Manchester United's Rafael charged for...

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Manchester United's young Brazalian right back Rafael has today been charged for improper conduct by the F.A for... Not leaving the field off play straight away following his debatable sending off yesterday against Tottenham Hotspur.

My views, complete and utter bollocks! what player leaves the field straight away?

link to come.

Last edited:
That is just an excuse to back the referee's terrible decision indirectly.

Agree with you mate, it's United so the FA will come down hard on Rafael others will say Utd fans moaning again

Its not complete bollocks at all. first of all he asked the ref to book a spurs player which is not nice. Then when he got sent off he was standing in the refs face shouting at him. Any footballer than acted the way he did yesterday would be charged.

Meh, nobody gets away with it to be fair.

Well according to the experts here, United are favored by FA and Fergie has a say in all matters.

On topic though, i thought it was deserved. You just can't bad mouth Ref like that and kick mic on his way out. This sends wrong impression. Good that he was fined so that he will cut down in the future. I like it though. I love his aggression.

What a joke, first he gets sent off for two very soft yellows and now he gets charged for protesting. FA must be trying to cover up Mike Dean's all round poor performance yesterday. They might as well charge Rooney as well as tbh his behaviour was worse.

Its not complete bollocks at all. first of all he asked the ref to book a spurs player which is not nice. Then when he got sent off he was standing in the refs face shouting at him. Any footballer than acted the way he did yesterday would be charged.

He was questioning the referees decision which was wrong though, he may have been shouting be he was asking why he was sent off and the referee should be telling him why because there was no explanation for the second yellow at all.

Steven Gerrard ;)

Can't really comment on this, only saw the first booking.

The first tackle was definately a yellow and could have been a red although he got the ball it still went in with his studs showing. But yellow was deserved, The second ekotto ran across him and the clipped heels on the crossover, without a doubt the ref has to give a free kick but no yellow card was needed and the referee was wrong.

I'm **** sure, him asking for card is nothing to do with him being charged. And he did what was done to him. Did you see how Bale and co surrounded ref asking for Red card?

what? he asked the ref to book the Spurs lad as the challenge on him was worse than the one he got booked for, I don't like to see it but its something a lot of players do. You see red cards every weekend and 90% of the players who see red stand and argue afterwards but how many of them then get charged by the F.A?

Yeah he waved the pretend yellow but with he first booking the spurs players surrounded the ref to get him booked which isn't much different.

Well, it wasn't really supposed to be a sending off, so charging him with improer conduct seems immorale if they look at the replays.

But then again, he did take his time.

That is just an excuse to back the referee's terrible decision indirectly.

Wasn't a terrible decision. Let's think about it logically. Rafael's first tackle was easily worth 1.5 yellow cards, if not a red, and the second yellow was a foul, therefore 0.5 yellows. Anyway, he was there for a ****** long time, he wasn't going to change the refs decision :S

The first tackle was definately a yellow and could have been a red although he got the ball it still went in with his studs showing. But yellow was deserved, The second ekotto ran across him and the clipped heels on the crossover, without a doubt the ref has to give a free kick but no yellow card was needed and the referee was wrong.

To be fair though taking anybody down is risky when you're on a yellow.

Well according to the experts here, United are favored by FA and Fergie has a say in all matters.

On topic though, i thought it was deserved. You just can't bad mouth Ref like that and kick mic on his way out. This sends wrong impression. Good that he was fined so that he will cut down in the future. I like it though. I love his aggression.
i can see why he reacted like that, but the point is he shouldnt have. should be a fine and nothing more though

Yeah he waved the pretend yellow but with he first booking the spurs players surrounded the ref to get him booked which isn't much different.

yer i agree it was just as bad but thats one thing we hate about refs is the consistancy. But that still dosen't excuse Rafael of his actions.

Fully deserved and not surprising. It was a debatable sending off but that's not the point. The point is that you can't shout in a referees face and completly disrespect him. The FA introduced the respect the referees campaign and Rafael has clearly not shown the ref respect. Therefore he must be punished.