Didnt have you down as a Yank to be frank (and from Texas at that!). Im from a tiny sunny beautiful island in Europe called CYPRUS mate.

I'm originally from the great, pork-producing state of Iowa if that makes it any better. To be fair, I find Cyprus just as shocking.

I'm originally from the great, pork-producing state of Iowa if that makes it any better. To be fair, I find Cyprus just as shocking.

1. Slipknot yeah!
2. I know Im half English really ... (btw Im shocked you ve even HEARD of Cyprus!).

For an American, I'm surprisingly adept at Geography. Also, there wasn't a team from Cyprus who had a shocking run in the Champions League, what two years ago?

For an American, I'm surprisingly adept at Geography. Also, there wasn't a team from Cyprus who had a shocking run in the Champions League, what two years ago?

Yup, there was! I was there all the way mate - beating Porto, Zenit St Petersburg and Lyon! Never thot Id ever see something like that in my life (almost comparable to Barcelona 99' when again I was there in the Nou Camp - I decided to make three bets before the match Utd to lose half time win full time, correct score 2-1 to Utd and Solskjaer to score but only went thru with the first two cos I thot it too much. Didnt manage to see any of our goals as I spent the last 10 minutes sitting looking at the floor and speaking to God telling him I didnt want to win the bets just draw at least so that we could have extra time. When we scored about 15 people jumped on me and dazed as we were we missed Solskjaer's winner - but I still won a cool 960 quid on my two bets).

You can enjoy APOEL NICOSIA'S highlights here:

1. Fan power:

ΑΠΟΕΛ - Dare To Dream [Champions League] - YouTube

2. Eurogoals APOEL/CYPRUS programme:

APOEL Eurogoals - YouTube

3. Highlights - vs Porto/Lyon

APOEL porto 2 1 all goals CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - YouTube
APOEL vs Lyon 1-0 (4-3 penalties) - YouTube

And the most amazing thing is that we had to go through 3 preliminary grounds before we went into the Groups! A first in CL history.

Showed that belief, organisation and preparation can triumph!

A TACTICAL APPROACH

okay ill just set it up here instead. here is the pic you wanted (i think)View attachment 375460
Ok mate:Is this your only tactic? - keep it (BEING A COUNTER TACTIC) but make another two:

TACTIC ONE - OVERLOAD "narrow" (ie winger less)

1. Use the tactics creator.
2. Forrmation as follows (see post 229)GK - CB Def CB Def - DLP Def in front of them - WB L Att WB R Att - BWM Def and CM Supp in front of them an AM attack - then two attackers a DLF supp on left and Poacher Att on right - unless he's left footed whereby you need to flip them around.
3. FLUID - PASSING MORE DIRECT - CREATIVE FREEDOM MORE EXPRESSIVE - DRILL CROSSES - MORE ROAMING.
4. OVERLOAD mentality.
5. SHOUTS ALWAYS: get stuck in + hassle+exploit the flanks + get ball forward (these are very important from the start)
6. OIs by your ASSMAN (but check every 15/20 mins).
7. Watch matches on extended at least and keep looking at OIs and at players getting yellow carded (when they do instruct them to tackle easy to avoid red cards).

NOTE:

1. Will not always work necessarily. But: look at the scout reps - if tactics faced where the opposition concedes the most is one which is narrow or has wingbacks then use your narrow tactics.

2. Teams - esp big ones dont like it when you play aggressively and energetically. You WILL suffer fitness wise (esp on wb position)/card wise but Ive beaten Barca (repeatedly)/Juventus (sometimes)/PSG (repeatedly and comfortably)/ Milan (absolutely rout them usuall) etc with it.TACTIC TWO - ADAPTABLE1. Go to the following website and download the "shout" version of the tactics tiki taka domination extreme:Barcelona Tiki-Taka 4-3-2-1 | Football Manager Tactic | Passion for Football Manager2. Read what passion4fm has to say about the tactics and then read his ideas about how to use touchline shouts here:Football Manager Touchline Instructions - Adapt Tactics | Passion for Football Manager

3. Using his templates make different sets of shouts as follows: attack/defence/win possession/flank attack/middle attack/control tiki taka/score now/ counter/ more direct PLUS a contain one: drop deep/play narrow/keep possession/stay on feet (and remember to add play even safer in game whenever to use it).

4. So basically you should end up with a 451 which can easily adapt (control/standard/attack/defend/counter etc) to different opponents and circumstances even during matches.

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

The above set up means that you will continue to be involved all through matches, before them and after them ensuring total immersion in the game experience, the feeling that you are using your brain and actually influencing the outcome of matches.General training DOES NOT affect tactics directly. Match training has a bigger influence but again indirectly. I like to train alternatively attacking and ball control and match tactics att set pieces (say if I play against a team away in cup matches so that I may get an away goal from a set piece)/def set pieces/att movement (when match training is ball control)/def position against better/more attacking teams.Read scout reports on opponents and based on them chose one of your three formations - eg: if tactics faced show team does badly against a 442 use your 451 and utilise flank attack. Watch matches. Within 25 mins you ll be able to see if stuff is working. If not (because for example you cant get the ball) then utilise your WINPOSS set of tactics. Get a feel of matches and learn to understand that maybe a whole different approach may be needed - eg stop play and change to your overload set up. Or while using the overload set up use say the DEFEND shouts. Wont always work but will do mostly the more you get used to it.Arnd the 85th minute and if leading by the goal then use the CONTAIN set of shouts but also (turn both wbs whichever of the two formations you are using to defend - I even sometimes in the OVERLOAD tactic also pull them all the way back to the fb position.Enjoy!

Last edited:
So you have three different tactics to utilise - one "narrow" one counter and one flexible

okay it was complicated for me the read this so i am not sure if i made it right but the first tactic you are talking about should look like this? View attachment 375525

I have to say this thread is full of great tips on players and on other stuff too.

Didnt have you down as a Yank to be frank (and from Texas at that!). Im from a tiny sunny beautiful island in Europe called CYPRUS mate.
I have been to Cyprus three times and will be going this fall again.A great place :)

okay it was complicated for me the read this so i am not sure if i made it right but the first tactic you are talking about should look like this? View attachment 375525

Yup the formation is right - spot on. Just make sure you get the roles right. Ill try to edit the message asap to ensure it makes more sense.

May not always work tho and it DOES require all the attention I mention.

But as I say Ill try to give more details.

Yup the formation is right - spot on. Just make sure you get the roles right. Ill try to edit the message asap to ensure it makes more sense.

May not always work tho and it DOES require all the attention I mention.

But as I say Ill try to give more details.

the best would be if you could do i like this.

CB - Both Centrebacks are gonna be ball playing Centre backs and then you continu with the next posistion two rows down?

LB - his object is to support the wingers

this was just an example :D

the best would be if you could do i like this.

CB - Both Centrebacks are gonna be ball playing Centre backs and then you continu with the next posistion two rows down?

LB - his object is to support the wingers

this was just an example :D

1. I now EDITED the post to make more sense.
2. I dont trust BPDs - I dont like defenders trying to dribble people!

Alright mate, im Ajax 3rd season after leaving Chelsea for them. I need some young players that are quite cheap. Any positions really just some ideas?

Using LFC Marshall summer update

Ok mate:

Is this your only tactic? - keep it (BEING A COUNTER TACTIC) but make another two:

TACTIC ONE - OVERLOAD "narrow" (ie winger less)

1. Use the tactics creator.

2. Forrmation as follows (see post 229)

GK - CB Def CB Def - DLP Def in front of them - WB L Att WB R Att - BWM Def and CM Supp in front of them - 3 attackers close together : DLF supp in middle, one P att on left (if you have a lfooted attacker otherwise put him on right) and one CF on right (or instead an AM attack/then two attackers a DLF supp on left and Poacher Att on right - unless he's left footed etc)

3. FLUID - PASSING MORE DIRECT - CREATIVE FREEDOM MORE EXPRESSIVE - DRILL CROSSES - MORE ROAMING.

4. OVERLOAD mentality.

5. SHOUTS ALWAYS: get stuck in + hassle+exploit the flanks (these are very important from the start)

6. ASSMAN by your ASSMAN (but check every 15/20 mins).

7. Watch matches on extended at least and keep looking at OIs and at players getting yellow carded (when they do instruct them to tackle easy to avoid red cards).

NOTE:

1. Will not always work necessarily. But: look at the scout reps - if tactics faced where the opposition concedes the most is one which is narrow or has wingbacks then use your narrow tactics.
2. Teams - esp big ones dont like it when you play aggressively and energetically. You WILL suffer fitness wise (esp on wb position)/card wise but Ive beaten Barca (repeatedly)/Juventus (sometimes)/PSG (repeatedly and comfortably)/ Milan (absolutely rout them usuall) etc with it.

TACTIC TWO - ADAPTABLE

1. Go to the following website and download the "shout" version of the tactics tiki taka domination extreme:Barcelona Tiki-Taka 4-3-2-1 | Football Manager Tactic | Passion for Football Manager

2. Read what passion4fm has to say about the tactics and then read his ideas about how to use touchline shouts here:

Football Manager Touchline Instructions - Adapt Tactics | Passion for Football Manager

3. Using his templates make different sets of shouts as follows: attack/defence/win possession/flank attack/middle attack/control tiki taka/score now/ counter/ more direct PLUS a contain one: drop deep/play narrow/keep possession/stay on feet (and remember to add play even safer in game whenever to use it).

4. So basically you should end up with a 451 which can easily adapt (control/standard/attack/defend/counter etc) to different opponents and circumstances even during matches.

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

The above set up means that you will continue to be involved all through matches, before them and after them ensuring total immersion in the game experience, the feeling that you are using your brain and actually influencing the outcome of matches.

General training DOES NOT affect tactics directly. Match training has a bigger influence but again indirectly. I like to train alternatively attacking and ball control and match tactics att set pieces (say if I play against a team away in cup matches so that I may get an away goal from a set piece)/def set pieces/att movement (when match training is ball control)/def position against better/more attacking teams.

Read scout reports on opponents and based on them chose one of your three formations - eg: if tactics faced show team does badly against a 442 use your 451 and utilise flank attack. Watch matches. Within 25 mins you ll be able to see if stuff is working. If not (because for example you cant get the ball) then utilise your WINPOSS set of tactics. Get a feel of matches and learn to understand that maybe a whole different approach may be needed - eg stop play and change to your overload set up. Or while using the overload set up use say the DEFEND shouts. Wont always work but will do mostly the more you get used to it.

Arnd the 85th minute and if leading by the goal then use the CONTAIN set of shouts but also (turn both wbs whichever of the two formations you are using to defend - I even sometimes in the OVERLOAD tactic also pull them all the way back to the fb position.

Enjoy!

so are the roles correct here? (sorry for nagging)
View attachment 375538

Alright mate, im Ajax 3rd season after leaving Chelsea for them. I need some young players that are quite cheap. Any positions really just some ideas?

Using LFC Marshall summer update

Ok

Mateus AML Botafogo (has rel clause I think)
Mateus cb
Allione AMR/winger
Bittolo LB/WBL
Sanchez Mino LB/WB DM
Batshuyi CF
Mattia Perin GK
Gino Peruzzi rb/wbr
Abel Hernandez cf
Rafal Wolski cm
Selnaes cm
T Drage AM/WINGER/L/R/DLF
Michele Camporese cb
Joao Cancelo lb

Using the above combination of tactics (plus increasingly more rarely cookiemaker's counter tactics) Im bossing all comers in my second season with FIORENTINA (including Juve!) on all fronts (first by 1 point but 2 games in hand in the league, in the semis of the cup, in the qfs of the CL and of the INTERCONTINENTAL LEAGUE thingy Ive downlowded from this site (maxineise is the cool dude who's work it is) with the following squad:

GK: Matia Perin /Victor Valdes

WBL: De Bock/Sanchez Mino (also dm)/Capuano

WBR: Cuadrado (one of best wbs Ive used)/Vrsaljko (also wbl)/Tomovic/Zimmermann

CB: Campestrini/Capuano/Martins Indi/ E. Munoz/Bellusci/ Strandberg/G. Burdisso

DM: G. Pizarro/Salifu /Badu /Bertolacci (love him)/Ekdal /Manu Fernandes

OTHER MFS: Ljajic/Rafal Wolski (VERY RECOMMENDED YOUNGSTER) /Drage /Giovinco

CFs: Abel Hernandez /Destro/ Mario Gomes / G. Rossi/Chicharito/Jovetic/Batshuyi

There's some youngsters such as Ryder and Kelvin out on loan as well ...

Won La Liga by the skin of my teeth and 1 pt! I thought I'd bungled my chances when I lost to Real Mardrid, at home 0-1. Real only had two shots the entire game. It was very disappointing as the result put Real on top of the table. But I pulled it together, spanked Barcelona at home and won my remaining games up until the last match of the season. Real dropped points, putting me back on top of the table, with a 1 point lead. Falcao and Bernard were both rallying the troops. All we had to do was beat Real Sociedad away and the title would be ours. It was all in our hands.

Of course, things never go that easily. Bernard got sent off for diving too much around the 60 minute and the score was still 0-0. Real Sociedad managed to cling on, but thankfully Villarreal managed to score first against Real Madrid (who managed to equalize) but both of us drawing was good enough for the win. It wasn't the triumphant climax I was hoping for (that's what she said ... heh), but it was still an exciting nail biter.

Now going through June I got invited to do a tour of America (USA! USA!) because of Atletico Madrid's popularity there, but the board wasn't able to work out a commercial feeder club deal with FC Dallas like I suggested. Then Arsene Wenger retired and Arsenal have approached me to be their manager, who I have listed as my favorite club (as they are in real life). So of course I made an alternate save where I accept and one where I reject.

Not sure who to play with. I really like the squad I've built with Atletico and we're moving into a new stadium, which is always awesome for the coffers. We got taken over by a local businessman (no tycoon unfortunately), so we've got more debt to repay. Haven't gotten to season expectations yet, so I don't know what my transfer budget will be (as I've spent every penny of it in recent seasons).

On the other hand, I haven't been all that interested in playing an Arsenal save yet, but for some reason this one is attracting me. There's lots of players to clear out that I have no intention of playing. Andy Carroll? Really Wenger? ANDY CARROLL?? They also have Lewandowski who they picked up on a free a little while back (good business), Olivier Giroud and Mario Mandukuzic (whom they've been trying to get rid of for a while and I'll oblige as he's a bit surplus to requirements), same goes for Arda Turan (whom I sold to Arsenal for his release clause of €24M but the club has Jack Wilshere, Siem De Jong and Santi Cazorla so don't need Turan. What I do need is a DMC, LB and RB to replace aging Sagna and Balzaretti. I'm thinking about Michael Bradley for DMC because he's a great player and I've always wanted to see if he can succeed at a team like Arsenal. But Roma want his release clause of €31M which is quite a lot.