Manchester United vs Marseille - 15/3 Champions League 2nd Leg

Remind me, how much did you lose against them in the final in 2009?

I know they had help from the referees during the whole competition (as they still do) but remind me of the final scoreline

How has that got anything to do with a 2 legged tie... and 2009 in that game we lost 2-0 to the best side in the world, and we had an off day.

A bit of both

I know you played 1:0 at home (you won 1:0 at home) and played 0:0 away.

But that was like 3 years ago, while half of United players had more stamina, more pace and more energy to pull of something like that, and Barca weren't even close to being the strongest team in Europe / in the world back then
sigh, they were favourites that season, which was two season ago, and its largely the same squad....

get your facts right, and dont troll...

How has that got anything to do with a 2 legged tie... and 2009 in that game we lost 2-0 to the best side in the world, and we had an off day.
Well it has. sort of. not really
This was neutral ground.

Imagine what would have actually happened if it was Camp nou.

Manchester United and CR7 need to cross paths eventually.. I bet we'll get Real Madrid

This was neutral ground.

yeah, we drew, or do you not get the point...

A bit of both

I know you played 1:0 at home (you won 1:0 at home) and played 0:0 away.

But that was like 3 years ago, while half of United players had more stamina, more pace and more energy to pull of something like that, and Barca weren't even close to being the strongest team in Europe / in the world back then

And Vidic has become a better player since 2009... We have developed this little player called Herdanez. Park will never lose stamina, You can say we lost ronaldo, but he was hardly a key factor in them 2 games, he missed a pen, and was largely quite at OT. We have developed as a side since 2008 as well, Valencia has joined, Nani has become a better player.

sigh, they were favourites that season, which was two season ago, and its largely the same squad....

get your facts right, and dont troll...

Err right, oh and I'll stop trolling when you stop behaving like Manchester United are gods of football, the invincible

And Vidic has become a better player since 2009... We have developed this little player called Herdanez. Park will never lose stamina, You can say we lost ronaldo, but he was hardly a key factor in them 2 games, he missed a pen, and was largely quite at OT. We have developed as a side since 2008 as well, Valencia has joined, Nani has become a better player.

touche, i'll give you credits here, you are right. But also, barcelona have developed since 2008 as well.

now are you trolling or trying to miss the point? espiecially since that was at a neutral venue in a one off game, and not a two legged tie...

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

maybe so, but we would keep it tighter away and causr all sorts of trouble at home. not saying we could be favourites, but the odds would be closer than i feel you give us credit for

Whether you can/would win over 2 legs is not really my point tbh. I would almost expect Utd to beat Barca at home - they're by no means invincible and we did it through doing what Utd are so good at. I still don't think you could win away from home though, nor do I think you'd go to win the game but that's another point.

The odds would be very close over 2 legs. Utd are possibly the only team in the world right now (Maybe RM?) who could beat them over 2 legs imho. Any other side would need a big slice of luck or 2 exceptional performances.

This was neutral ground.

We drew 0-0 and did reasonably well troll.
Leave this **** to Scott please... at least he knows when and how to do it :p

This was neutral ground.

it was a final... we lost. It is like me saying, if we got them now, it would defo be 1-0 and 0-0 cause that happened in 2008,it has no bearing on this season at all.

Err right, oh and I'll stop trolling when you stop behaving like Manchester United are gods of football, the invincible

touche, i'll give you credits here, you are right. But also, barcelona have developed since 2008 as well.

Never said they havent... Off course they have developed. But you are talking like United would have no chance, why no-one i saying that about Barcelona.

no you'll stop trolling. perfectly good debate going on from both sides

Never said they havent... Off course they have developed. But you are talking like United would have no chance, why no-one i saying that about Barcelona.

THey would have much more chance at home than away - that's what i'm trying to say

Now leaving the topic due to being infracted by mr. Mike for 'trolling'
see ya

A top class European official, Who had a very good game that night, in difficult circumstances..?

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I'm not saying anything really, just a funny coincidence.

lol, though he is known for being a controversial ref in both of the last world cups

Haha

THey would have much more chance at home than away - that's what i'm trying to say

Now leaving the topic due to being infracted by mr. Mike for 'trolling'
see ya

No-one has ever denied Barcelona would have more chance at home, i think everyone kinda knows they would be favourites, but it doesnt Mean United should fear them, or arent capable of beatinf them at the Nou camp or Over 2 leggs.

One thing i'd like to say is Hernandez is a beast, a player so clinical our top scorer is on the bench...

One thing i'd like to say is Hernandez is a beast, a player so clinical our top scorer is on the bench...

He's so intelligent. I'm really worried as an Arsenal fan of his future. He's going to be top-class. Prior to Arsenal, he'd score something like 11 goals from 14 shots on target? You'll correct me if I'm wrong.