Manchester United v Newcastle United- Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously i hope newcastle pick some points up but i will go with a 2-0 man utd win.

As a toon fan im going to be realistic and say 3-1 to Newcastle (6) just kidding, im hoping for a 1-1 draw again. Nani with the first and a late Carroll equaliser.

Come on you strong and mighty red warrior kings of mancunia.

(6) :p :d ;) (k) <) (a) ^^) (h)

4-1 United I reckon. Obviously hope the toon win but I can't see it happening.

Manchester 4:0 Newcastle

Rooney 21'
Rooney 34'
Hernandez 67'
Valencia 89'

Harper

Perch --- Williamson --- Collocini --- Enrique

Guthrie --- Barton --- Nolan --- Smith --- Gutierrez

Carroll
* Bring Routledge And Lovenkrands on later on in the match to run at tired legs
* Get some early challenges in to show that we will be taking no **** in midfield :D

Lol... Dont be all confident Man U fans... tbh i think newcastle can win, they are full of confidence, and remember the pressure is in manutd ;)

Manchester United need to conserve the possession and not allow players such as Nolan,Smith and Gutierrez get the ball and,most likely,shut out the supply to Carroll,especially aerially.

Then look to exploit the flanks with the pace of Valencia and Nani/Giggs' creativity to skin Perch and Enrique.Play aggressive tackling to control what looks like a talented midfield from Newcastle and keep Barton grounded.

I would say after that the scoreline is 3-1 to Manchester United.

Harper

Perch --- Williamson --- Collocini --- Enrique

Guthrie --- Barton --- Nolan --- Smith --- Gutierrez

Carroll
* Bring Routledge And Lovenkrands on later on in the match to run at tired legs
* Get some early challenges in to show that we will be taking no **** in midfield :D

if he does tell them that, i wouldnt want to be the one marking smith or barton. theyre bad enough without encouragement ;) tell them that and they will probably snap scholes' legs off

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Manchester United need to conserve the possession and not allow players such as Nolan,Smith and Gutierrez get the ball and,most likely,shut out the supply to Carroll,especially aerially.

Then look to exploit the flanks with the pace of Valencia and Nani/Giggs' creativity to skin Perch and Enrique.Play aggressive tackling to control what looks like a talented midfield from Newcastle and keep Barton grounded.

I would say after that the scoreline is 3-1 to Manchester United.

and of course tell them to throw a few insults at barton. wont take long to **** him off enough to get sent off

Lol... Dont be all confident Man U fans... tbh i think newcastle can win, they are full of confidence, and remember the pressure is in manutd ;)
the pressure is always on united, and they thrive on it. newcastle are confident, but so are united at old trafford, after beating chelsea 3-1 which is always a good thing, friendly or not.

just noticed you support liverpool and leeds, hence why you think united fans shouldnt be confident

i reckon we'll go in at half time 0-0.. Fergie will rip into them and it will finish 3-0

Manchester United are always pressured in games.Non-stop.

If we lose then all the merrier for people who hate us but we play up to the pressure tags and thrive on it,then,we take it on and prove to everyone time and time again we still have what it takes to get the job done.

Mmmkay?

Team News from BBC SPORT Website

Manchester United remain without long-term injury victims Owen Hargreaves and Anderson, with both midfielders absent with knee injuries.
Centre-back Rio Ferdinand is also out with a knee problem.
Newcastle striker Andy Carroll has been declared fit to lead the line, while former Red Devil Alan Smith is expected to shake off an ankle injury.
But Leon Best, Danny Simpson (both ankle), Steven Taylor (shoulder) and Dan Gosling (knee) will all miss out.

Manchester United
Injured: Anderson, Ferdinand, Hargreaves (all knee)

Newcastle
Doubtful: Smith (ankle)
Injured: Best & Simpson (both ankle), Gosling (knee), S Taylor (shoulder)

Team News from BBC SPORT Website

Manchester United remain without long-term injury victims Owen Hargreaves and Anderson, with both midfielders absent with knee injuries.
Centre-back Rio Ferdinand is also out with a knee problem.

Newcastle striker Andy Carroll has been declared fit to lead the line, while former Red Devil Alan Smith is expected to shake off an ankle injury.
But Leon Best, Danny Simpson (both ankle), Steven Taylor (shoulder) and Dan Gosling (knee) will all miss out.

Manchester United
Injured: Anderson, Ferdinand, Hargreaves (all knee)

Newcastle
Doubtful: Smith (ankle)
Injured: Best & Simpson (both ankle), Gosling (knee), S Taylor (shoulder)

Basically what the OP says :p

Man Utd 4-1 Newcastle for me.
Berbatov Nani Scholes Chicharito - Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.