Martin O'Neill Resigns

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 204
  • Views Views 14K
in a way he has to say that as woy is already their manager. i think majority of people would have o'neill over woy but im not saying woy is a bad manager because he isen't before people find another way to start with me.
ROY all day long, and it's not just my view, it's most here's view;)

ROY all day long, and it's not just my view, it's most here's view;)
im not sure oneill is capable of playing anything other than counter attacking football, very rarely have i seen glimpses of fluid stuff

im not sure oneill is capable of playing anything other than counter attacking football, very rarely have i seen glimpses of fluid stuff
This is one of the main reasoning behind this, we're known for our 'pass and move' style football, O'Neil would surely change that. Plus he has spent a lot of money, and seems quite a *****

This is one of the main reasoning behind this, we're known for our 'pass and move' style football, O'Neil would surely change that. Plus he has spent a lot of money, and seems quite a *****
O Neill plays **** football, most of the time just hoofed it up to John Carew, managers shouldnt be judged on what football they play though.

O Neill plays **** football, most of the time just hoofed it up to John Carew, managers shouldnt be judged on what football they play though.
roy trumps also in experience, getting the best from his players as well, imo anyway

but does it matter how you play football, just aslong as you win? i admit woy is proberly the best choice for liverpool in this current state.

bob bradley as admitted he's like to coach in eurpoe, so the odds on him have just shortened

I think he's ****** that Randy Lerner has allowed Tottenham to enter into contract negotiations with Ashley Young behind his back. The Milner saga has been going on a while now so I doubt thats the real reason for his sudden resignation.

bob bradley as admitted he's like to coach in eurpoe, so the odds on him have just shortened
Hes a good manager, Hes got USA To 11 in the world which isn't bad at all. Gets the best out of his players, and like a lot of Americans, hes a good motivator

I was so shocked when I found out he had resigned because I am such a big fan, plus my friend supports Celtic and he had many good things to say about him. I suppose he thought he could not take them any further or perhaps he was not given guaranteed funds.

Pass and Move? Liverpool? Among top 6-8 teams Liverpool plays Hoof ball game than any.

I dont know why people hate O'Neil's tactics. He made his team click. Give him Xavi's Iniesta's he will play possession football.

In due fairness not all of O'Neills systems were played as such and even so John Carews aerial ability was very affective and towards the end of last season he really proved why he should've been in the team.

Am I the only person who thinks O'Neil is vastly over-rated? I saw something earlier on SSN which confirmed that in terms of net transfer spending over the last 4 years, Villa are 2nd highest alongside Spurs (with Man City miles ahead). Wee Martin notoriously relies on the same 15 or 16 players all season, and it's no coincidence that they always fall away at the end of the season. Celtic were the same, they won so much as a result of facing a poorer Rangers side at the time.

The other thing I dislike about O'Neil is the way he accrues debt wherever he goes by paying ridiculous wages on long-term deals. As I see it, Lerner has seen the opportunity to shift some overpaid players for a hefty price, and only offered Martin a percentage of the cash to reinvest in transfers. He's bottled it, basically, knowing that Villa will struggle to remain in the Europa League places this time round.

He's like a reasonably successful David O'Leary - good at the time, but with a harmful lasting legacy. Look at the Celtic side he left - Balde, Hartson, Sutton, Thompson et al were all on long-term deals for good money, and the club struggled to shift them. In the case of Balde, he just sat doing nothing for 2 years collecting one of the highest wages at Parkhead!

Pass and Move? Liverpool? Among top 6-8 teams Liverpool plays Hoof ball game than any.

I dont know why people hate O'Neil's tactics. He made his team click. Give him Xavi's Iniesta's he will play possession football.

I can't help think because of your support of Manchester United you have somewhat found a gap to criticize Liverpool, I do not remember them playing hoof ball that many times last season under Benitez, but now we have a new manager and he will play the way he wants to play.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

In the case of Balde, he just sat doing nothing for 2 years collecting one of the highest wages at Parkhead!

True but do you not think it's funny because his name is Balde and he's bald :D

I can't help think because of your support of Manchester United you have somewhat found a gap to criticize Liverpool, I do not remember them playing hoof ball that many times last season under Benitez, but now we have a new manager and he will play the way he wants to play.

You think everything Manc posts is to do with Liverpool hatred? Anyways you play sexy football, Be happy with it.

Stay on topic, no need for any Liverpool chat in this thread.

You think everything Manc posts is to do with Liverpool hatred? Anyways you play sexy football, Be happy with it.
But that post was to do with Liverpool hatred...This is about Villa and O'Neil, not Liverpool hatred, so please, take it elsewere.

Gareth Southgate? I thought that he was always a decent manager, one that knows Villa?

Back