Manchester United vs Leeds

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 229
  • Views Views 11K
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Carling Cup Semi Final 1st Leg for Man Utd Last year this happened :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DtbKHgFVrU

But what happened in the second leg?
5-0 I believe...

Anyways, I hate Leeds about as much as I hate Liverpool, but well played to them. They fully deserved their win. Hopefully we can recover on Wednesday but if he plays the kids I can't see it happening. I think City will win the first leg 2-0 and then we'll play the big guns in the second leg and thump 'em (H)... at least I hope anyway :/

It is about time something didn't go Man Utd's way. There were a couple of penalty decisions and thankfully you didn't get them for once. What was wrong with the keeper? He let in one goal and I didn't see too much else wrong.

Last edited:
People are failing to see the non-existent team spirit at Man Utd, i got the feeling throughout the game that certain players were scared of Wayne Rooney

Valencia, Berbatov and occasionally Gibson were good today. Owen was appalling along with Rooney, both missing easy chances. I expected that of Owen but not Rooney. He didn't look his usual self which is a shame as he can light up the pitch on good form.

He has been in good form as of late aswell.
Only thing we can do is take positives out of it, our defence is back although it wasn't solid at least it was present, and now we can concentrate on the league and UCL more, with the League Cup on the side more than the others, but I'm sure it will take more of an importance now that we aren't in the FA Cup.
Bring on Wednesday lads...

just got back from match fair play to leeds fore defending well but the ref was appauling leeds were just being dirty and Fergie made a mistake in taking anderson off.
But we will bounce back from today and sign somebody we have heard of like Villa and Silva or dzeko

the keeper was shocking today and we need a new one someone like Adler or Akinfieev

Typical utd fan u must have fergielitus leeds were deserved winners and played amazingly. Fergie is a really bad looser and moaned about the stoppage time what a joke, im sure he would only be happy if their was 20minutes.

Leeds were not dirty. They were committed unlike their opponents and the definitely deserved to win the game.

i think utd got stuck in aswell, tackles where flying in, just leeds where better

Yeah Brown should of really been sent off

I didn't whatch the match, and to be honest Leeds aren't my favourite team in the world, but I am pleased this is the outcome. My friend is an avid manu fan, and takes the mick out of me all the time about various ****, now it's my turn to rub it in mwahahahahahahah evil ;)

It's just a shame Chelsea won 5-0 otherwise I could of ripped into my mate :(

Looking forward to going back to school now. How may fans are there... 1...2...3..25. :D

we played really well
the referee was so biased to Man U
Beckford and Rooney had similar chances but Beckford scored his -20 goals for the season so far
9000 were louder than 65000 all match
Man U played a strong team
our tackles were hard but fair but Brown should have been sent off
gibson should learn to pass not shoot
howson, kilkenny, naylor, kisnorbo, beckford, ankergren etc were really fired up but Man U couldnt be a***d

It's simple Leeds deserved to win.

United played ok and had they been more clinical it would have been the same old thing, **** performance with a win. United are not feared anymore, even before Ronaldo they were feared but now teams aren't afraid to come and play and it's shown that it can outdo you.

Besides Rooney none of your players strike fear into defenders. I love Berbatov I think he is class, brilliant to watch but sometimes he just cant play at the same pace United do so he gets caught out sometimes.

Owen was awful today also, he's lost his pace and his balance look's ****. A bargain maybe, but a waste of time seems more plausible at the moment IMO. I hope I'm wrong because I hate Chelsea and I'd rather see United win it but I don't see it this year.

It's one thing battering a team and losing but Man Utd were outhought and generally handled by a side 2 leagues below. I'm sure Fergie is scratching his head.

were are all the normal manu fans that are on here when united win? scott ,19-11-08, do they only sing when there winning!lolXDXDXD

leeds were awsome credit were its due saf came out and said how it was bang on leeds wanted it manu couldn`t be arsed, anyone who trys to defend berbatovs 30mill price tag is a joke after that once again utter poor show, as i`ve said before they wasted big money on nani anderson and berbatov when they should have spent on a decent back up to there back 5 just imo!
but thank u leeds utd for sending me back to work with a smile on my face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back