Manchester United v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 12K
Also.. Torres kicking the penalty spot and going in strong on park.. if that were Vidic or Rooney, they'd have been sent off. Torres was a stroppy little girl today and Gerrard was completely non existant.

Was nothing malicious with Torres' challenge on Park, was unlucky to get a yellow for it to be honest. Why would Vidic or Rooney of been sent off for it if it was them?

Saying the ref was the biggest factor today is ****. Liverpool were rubbish and didn't deserve anything from the match.:S They had two shots on target all game.:$

We played badly today, but United were nothing special.. You had 12 men, it's as simple as that.. Fair enough if you had won through playing decent football but you didn't, United had one good play all game, that was Park's goal, apart from that it was a boring game, if anything we should have got the win but Torres wasn't at his best.

Also.. Torres kicking the penalty spot and going in strong on park.. if that were Vidic or Rooney, they'd have been sent off. Torres was a stroppy little girl today and Gerrard was completely non existant.

How could anybody get sent off for it? Torres had every reason to be angry.. United were fouling all over the pitch and getting away with. Same for Kuyt, Fletcher comes in with a tackle from behind on Lucas(?) so Kuyt comes in, maybe a little hard, but gets the ball, Fletchers kicks out at him, and not even a booking?

Although fair point about Gerrard, he was about as non-existant as Rooney today :)

Strikers usually get let off because they don't actually know how to tackle.

We played badly today, but United were nothing special.. You had 12 men, it's as simple as that.. Fair enough if you had won through playing decent football but you didn't, United had one good play all game, that was Park's goal, apart from that it was a boring game, if anything we should have got the win but Torres wasn't at his best.

How could anybody get sent off for it? Torres had every reason to be angry.. United were fouling all over the pitch and getting away with. Same for Kuyt, Fletcher comes in with a tackle from behind on Lucas(?) so Kuyt comes in, maybe a little hard, but gets the ball, Fletchers kicks out at him, and not even a booking?

Although fair point about Gerrard, he was about as non-existant as Rooney today :)

What a load of bollocks. It wasn't a particularly great game but we had the better of it and deserved to win. United were the better team end off. You want to make up pathtic excuses about the ref fair enough if thats how you want to deal with a defeat. :P

Rooney scored and held up the ball very well.:P

What a load of bollocks. It wasn't a particularly great game but we had the better of it and deserved to win. United were the better team end off. You want to make up pathtic excuses about the ref fair enough if thats how you want to deal with a defeat. :P

Rooney scored and held up the ball very well.:P

It's his opinion that the Ref had a poor game and you're saying it's a pathetic excuse despite numerous other members of the forum saying the same (Including a Man U fan)?

I haven't seen the penalty but it obviously influenced the Manchester United win so Liverpool fans have a right to moan ^_^

It's his opinion that the Ref had a poor game and you're saying it's a pathetic excuse despite numerous other members of the forum saying the same (Including a Man U fan)?
Blaming the ref for a defeat where you played **** and didn't deserve anything is pretty pathetic in my opinion......

And the united fan i think is justkituno...

Blaming the ref for a defeat where you played **** and didn't deserve anything is pretty pathetic in my opinion......

So you wouldn't if in a similar situation, I know I would.

Well to be fair it shouldn't have been a penalty, it should have been a free kick (If that). So going by that logic Man U didn't deserve it either as they could only take one opportunity that should have stood.

So you wouldn't if in a similar situation, I know I would.
Do what? blame the ref when we didn't deserve anything? i'd hope not.:P

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Well to be fair it shouldn't have been a penalty, it should have been a free kick (If that). So going by that logic Man U didn't deserve it either as they could only take one opportunity that should have stood.
oO) going by what logic?

My logic is we were the better team so deserved the win, that doesn't change at all based on wether the penalty decision was given or not.:S

You may have been the better team, but the decision was given incorrectly, which in the balance of things would have made it a draw, if the game had played out exactly the same, which it wouldn't!

the game may have turned out differently if that decision was made in the correct way. No one knows how it would have gone, but it would have been different!

So Liverpool fans have the right really to feel that they may have come out with something if that wasn't given. Giving United the momentum for the rest of the game.

which roles us on to referees being ****! again :P

My mistake, For some reason I had the argument that the taking of chances makes you deserving (Must have been from a previous match report thread).

I accept it was not a penalty, but what annoys me is saying the referee was biased and favours United. I said before from where I was sitting there was no doubt in my mind it was a penalty. Give the ref a break. I don't understand anyone saying Liverpool deserved to win, yes it was a **** game but United had the best of it.

I accept it was not a penalty, but what annoys me is saying the referee was biased and favours United. I said before from where I was sitting there was no doubt in my mind it was a penalty. Give the ref a break. I don't understand anyone saying Liverpool deserved to win, yes it was a **** game but United had the best of it.
(H) Well said.

It's annoying that it's getting said it was 12 men. Really, he got a few decisions wrong like all refs do and he got one major decision wrong but i really doubt anybody calling him biased would be able to tell that it was outside the box. At full speed it looked like it was easily within the box.:S

I would agree by saying united deserved to win the game from how the game panned out!

but before the penalty was given, it was pretty much even stevens with liverpool still in the lead!

so the bad refereeing decision has affected the run of play, which is why liverpool feel aggrieved.

i know i would be!!! and have been many times in the past when its happened to me!

Wow! I never knew 19-11-08 was this biased, he is as bad as Scott (actually no...no he isn't). The referee did favour United all game, no doubt about that. Not just for the penalty but multiple decisions went United's way... as always. But you just got to get on with it, I mean we all knew Howard Webb was gonna favour United today so why moan about it now?

Wow! I never knew 19-11-08 was this biased, he is as bad as Scott (actually no...no he isn't). The referee did favour United all game, no doubt about that. Not just for the penalty but multiple decisions went United's way... as always. But you just got to get on with it, I mean we all knew Howard Webb was gonna favour United today so why moan about it now?
Mate, i don't give a **** how biased you think i am.:S

The ref got a decision wrong, i admit that but liverpool were rubbish and didn't deserve anything from the match.(K)

Really mate i think it's just because of your bias that you think so many decisions went your way.:S

Stop talking *****, look at the stats use had like 3 chances and one on target which use scored from.

Yet before the penalty decision it was even, if not we were the better side :S

Basically...

no one can say anything against the opinion of man united or their supporters?!

glad i now know ;)

Back