Martin O'Neill Resigns

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 204
  • Views Views 14K
Well, on FM they aren't, and FM is my best debt source :P. Although apparently they have £49.5m debt which they own to Lerner, but that isn't to the bank. He just gave them money for a interest, which they needed. Click here if you want to know more.

i think he changed this loan into equity to comply with the new UEFA rules which excludes club in debt playing in european competion

I think it all hinges on two things: who we get as a replacement for MON, and how much of the money we get from Milner goes back into the kitty.

If we get someone like Bilic quickly, he'd need to make his mark on the team straight away considering the start of the season date. Hopefully, unlike MON, our new manager will A) Play more than 15 players a season and B) Buy players from outside Britain.

To finance this, of course, we need some cash from the Milner deal. We're blessed with two superb wingers in Downing and Young, with Albrighton looking a seriously good prospect, so it won't hurt us as much in that area, but we -need- a central midfielder.

Still, though, thanks for the memories, MON.

Thanks for the win against Man Utd at last.
Thanks for the top 6 finishes and the top 4 challenges.
Thanks for the cup runs last season and the days out at Wembley.
Thanks for the touchline war-dances during games.

Good luck Martin. I hope he looks back on his time at Villa Park fondly.

I think you need to keep Petrov, think he is a quality player for your lot.

Bilic would be a decent manager for you too, but lets hope its all sorted sooner rather than later because Villa have done well to maintain their top 7 finishes over the last few years. Would be a shame to see them slip down the table due to a managerial mishap or something.

Well, on FM they aren't, and FM is my best debt source :P. Although apparently they have £49.5m debt which they own to Lerner, but that isn't to the bank. He just gave them money for a interest, which they needed. Click here if you want to know more.

But they still have to pay it back, and pay intrest on it. So it is still debt.

Either way, with the sale of Milner for £20m + Ireland, and Young for £20m+, the new Manager should get atleast 20m to spend on new players, if Young does indeed go.

Sven has a good record but he also loves his money abit too much.

i disagree with that, he write off 2.5 mil from what notts county owe him? definetly loving his money there.

and as for martin, im shocked great manager, when a manager gets sacked few games in to prem, o niel should be first for job great manager

If rafa never got sacked you would of got Hodgson i think...

Never know though, Jose Morinho could leave real madrid for Villa!

- Dont keep your hopes up.

Best of luck to Martin though, Great manager.

If rafa never got sacked you would of got Hodgson i think...

Never know though, Jose Morinho could leave real madrid for Villa!

- Dont keep your hopes up.

Best of luck to Martin though, Great manager.

Yeah. Ronaldo Messi Villa will be the front three.

I just saw Villa forum where Villa fans are angry on O'neil than Owner. They feel he is too stubborn to rotate players and plays the same 15 players all season without even giving chance to the youth and other fringe players to prove themselves. So Beye, Young are back in contention now?

Villa's turnover to wages is 83% which is shockingly high so I'm not surprised he hasn't had much money to spend this summer. Villa spend 11k more on wages than Spurs and by not having a paying sponsor last season, they've missed out on a lot of revenue, what they did with Accorn was a nice gesture but it wasn't economically beneficial to them.

I think you need to keep Petrov, think he is a quality player for your lot.

Bilic would be a decent manager for you too, but lets hope its all sorted sooner rather than later because Villa have done well to maintain their top 7 finishes over the last few years. Would be a shame to see them slip down the table due to a managerial mishap or something.

**** right. Petrov is the axis through which the whole team turns, we need him. I'd love Bilic, admired him for a while now, and he might get us some Croatian talent.

Yeah. Ronaldo Messi Villa will be the front three.
No Gabby? :P

Now you mention it though I could've sworn Hiddink was free?

I just saw Villa forum where Villa fans are angry on O'neil than Owner. They feel he is too stubborn to rotate players and plays the same 15 players all season without even giving chance to the youth and other fringe players to prove themselves. So Beye, Young are back in contention now?
Mm, that was a fault of his. Never rotated, and let the youth rot. Hopefully now Albrighton, Delfouneso, Clark, Osbourne and the like will be given a chance. Young's one of the best English fullbacks there is, IMO, and he deserves a chance.

**** right. Petrov is the axis through which the whole team turns, we need him.

No Gabby? :P

Now you mention it though I could've sworn Hiddink was free?

Mm, that was a fault of his. Never rotated, and let the youth rot. Hopefully now Albrighton, Delfouneso, Clark, Osbourne and the like will be given a chance. Young's one of the best English fullbacks there is, IMO, and he deserves a chance.
for me this why right now you need a young astute agressive manager. and it can only be that man slaven bilic

for me this why right now you need a young astute agressive manager. and it can only be that man slaven bilic

True. We've got an exciting young team filled with potential, and we have the potential to play some breathtaking football if we wanted. Whenever I used to watch Villa, we'd be fairly boring until suddenly, we got the ball in a dangerous position and somewhere, a switch flicked and we did some incredible fluid counter-attacking stuff. If we played like that more often it'd be superb.

Problem was, under MON we played on the counter ALL THE TIME. At home, playing against teams who stayed deep and lofted balls up to a target man, it could quickly degenerate into utter boredom. We couldn't play through them, their target man couldn't deal with our centre backs + Petrov all at once.

Interesting to see Southgate linked with us. An O'Neill disciple, yes, but a bit inexperienced really.

I always thought this was Randy Lerner's own doing, but after listening to Andy Gray on SSN, I think he's totally right.

Got a soft spot for Villa as my Mum used to come from Birmingham. Been expecting it for a while tbh

where is she from now? :P

Shocker!!!! Celtic will be gutted they never waited and got O'Neil instead of Lennon.

Who does everyone think will be the next manager?

i think liverpool maybe as equally gutted this didnt happen 6 weeks ago

in fact, 6 weeks ago it could have been hodgson still in charge of fulham, MON at liverpool and Steve Mclaren at Villa! Its a funny old game but i have a sneaking suspicion that my money is going on Bob Bradley leaving team USA for the villa job.

Personally id like to see Bilic in the Prem :)

Last edited:
Not for me mate, I would rather have Hodgson than O'Neill.

thats fair enough, i'd have plumped for MON myself, primarily due to age and attraction in world football but thats just me.

cool site BTW :D

Seriously? :S

in a way he has to say that as woy is already their manager. i think majority of people would have o'neill over woy but im not saying woy is a bad manager because he isen't before people find another way to start with me.

Back