Manchester United Vs Arsenal | EPL| 28th Aug | KO: 1600

Question for Liverpool fans - Still glad you didn't sign Ashley Young? ;)

Id loved Ashley young, i said that before today... But its not all that bad as we have Downing who is also playing well so far for LFC :)

Top 4 teams last year, which team would N'Zobia get in at LW/RW?

United? No.
Chelsea? No.
Arsenal? No.
Manchester City? No.

See?

And I didn't just say Baines I listed a load of examples, top four teams most of the time have more talented players playing in PL teams. And I didn't compare wingers/goalkeepers/midfielders I compared Gibbs, I can't see why you would pick up the comparison between Gibbs/Half of the PL's left backs as being flawed?

It's entirely logical, you expect Arsenal to have a certain level of left back. Clichy beat all of the mid table comparisons (Again, in my opinion) but Gibbs just doesn't.

It was painful. ManU looked great and Arsenal were ****. To be fair they gave up after the 4th goal and then Wenger took at Coquelin so there was no one playing defensive mid (just Ramsey and Rosicky playing high up as center mids) so ManU was bound to run up the scoreline. ManU completely controlled the middle because Arsenal did not have a natural DM out there (as I've been saying, more than anything they need another DM for when their three, or four if you include Wilshere, are unavailable). They had a CB sitting behind two attacking midfielders. Coquelin did a decent job but as soon as he was taken off they couldn't stop the attack through the middle. But Traore is pathetic. Jenkinson was pretty good going forward but poor at defending. And Djorou had his worst game ever. Koscielny also played poorly. The fact that Arsenal had only 42% possession with 11 men showed how poorly they played, that's very unlike Arsenal. Even when they're terrible they almost always have more possession than their opponent.

Thought ManU's back four wasn't too good today but the only first teamer was Evra. Their attack was frightening, it looks like Rooney returned to form and Young was amazing. Haven't seen him play too much but should be starting every game for England. The Prem this year will be a race between the two Manchester's with Liverpool in third and Chelsea and Arsenal fighting for that 4th spot. Chelsea has been just as bad as Arsenal in the first 3 games and they're very lucky to have 7 points.

Last edited:
might seem like it now, but sacking Wenger really isn't the answer.

Surely we've been **** in the last two league games, but I don't think Arsenal shown anything more than us in this season. I think it'd be either Chelsea coming 4th and Spurs and Arsenal battling for 5th, or it would be Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal battling for 4th.
Manchester should be on the top, with Liverpool FC coming 3rd.

Surely we've been **** in the last two league games, but I don't think Arsenal shown anything more than us in this season. I think it'd be either Chelsea coming 4th and Spurs and Arsenal battling for 5th, or it would be Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal battling for 4th.
Manchester should be on the top, with Liverpool FC coming 3rd.

So Chelsea have no chance against Liverpool? :S

They hadn't the best game in those three games so far, but surely, things can change, even for Arsenal, with some signings in those last days of transfers window.

Chelsea need to improve at the back before they can consider pushing for top 4.
Against Norwich and West brom they looked far too easy to get behind and exploit, a team with more lethal forwards would of really punished them. Chelsea were lucky against Norwich it has to be said, peno and then a goal basically given to Mata.

Arsenal are falling apart and pretty quickly, Frimpong was the difference against Liverpool. He kept their already weak defence safe for much of the game, as soon as he got sent off the goals and chances came.

City and United are looking pretty solid for top 2, only team I can see pushing one of them out atm is Liverpool if they can gel a little more and keep up some decent form. I can see Chelsea sorting out their back line though, so top four for me is City/United top 2 and Chelsea/Liverpool 3rd and 4th.

On topic, little disappointed by United.
Should of scored double what they did.

Chelsea need to improve at the back before they can consider pushing for top 4.
Against Norwich and West brom they looked far too easy to get behind and exploit, a team with more lethal forwards would of really punished them. Chelsea were lucky against Norwich it has to be said, peno and then a goal basically given to Mata.

Arsenal are falling apart and pretty quickly, Frimpong was the difference against Liverpool. He kept their already weak defence safe for much of the game, as soon as he got sent off the goals and chances came.

City and United are looking pretty solid for top 2, only team I can see pushing one of them out atm is Liverpool if they can gel a little more and keep up some decent form. I can see Chelsea sorting out their back line though, so top four for me is City/United top 2 and Chelsea/Liverpool 3rd and 4th.

On topic, little disappointed by United.
Should of scored double what they did.

Based on two matches? Bosingwa/Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz and Cole looks pretty **** strong to me... I think that's stronger than Liverpool's back line on every position, maybe Agger could get in there though if fit.

Based on two matches? Bosingwa/Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz and Cole looks pretty **** strong to me... I think that's stronger than Liverpool's back line on every position, maybe Agger could get in there though if fit.

I agree that they're stronger players in each position, just during the games they've played they have been far too easy to get behind for the level of defenders they have.
I know it's only been two games but with the players they have at the back you'd expect them to atleast be a little more solid when defending. Bigger teams would of punished them badly.

Plus like I said, Chelsea will sort it out and I expect them to be fighting with Liverpool for 3rd and 4th.

I tell you one thing, I cannot wait for the match report on arsenalreport whether it's from Joss or Mantralux..

1 De Gea definitely doesnt make a mistake for the goal
2 Woj had even more time to react than he did and no one says he makes a mistake

Can't we Benfica trade Man U for Arsenal in our Champions league group? :D
Altough this doesn't mean that much, some days things just go uber well to one team and uber bad to another, **** happens as we can say :)