Manchester United v Chelsea|18th Sep 2011| Sunday 4pm kick off| Old Trafford

Agreed with the decision on Cole, maybe not the fact it was only a yellow card but since the ball was out of play when the contact happened then not giving a penalty was the correct decision.

It was a great game to watch.

Well that was ******* horrible to watch. I put £10 on Utd to win 3-1, and was tempted to make a cheeky £5 bet on Torres to score... As you can imagine, I was ******** myself throughout the second half... somehow I managed to get £130 from tonight. Score.

Well that was ******* horrible to watch. I put £10 on Utd to win 3-1, and was tempted to make a cheeky £5 bet on Torres to score... As you can imagine, I was ******** myself throughout the second half... somehow I managed to get £130 from tonight. Score.

Torres missing the open goal must have been a relief.

Great game, not much to add that hasn't already been said.

Nani had another great game, he has really matured in the last season. Has managed to mould his obvious talent into a real asset for United, other than just showing frustratingly infrequent flashes of his ability. Far more of a team player than Ronaldo, doesn't get as many goals but his assist record is impressive.

Also IMO Torres will have a much better season this year, the reason being Mata. From what I have seen of him he is what Chelsea have been needing, a creative wide player who will find pockets of space and play slide rule passes through to the runners. IMO this is what Torres thrives on, and when he gets his sharpness and confidence back I could see Mata- Torres being a very effective partnership.

Great game, not much to add that hasn't already been said.

Nani had another great game, he has really matured in the last season. Has managed to mould his obvious talent into a real asset for United, other than just showing frustratingly infrequent flashes of his ability. Far more of a team player than Ronaldo, doesn't get as many goals but his assist record is impressive.

Also IMO Torres will have a much better season this year, the reason being Mata. From what I have seen of him he is what Chelsea have been needing, a creative wide player who will find pockets of space and play slide rule passes through to the runners. IMO this is what Torres thrives on, and when he gets his sharpness and confidence back I could see Mata- Torres being a very effective partnership.

Nani is a world class winger, pure and simple. he has really come into his own the last year or so. He destroyed Cole today, I dont think Ronaldo ever achieved that against him

Nani is a world class winger, pure and simple. he has really come into his own the last year or so. He destroyed Cole today, I dont think Ronaldo ever achieved that against him

In all fairness to Ronaldo, Cole is on the decline (Baines for England #3!). Not taking anything away from Nani, though, who I think is an awesome player, would be even better without the diving.

Tbh the best thing about Nani is he apart of the attack not THE attack. We built ourselves around Ronaldo, Fantastic player but as it turns out, if he had a bad game we had a bad game. After seeing Chelsea last night I have to say that they are gonna only get better with Torres and Mata. Coles tackle was a disgrace, another penalty? Unlikely he didnt impede Hernandez's shot and the ball went out of play, whether we like it or not the call was correct from the referee aside from possibly it being red instead of a yellow (up for debate I guess). We could of used an experienced head in Defence, whilst Jones has been outstanding, Evans has been average and both let Torres in on goal, something that will need to be rectified, I cannot see Torres being as hapless at stamford bridge.

Not sure Cole's tackles was a "disgrace" - he mistimed it but it was a genuine challenge, however nasty it turned out.

Tbh the best thing about Nani is he apart of the attack not THE attack. We built ourselves around Ronaldo, Fantastic player but as it turns out, if he had a bad game we had a bad game. After seeing Chelsea last night I have to say that they are gonna only get better with Torres and Mata. Coles tackle was a disgrace, another penalty? Unlikely he didnt impede Hernandez's shot and the ball went out of play, whether we like it or not the call was correct from the referee aside from possibly it being red instead of a yellow (up for debate I guess). We could of used an experienced head in Defence, whilst Jones has been outstanding, Evans has been average and both let Torres in on goal, something that will need to be rectified, I cannot see Torres being as hapless at stamford bridge.

It wasen't a disgrace, it was a poor challenge yes but i dont think it was intentional. Also if you look back a few pages you will see why a penalty couldnt have been given and as for another penalty justice was done when Rooney missed his because it was a sensational tackle by Bosingwa.

It wasen't a disgrace, it was a poor challenge yes but i dont think it was intentional. Also if you look back a few pages you will see why a penalty couldnt have been given and as for another penalty justice was done when Rooney missed his because it was a sensational tackle by Bosingwa.

Im a United fan, my opinion maybe biased, Im more annoyed at the prospect of one of my players being injured from Coles Recklessness. Im aware of why the penalty was not given.

Im a United fan, my opinion maybe biased, Im more annoyed at the prospect of one of my players being injured from Coles Recklessness. Im aware of why the penalty was not given.

It was reckless but i genuinly feel there was no intent by Cole.

First of all I would like to say this was a fantastic game of football, very open and expressive from both sides and it could have gone either way

The worst part for me is that it so easily could have been Chelsea going in 3-0 up at the break but Man Utd took their chances we did not and that was the deciding factor, still very pleased to have got the goal after the break, showed our mental character

And Torres-Mata link up was very effective, Torres is looking more and more like the striker he was when he first came to England, creating chances for himself and the confidence is slowly coming back

Cant wait when we face each other again

It was reckless but i genuinly feel there was no intent by Cole.

there doesnt need to be intent for a red card though, which it should have been. The Boswinga tackle was spot on, a penalty decision was harsh

there doesnt need to be intent for a red card though, which it should have been. The Boswinga tackle was spot on, a penalty decision was harsh

Oh yer i never said it shouldnt have been a red card. It should have been but i dont think the ref knew exacly what happened and booked Cole on the Utd players and crowds reaction.

Villas-Boas also appeared to accept that it was a poor challenge.

Really? Cole went for the challenge because linesman failed to spot offside.?

Sir Alex Ferguson still dissatisfied despite United beating Chelsea | Football | The Guardian

I think what he is trying to say is at that moment Chelsea had been hard done by which would have changed the mood of the players to "its us against Utd and the officials today". Saying that i feel its just AVB's sneaky way of having a go at the officials without actually having a go at them while taking the pressure off his player if you get my drift. I think Cole would have gone for that challenge whether it was 0-0, 3-1 or even if Chelsea were 5-0 up, he is that type of player that just wants to win and never gives up.

I think what he is trying to say is at that moment Chelsea had been hard done by which would have changed the mood of the players to "its us against Utd and the officials today". Saying that i feel its just AVB's sneaky way of having a go at the officials without actually having a go at them while taking the pressure off his player if you get my drift. I think Cole would have gone for that challenge whether it was 0-0, 3-1 or even if Chelsea were 5-0 up, he is that type of player that just wants to win and never gives up.

Ya I got what you meant there, but still I thought it was unnecessary.

Would like to see if FA can ban for him for saying "its us against Utd and the officials today"

Ya I got what you meant there, but still I thought it was unnecessary.

Would like to see if FA can ban for him for saying "its us against Utd and the officials today"

No-one said that lol, im saying thats how the Chelsea players may have felt at halftime that may have changed some of the players actions.

No-one said that lol, im saying thats how the Chelsea players may have felt at halftime that may have changed some of the players actions.

I thought Guardian filtered his words lol.

Yeah can understand Chelsea players feeling that way, but would have liked AVB to just say "Cole didn't mean to injure or there was no malice intended" something like that.