Manchester United vs Marseille - 15/3 Champions League 2nd Leg

So many people laughed at spending the amount of money we had on an unknown Mexican. We all said that Mexicans couldn't cut it in the PL.. he's been outstanding.. easily a fan's favourite :wub:. Hope he stays for many many years

Hate to say it (It'll probably bite me on the ***) but the jury's still out on spending £7.5m on a completely unknown Bebe from the 2nd Portuguese division.

Still, exciting player for the PL is Hernandez.

And I agree Mike., with a little less skill IMO.

Well me back in this topic just to answer this post

Yeah, Real Madrid got favours from the referees. But seriously? Did you not watch that whole season in the champions league?
They played 1:1 with Chelsea on stamford bridge, and Chelsea weren't awarded like 3-4 penalties if i remember well... And this year's match against arsenal
Arsenal got robbed. And FYI, I've started disliking Real Madrid in the last 2 years due to "getting rid of" club legends like Guti, Raul, Roberto Carlos... Just wonderin who's next...

Ontopic to the guys who say Hernandez is a beast

Must agree, he's been performin higher than expected in most of the matches.

One game of the CL against Chelsea is not the whole CL season. It was that game only. And this year against Arsenal? What games have you been watching? A valid goal from Messi in first leg not taken into account. 2nd leg, another penalty on Messi, first half. That game could have ended 6-0 for all I know. And seriously, do you really think Arsenal should have gone through while attempting 0 shots on goal in the second leg against Barcelona´s 19? Get some glasses.

Its true that RM has been getting rid of some of their legends. Personally the worst case was Raul. He is showing with Schalke that he had at least one good season left. Roberto Carlos as well, but he was old (34 when he left I think), and Guti, well, he had some good games and some bad games, and was also 33-34, and the midfield was apparently well covered. Not easy to make such decisions.

Regarding Chicharito, I must admit he is a great player, but still young. Lets see and HOPE he is consistent and gets better as he gets more seasoned.

Off Topic (A)

But how did Arsene and his vast range of scouts pick up Vela and Miss out on Hernandez :(

Man Utd scouts > Arsenal scouts

Big difference between Hernandez and Bebe. When signing Hernandez, SAF made an informed decision after months of scouting whereas Bebe was more of a gut instinct signing after advice from Carlos Queiroz.

Off Topic (A)

But how did Arsene and his vast range of scouts pick up Vela and Miss out on Hernandez :(

You don't know that AW didn't see him though. He may well have, we were close to signing Ronaldo before Mendes intervened...

Also - Arsenal aren't going to pick up on every good young player.. Utd have just as wide a scouting network I expect.

Off Topic (A)

Vela is still a massive talent, he is still young, he is just a late bloomer I think

One game of the CL against Chelsea is not the whole CL season. It was that game only. And this year against Arsenal? What games have you been watching? A valid goal from Messi in first leg not taken into account. 2nd leg, another penalty on Messi, first half. That game could have ended 6-0 for all I know. And seriously, do you really think Arsenal should have gone through while attempting 0 shots on goal in the second leg against Barcelona´s 19? Get some glasses.

Its true that RM has been getting rid of some of their legends. Personally the worst case was Raul. He is showing with Schalke that he had at least one good season left. Roberto Carlos as well, but he was old (34 when he left I think), and Guti, well, he had some good games and some bad games, and was also 33-34, and the midfield was apparently well covered. Not easy to make such decisions.

Regarding Chicharito, I must admit he is a great player, but still young. Lets see and HOPE he is consistent and gets better as he gets more seasoned.

What about the famous red card to RvP?
Didn't see that did you? I mean if that was deserved, than this football has came down only to the case of who can pay the referee better.

Massimo Busacca 1 - Arsenal 0

Oh and about that CL season, they got referee help in the final against united, against chelsea in leg on stamford bridge, and I can't remember, but i'm pretty sure they got help in the first leg as well..

I'm guessing you're a barca fan aren't you?

I do agree, Barca are currently the best team in the world, but to say that they don't get often help of the referees? That would be lying.

One **** of a player, is Hernandez. Only saw highlights of the match, but he's a proper English goalpoacher but with more strings to his bow. He's a hard worker and seems to have a decent work ethic too. All the ingredients to become one of the best.

Hopefull that Vela does Well at wba and comes back next season a better player :)

That kid's got a very, very bright future ahead of him. Even if he doesn't become the best forward at a global level, he'll defo be top 5. He's already in a top 20 of sorts in my eyes.

What about the famous red card to RvP?
Didn't see that did you? I mean if that was deserved, than this football has came down only to the case of who can pay the referee better.

Massimo Busacca 1 - Arsenal 0

Oh and about that CL season, they got referee help in the final against united, against chelsea in leg on stamford bridge, and I can't remember, but i'm pretty sure they got help in the first leg as well..

I'm guessing you're a barca fan aren't you?

I do agree, Barca are currently the best team in the world, but to say that they don't get often help of the referees? That would be lying.

I didnt say anything about RvP. It was a harsh red card as I did claim in some other thread. Even against 11 players, Barcelona did outplay Arsenal. Thats a fact. And we can all start discussing about WHAT IF.... The fact is that Barcelona outplayed and knocked Arsenal out.

Got favoured against ManU in the final? Never heard a Man U fan claiming that. Fair game and difficult for a referee. And you dont have any other examples because you dont really know.

As in regards of being of a Barca fan. Not really. I am a FOOTBALL fan, and I like Messi, and how Barcelona plays, among other teams that play associative football. Thats it. I also like RM plays, but Barcelona is a bit superior atm. Just that...

And good teams dont need that much help from referees in the long run. And that goes for any team.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are they not the same thing?

No. Hard worker, as in works hard in a match, finds space, hassles opponents. Work ethic refers to how hard he trains, and his general desire to succeed.

I probably didn't make it clear enough though, been reading Lance Armstrong's biography and he talks about the difference between the two a lot.