

And with Owen too.

yeah and with Owen too, though his contract is almost pay as you play, certainly not the 130k a week newcastle were paying him

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

And with Owen too, basicly Utd dont bother with medicals now days lol. If so id imagine they will sign the lad anyway.

I suspect after hargreaves the club is being extra cautious, if this is to be believed

yeah and with Owen too, though his contract is almost pay as you play, certainly not the 130k a week newcastle were paying him

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

I suspect after hargreaves the club is being extra cautious, if this is to be believed

Oh i take the point he is on a pay as you play deal but he has to be on some sort of basic wage too, this is Owen we are on about and if he only plays 10games a season how can he afford to feed his horses lol. Id assume he is on atleast 50k a week basic wage.

Oh i take the point he is on a pay as you play deal but he has to be on some sort of basic wage too, this is Owen we are on about and if he only plays 10games a season how can he afford to feed his horses lol. Id assume he is on atleast 50k a week basic wage.

oh yeah its about 45-50k, with high appearance and goals bonuses

OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay
For those asking re Phil Jones #MUFC deal, he's just arrived at England U21 camp and he's in high spirits. "Rumour" appears to be rubbish.

Who to believe?

Seems like twitter bs atm. I'm sure that if he had failed a medical then Sky Sports and major journo's would have been all over it by now.

OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay
For those asking re Phil Jones #MUFC deal, he's just arrived at England U21 camp and he's in high spirits. "Rumour" appears to be rubbish.

Who to believe?

Buxton writes for the Mirror IIRC, Kay for the Times. I know who i back for now

I doubt he's failed, but if he has that should be good news for us. It would be all over Sky Sports, BBC, etc. by now, as CtPauley said. I expect it would go through anyway, even if he failed the medical.

wait for tomorrow and see whats on sky/manutd.com ;) i think its bs...will have to wait and see

Last updated 10 hours ago, what relevance does that article have?
If he had failed the medical, that would of been replaced in the 'new articles' section or edited, so that's what relevance it has.

If he had failed the medical, that would of been replaced in the 'new articles' section or edited, so that's what relevance it has.

Or the BBC hasnt got confirmation about whether it has or hasnt been successful yet, so they arent going to jump the gun on a twitter rumour. I could agrue why have they not updated it to say it was successful.

You guys worry too much, anyone can start a rumour. As far as I'm concerned it's BS until a reputable source comes along not some random guy sitting at home.

Back