Some recent results:

São Paulo FC 1st season:

São Paulo FC 2nd season:

Barcelona 2025/26 season (tied my previous goals record from the 2022/23 season):

Marcelo 3-1-4-2 V2: https://www.mediafire.com/?o9sv8h3k4g17e2o

Marcelo 3-1-4-2 V2 AM: https://www.mediafire.com/?tne3bnkvzg127ez

Just a few changes, with some inspiration from Mr.L tactics, including his corner setup.

Results so far:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Best Tactic Ever!

Just wanted to share the amazing success I've had using a slightly modified version of this tactic.

The only big changes I've made were having crosses "drilled in" rather than default, making both strikers play as poachers and swap positions, the DMC doesn't make as many runs, stays back and gets nearly every rebound/clearance instead and sprays passes back to more attacking players to sustain pressure better. Wingers slightly more defensive (just a couple ticks), and two outside central defenders slightly more defensive (again, just a few ticks), to help prevent killer balls down the side, which is really this tactics only weakness in defense. Also a few set piece changes, but nothing out of the ordinary.

There are 3 versions of it. The other two are just slight variants, one with the wingers more forward (as AML's and AMR's), but with the team philosophy at standard. The other is the same as the first except with one of the strikers moved back to AMC (playing as inside forward), he no longer swaps positions with the striker (obviously maybe), and team philosophy at control rather than overload.

I do this so I can switch freely between strategies, for example sometimes in a close contest, late in the match I will continue to use the same tactic, only switch to "standard" strategy rather than "overload" so we don't concede as much late. Basically mix and matching certain parts of each strategy for the current situation. Though I generally just roll with the overload strategy that is most similar to the original marcelo because teams really struggle to stop us from scoring using that tactic.

The team I choose to do all of this with was Truro. You probably haven't heard of them. Starting in the Blue Square South, in administration (can't sign any players to start), club value of iirc $120k, $300k in debt, only 7 healthy players on the roster, weekly wage allowance of $2400, starting spending over $3500/weekly, 4 players with long term injuries to start. It seriously might be the club in the worst situation in the entire database.

View attachment 309259

First couple seasons were rough, but productive. Honestly this was the hardest part for me. The tactics were constantly getting changed at this point, trying to cater to the scrub 15 yr olds I was forced to sign because of all the front end issues the club had to start. Barely scrapped a playoff win in the first season, 2nd season was a disappointment, 3rd season and on it just got easier and easier.

Stormed right through league 1 all the way through the championship and solidified Truro as a solid Premier League side with relative ease. After 2 seasons of mid table medicrity, we finally had the players to make a nice run and then finished 3rd twice in a row. With more development and shrewd signing we finally punched through and became a serious contender, and not just for the league title. I have now led the team to 3 consecutive Premier League titles and Community Shields, 2 consecutive Champions League titles and Super Cup titles, Club World Championship defending champion, 1 Euro Cup title, 1 FA Cup title, 2 Capitol One Cup titles, and various other smaller league titles and cups along the way.

View attachment 309261

Currently on a 24 game winning streak and 43 game unbeaten streak in all competitions, the side simply looks unbeatable in nearly every game. Current season the side is 13-0-0, and looking very strong for a 3rd consecutive title defense, but just to give you a better look I will show the table from last season, where the side broke a long time standing record for points acquired, and are seriously threatening scoring records that were made in the 1930's when teams didn't bother with defense. Just to give you an idea of how dangerous the side is, we have 4 CM's that had 10+ goals last season.

View attachment 309260

Along the way made several board arrangements and have developed many young players now with our state of the art facilities. The biggest success, Acacio Jose was bought from Corinthians for a mere $2.4 million, now a perennial contender for world player of the year, has already won Premier League Players, player of the year, best player in Europe, and Champions League Golden Boot awards, just to name a few.

View attachment 309250View attachment 309249

I made sure to get a nice compliment for his partners, the other strikers are "explosive" with 19+ across the board on agility, acceleration, and pace so there pretty much isn't a defensive on the planet that can stop the two front men, and even if they get in their own way, the CM's and wingers are getting around 10+ goals a season as well, so we can win in so many different ways it is frightening.

Also, almost comical, we have revolutionized English soccer, with almost all of the big teams now preferring a 3-5-2, attempting to mimic our success! Some of the smaller league opponents and champions league opponents even open with a 5-4-1 because they know it will likely be a long, tough match!

sorry for the long read (and a few sloppy cut and paste jobs on my images), but describing how dominant this team and your tactic is, is difficult without using so many words and pictures. Truly smashing results!

Last edited:
Hey Shiggs, thank you for your post, I'm glad this tactic brought you success. Well done bringing such a small club to win the premiership. I myself have never tried doing that, it must be quite a challenge.

About the changes to the tactic, I only want to say that changing team mentality or player's roles may not have any effect because all of the team and player instructions are manually set, like in a classic tactic. So, in theory, changing from overload to standart or changing a complete forward to poacher won't have any effect, unless you tweak the individual instructions.

cheers

Hey galego25, thanks for your post. Yes, I am aware it may/may not have an effect unless I change the individual instructions. Maybe its just me, but their positioning and the amount of attacking runs they make seem to change a bit, at least something changes, because when I make a simple change like that the flow of the game changes. I don't change tactics all that often, as already said, usually only away against a big side in a close match.

Also side note, the team is still just winning everything. Up to 29 consecutive wins, 48 undefeated in all comps, 15-0-0 in the league, now 2 time defending Club World Championship champions, broke several records, scored 15 goals in the two games.

View attachment 309069

Its almost so dominant its getting boring. I might let my contract just run out and take on a national coaching role or move to some other smaller club. One thing keeping me intrigued though is my youth system... for the first time ever I have youth setup "1", and established youth recruitment. Hopefully I won't have to totally rely on hundreds of scouting reports and deal with foreign youth restrictions and such to grow young world talent anymore.

I got super lucky with that Acacio Jose guy btw, his birthday was in the winter transfer window, as most of you probably know, Brazilian's can't sign with foreign clubs until they are 18... he is a 21 yr old world class striker and home grown to my club :D

Edit:

So January 1st 2026 came around, just totally demolished Man City, 4-0 at their ground, they are the only threat to a title defense. Yearly awards have been announced and it was probably my single best year in FM13 ever (I usually only manage crappy teams).

View attachment 309043

Acacio Jose (CF) got 2nd place for world golden ball, 3rd place for world player of the year, and won european golden boy for the 2nd year in a row.
Lee Seung-In (CM) got Asian player of the year, and 3rd place for world golden ball
Unathi Nzimande (CM) won African player of the year for the 3rd time in a row
Jose, Seung-In, Godoy (RM), and Linord (LM) made world team of the year, 3 of them in the first 11.

That Nefzi guy was on my team at one point too, but he demanded a release clause of around $40mil, and eventually they came knocking and I couldn't stop it.

One more Edit:

Just FYI if any of you were interested, I finally lost and it was hideous. 3-0 home against Sunderland, then lost another game that was the 2nd leg of the capitol one cup semi final 5-2 away, luckily we won the first leg 6-0. Won a few games since then, but it finally ended at 56 games undefeated and 37 won in a row.

Last edited:
Hello,

Can this tactic work with underdogs? i saw a lot off ppl playing with lesser teams in the topic, im playing with arrigo sachi 442 but looking for a new tactic for now, thx

Let's make a tactic on FM15 also!

judging by the forum posts, fm 15 is ****. same old problems as fm 14, injuries, stupid results, stupid goal keepers, opposition worldlies, team unrest, get dismissed for the stupidest of reasons even if you win a treble.

Yeah, i understand. Do you he think the same way as yours?

Let's make a tactic on FM15 also!

I actually made a version of this tactic for FM15 with some promising results, but haven't had the time to properly test it. In fact, I have only played one season so far in FM15, and the rest of the time I'm just testing and tweaking tactics.

judging by the forum posts, fm 15 is ****. same old problems as fm 14, injuries, stupid results, stupid goal keepers, opposition worldlies, team unrest, get dismissed for the stupidest of reasons even if you win a treble.

FM15 is much better than FM14. For people (like me) who like their teams to score a lot of goals, I have seen people scoring over 220 goals in a season with Barcelona or Real after a few years, and over 180 in the first season. In FM14 that was impossible, players missed too many easy chances. But there still one patch to come, and if this patch can improve the ME than FM15 will be a great game. I just hope they don't try to tone down the scoring by making players miss easy chances like they did with FM14. FM14 was the worst version in years.

I actually made a version of this tactic for FM15 with some promising results, but haven't had the time to properly test it. In fact, I have only played one season so far in FM15, and the rest of the time I'm just testing and tweaking tactics.

FM15 is much better than FM14. For people (like me) who like their teams to score a lot of goals, I have seen people scoring over 220 goals in a season with Barcelona or Real after a few years, and over 180 in the first season. In FM14 that was impossible, players missed too many easy chances. But there still one patch to come, and if this patch can improve the ME than FM15 will be a great game. I just hope they don't try to tone down the scoring by making players miss easy chances like they did with FM14. FM14 was the worst version in years.

Thanks a lot for the endorsement galego...I briefly played FM14 but it was awful and from what I read in the "post your frustrations thread" FM15 definitely had a similar start - I mean a manager loses a job after winning all competitions because he's sold (or fought with i dont remember) 3 players. if they can patch those sort of things out then I am happy

Also good to see that you are porting your tactic for FM15 :)

How do u guys deal with side attacks? i saw ppl with only 11 goals taken, i did get 15 with arrigo sacchi, but i prefer this tactic shape, and im trying to make it work as good as arrigo did to me, or better

Plus im struggling a lot with 433 and 451, any hints? I have a world class team, when i mean struggle i mean i win, but only 0-2 away and didnt have too many shots and ccc's. example against man utd:

Marcelos tactic:
View attachment 308093

arrigo:

View attachment 308092

Both same team, away from home..

FM15 tactic

As requested, I'm posting here my attempt at recreating my FM13 tactic in FM15. I have to warn that this is only a beta, it's not really tested and at this stage it's propably only good with big teams, if at all. I don't know if I will continue to develop it, so feel free to test and tweak as you like.

Some information:

Important: MR takes left corner, ML takes right corner

I used no OIs, but in this year's version OIs seem make a difference. I saw some people having good results using close down always, mark tighter always, tackle harder and show onto weaker foot for all opposition players. So, try with and without OIs to find what works best.

Match preparation, as always, attacking movement at home and in away games you are expected to win. For the tougher games, defensive positioning.

The tactic:

tactic1.jpg

match_stats1.jpg

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?abtm4e6sxcue62l

Last edited:
Galego can u give me some tips for my problem? i posted above, having troubles against 433,451...is it just me?

Galego can u give me some tips for my problem? i posted above, having troubles against 433,451...is it just me?

Sorry, I really don't know, I haven't noticed problems against any particular formation...

Some things you could try:

- if you are using V1, perhaps try V2 from post #83;
- try using OIs;
- try making your wingers individually mark the opposition wingers

View attachment 305930View attachment 305929

Won Fa Cup, Champions League, Premier League first season.
Recommend Preason 50 procent team 50 procent team traning. Then 40 procent balancend and defend and attacking depending which team you play against. No OI whats best for me. Thanks for sharing tactic Galego. Should i also put it on pl3rious thread on fm 15?

Won Fa Cup, Champions League, Premier League first season.
Recommend Preason 50 procent team 50 procent team traning. Then 40 procent balancend and defend and attacking depending which team you play against. No OI whats best for me. Thanks for sharing tactic Galego. Should i also put it on pl3rious thread on fm 15?

Not for now, by your screenshots I see that the attack is fine (128 goals for), but the defence needs improving, 52 goals against is too much. I'm not working on this tactic right now, but if you want to tweak it to see if you can improve it, or share with other people, feel free.

But med last 7 games. I played without OI and change my matchtraning 40 procent. Defense position. You results, expect Sunderland and Westbrom i took attacking.