Manchester United vs Leeds

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 229
  • Views Views 11K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for the generic Fergie excuses tomorrow, anyone? :P

Well this is what i think of united team, Obertan has potential just didn't see it enogh, Evans is one **** of a good CB, wes brown used to be good 5 years ago, gary neville - poor, anderson - poor, gibson -poor, should of had flecther on to start with

what a ***** day :'(
Neville - SHOCKINGLY BAD
Anderson and Obertan were both good i thought and Berba was OK but the rest were sht. And there should of been about 10mins of added time even in the first half the leeds goalie was taking 5mins over his kicks :( also looked like we should of had a pen near the end for a foul on Owen but i havent seen a replay

Last edited:
Here's my two shillings, nice and quick.

- Beckford is not the "brilliant" player everyone's describing him as. Just because he scored the winenr against scum does not make him a premiership player. He plays in League 1 and yes he can hit the back of the net, no doubt about it. But his all-round play is pretty sub-standard. First touch is poor, link-up play is poor and he tends to be too greedy SOMETIMES. Will do ok if he goes to Newcastle, will eat my words if he can hack it in the Prem.

- I've heard a few excuses from scum fans about it not being full strength and a bad defence and at the end of the day although we had a strong side out, we still had our first choice left-back, goalkeeper and best player (snodgrass) and max gradel unavailable.

- BBC stats says we had 54% possession. Do I need to say anything about that?

- Last thing, a few scum fans moaning about penalty decisions. I'm not gonan debate the first one on Wellbeck - sometimes they are given and sometimes they're not - nice to see the ref not giving it. Second, the one on Owen was a foul except it was OUTSIDE the box. How anyone can say the ref was against Man Utd is unbelievable: Brown should have been sent off he could have easily had 1 red card and a few yellows in another game, Evans held beckford back when he was last man and didn't even get booked, Brown had hold of Beckford's shirt in the box and was easily a blatant penalty (but apparently you don't get penalties for holding players in the box these days). And overall I thought we played better football - Beckford's chance at the end, Becchio shold have scored his header, Johnson should have done better with his header, Snodgrass hit the post...

All in all, I don't just think we deserve praise for just going ahead and then holding on. But, I think we deserve praise because we took the game to Man Utd and caused them more problems than the futile/negative tactics of teams in the Premiership that play them at old trafford.

This was a longer rant than I thought but I didn't want to leave anything out. Anyway, hope we can beat spuds in the next round.

were are all the normal manu fans that are on here when united win? scott ,19-11-08, do they only sing when there winning!lolXDXDXD

leeds were awsome credit were its due saf came out and said how it was bang on leeds wanted it manu couldn`t be arsed, anyone who trys to defend berbatovs 30mill price tag is a joke after that once again utter poor show, as i`ve said before they wasted big money on nani anderson and berbatov when they should have spent on a decent back up to there back 5 just imo!
but thank u leeds utd for sending me back to work with a smile on my face!
My internet has not been working till today:P

We have decent back up for our defence....better than arsenals.^^)

Wish we didn't play welbeck on the wing, he's ***** there.:(

There's a lot of hate on this thread for united fans:'(. We're just fans like everyone else, we take defeats just as well as other fans but you seem to make out that all we do is come up with excuses and complain.:O

Wasn't a great performance by us:( but we weren't that bad we created a few good chances but we didn't take them and our defending was a bit poor.:S

were are all the normal manu fans that are on here when united win? scott ,19-11-08, do they only sing when there winning!lolXDXDXD

leeds were awsome credit were its due saf came out and said how it was bang on leeds wanted it manu couldn`t be arsed, anyone who trys to defend berbatovs 30mill price tag is a joke after that once again utter poor show, as i`ve said before they wasted big money on nani anderson and berbatov when they should have spent on a decent back up to there back 5 just imo!
but thank u leeds utd for sending me back to work with a smile on my face!

Scott is banned

why was scott banned? i know he was annoying but he`s not that bad did he do something really bad?

19`11`08 personally i would rather have silvestre n senderos than evans n brown i would rather have gibbs n eboure than fabio n rafheal so no imo our back up in defense is better just imo. also fabianski is better than any back up keeper you have^^) imo

he called some1 a ****, for taking the **** out of him. he got a 2 day ban, then it got extended to 2 weeks after tht for no reason. he comes bk on wednesday

senderos is one of the most shocking centre backs to step foot in the premiership. jonny evens is immensely better. utd have better backup then arsenal its simple as that. that is why chelsea and utd are still considered better class then arsenal. ill be honest arsenal play easy on the eye football but they knacker themselfs out come march.

Fair enough then, i still reckon ours is much better........but hey.|)

i agree i think Evans is a very good player, and is only going to get better. i think he can become one of the greatest defenders the english system has ever seen, i watch him and think how is he not starting every week for utd. i think he is on par now with ferdinand and not far behind vidic

Here's my two shillings, nice and quick.

- Beckford is not the "brilliant" player everyone's describing him as. Just because he scored the winenr against scum does not make him a premiership player. He plays in League 1 and yes he can hit the back of the net, no doubt about it. But his all-round play is pretty sub-standard. First touch is poor, link-up play is poor and he tends to be too greedy SOMETIMES. Will do ok if he goes to Newcastle, will eat my words if he can hack it in the Prem.

- I've heard a few excuses from scum fans about it not being full strength and a bad defence and at the end of the day although we had a strong side out, we still had our first choice left-back, goalkeeper and best player (snodgrass) and max gradel unavailable.

- BBC stats says we had 54% possession. Do I need to say anything about that?

- Last thing, a few scum fans moaning about penalty decisions. I'm not gonan debate the first one on Wellbeck - sometimes they are given and sometimes they're not - nice to see the ref not giving it. Second, the one on Owen was a foul except it was OUTSIDE the box. How anyone can say the ref was against Man Utd is unbelievable: Brown should have been sent off he could have easily had 1 red card and a few yellows in another game, Evans held beckford back when he was last man and didn't even get booked, Brown had hold of Beckford's shirt in the box and was easily a blatant penalty (but apparently you don't get penalties for holding players in the box these days). And overall I thought we played better football - Beckford's chance at the end, Becchio shold have scored his header, Johnson should have done better with his header, Snodgrass hit the post...

All in all, I don't just think we deserve praise for just going ahead and then holding on. But, I think we deserve praise because we took the game to Man Utd and caused them more problems than the futile/negative tactics of teams in the Premiership that play them at old trafford.

This was a longer rant than I thought but I didn't want to leave anything out. Anyway, hope we can beat spuds in the next round.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6khLVvtyIE&feature=related"]YouTube- Man United Fans - We All Hate Leeds Scum[/ame]

why was scott banned? i know he was annoying but he`s not that bad did he do something really bad?

19`11`08 personally i would rather have silvestre n senderos than evans n brown i would rather have gibbs n eboure than fabio n rafheal so no imo our back up in defense is better just imo. also fabianski is better than any back up keeper you have^^) imo

Someones got his Wenger goggles on. :O

I'd rather have Silvestre or Senderos than Brown, that's for sure..

well didnt fergie say a few weeks ago that brown was the best defender in england can someone back me up on that.

he said he was the best natural english defender i think.

Really?oO)oO)

Seeing as silvestre was at united and was behind brown in the pecking order and to be honest both those two players are pretty **** (silvestre and senderos). Wes brown is a solid centre back he was marvellous in the double year and was laid off with injury most of last year and has come back and been pretty solid.

Brown gets beat for pace by beckford, and suddenly he is awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back