MANUMAD's box of sweets

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 288
  • Views Views 62K
That's what I love about FM, there are so many different ways to play. Take a Blue Square Bet team to the Premeirship, play your favorite club, play a moneybays rich team, try to win the Club World Cup with an MLS team, play in South America, etc.

That's what I love about FM, there are so many different ways to play. Take a Blue Square Bet team to the Premeirship, play your favorite club, play a moneybays rich team, try to win the Club World Cup with an MLS team, play in South America, etc.

True,that is probably the reason why we all love FM,you can take your local club to glory(Finnish second level of football team that is just promoted for me)or you can make your fantasy team,take a mid-table team to glory and so much more :)

The monaco save is an interesting challenge as they want you to win the league that is pretty much the same as the one in Ligue 2 so it is really hard.That is why i bought Xavi and many people that have proven their worth but i still am not sure if i can win :S

@MANUMAD was looking at your tactic on page 9 (i think) the 5-4-1 with overload but I am having trouble understanding the layout would you be able to just post a screenshot to help out? Cheers

1. Very nice!
2. I only tried with WOLFSBURG but it was horrible. In the same save I also managed Belgium and I managed to come 2nd in EUROS and then win the WC! It was so bad I actually resigned from WOLFSBURG in my fourth season in frustration! Maybe my tactics dont work in GERMANY, maybe I built the squad wrongly, I dunno. Im actually thinking to start a new save with KARLSRUHE from the 3rd div as the best save I ever had was on FM12 with BIELEFELD from the same division.

Are you using your overload tactic with Karlsruhe

Odd,on my save Dortmund and Bayern drop points constantly(or did,Bayern has not lost in a month at least)

Could you give me a link to the world league you use as there are so many.

Also,start a save with editor data that has Monaco in Ligue 1 with their transfers,you have 200 million transfer budget (6)

1. I'll look for the world league and copy a link here.
2. I'm not using LFC Marshal's update as I say above so Monaco have only about 35m. Anyway I've already had two saves with them...

1. I'll look for the world league and copy a link here.
2. I'm not using LFC Marshal's update as I say above so Monaco have only about 35m. Anyway I've already had two saves with them...

It was not LFC Marshal´s update.I think i found it in here but not sure.

Are you using your overload tactic with Karlsruhe

1. Haven't started a Karlsruhe save yet.
2. My wb based overload tactic doesn't always work. Or work "by itself". Plus with a lowly team it ll have to be tweaked to very rigid and only be used in league matches if I want to achieve instant success in the cups

@MANUMAD was looking at your tactic on page 9 (i think) the 5-4-1 with overload but I am having trouble understanding the layout would you be able to just post a screenshot to help out? Cheers

Dunno how to do that.

I'm away from the game now (actually lying down on a bed by the sea sipping cocktails(H)) but from memory it's as follows:

gk
ld bpd
wbr attack-dip def - wbl defend
Bwd defend - cm auto
Treq/am attack
dlf support on the right of attack and poacher attack on the left

Dunno how to do that.

I'm away from the game now (actually lying down on a bed by the sea sipping cocktails(H)) but from memory it's as follows:

gk
ld bpd
wbr attack-dip def - wbl defend
Bwd defend - cm auto
Treq/am attack
dlf support on the right of attack and poacher attack on the left

Fair enough (H)

does it look like this? :)

View attachment 371474

Streamlined a bit maybe. But I'm really enjoying it.

You are making me tempted to start a new save,but i already have three i want to play and found an interesting soviet league database :'(

You are making me tempted to start a new save,but i already have three i want to play and found an interesting soviet league database :'(

seen it too mate. Don't start a new save on top of those. Devote yourself to them plan them out and build something.

Hey man, have you ever used Santos GK Rafael? How do you rate him? Looking to upgrade my GK on my Altetico Madrid save as Sergio Asenjo is awful at one-on-ones. My scouting team rate Rafael very highly. I'm also looking at Sergio Romero.

Hey man, have you ever used Santos GK Rafael? How do you rate him? Looking to upgrade my GK on my Altetico Madrid save as Sergio Asenjo is awful at one-on-ones. My scouting team rate Rafael very highly. I'm also looking at Sergio Romero.

He's quite good actually ...

I also like Romero who I have more experience of. Also look at Marchetti. He's not young maybe but he's awesome ...

Also Benoit Costil/Ruffier/Mandanda.

Like 24m euros good? That's what my scouts say it will take to get him, Romero should be cheaper.

For 24m Id try to get Ter Stegen mate.

Though, if Stegen is not available or you wanna do something else for a change get him (isnt there a non eu limitation in Spain tho - if so better not "waste" it on a keeper as there are others who are also quite good.

Last edited:
Back