Max's Set of Defensive Tactics

I've went on a 14 game winning streak!
Wow, nice. Post up your results if you don't mind to show everyone :D

I'll update this more tomorrow lads, I'm going to try it with Wigan. Hopefully I can update this tomorrow with some progress.

Wow, nice. Post up your results if you don't mind to show everyone :D

I'll update this more tomorrow lads, I'm going to try it with Wigan. Hopefully I can update this tomorrow with some progress.

Something wrong with my computer, can't take screenies (i know how to do it).. Wont work, tried it for my story..

Would you like me too write them out??

Hey I got your message in my thread to try your tactics, giving them a go now and i'm pretty impressed, played 4 games so far so my team still getting used to the tactics but my results so far

Hull 1-0 Villa
Villa 3-0 Burnley
Arsenal 2-2 Villa
Villa 3-2 Liverpool

First game against Hull I lost but it was first game with tactics, 4 points from 2 games against Top 4 teams was really impressive.

Will keep going with it and give you more feedback

these are very good so far, my early results are as follows, im udinese by the way
Udinese 1-0 Livorno
Udinese 4-2 Sampdoria
Inter 4-3 Udinese
Cagliari 2-2 Udinese
Udinese 0-0 Parma
Siena 0-1 Udinese
A decent start we are 6th currently, we were so unlucky vs inter, we had a 3-3 draw on the way and diego milito scored in the last minute

anyway more feedback tomorrow mate

Excellent mate. Ideal for Newcastle in the Premier League.

Something wrong with my computer, can't take screenies (i know how to do it).. Wont work, tried it for my story..

Would you like me too write them out??
Yeah just write them out mate :)

Hey I got your message in my thread to try your tactics, giving them a go now and i'm pretty impressed, played 4 games so far so my team still getting used to the tactics but my results so far

Hull 1-0 Villa
Villa 3-0 Burnley
Arsenal 2-2 Villa
Villa 3-2 Liverpool

First game against Hull I lost but it was first game with tactics, 4 points from 2 games against Top 4 teams was really impressive.

Will keep going with it and give you more feedback
Cheers mate, doesn't look to bad for you there. Conceding a bit, but then you've only conceded against Arsenal and Liverpool which is expected and Villa don't have the best defence. Cheers for the feedback :)

these are very good so far, my early results are as follows, im udinese by the way
Udinese 1-0 Livorno
Udinese 4-2 Sampdoria
Inter 4-3 Udinese
Cagliari 2-2 Udinese
Udinese 0-0 Parma
Siena 0-1 Udinese
A decent start we are 6th currently, we were so unlucky vs inter, we had a 3-3 draw on the way and diego milito scored in the last minute

anyway more feedback tomorrow mate
Not bad, some good results there against Siena and Sampdoria and Parma, and like you said, unlucky vs Inter. Looks like I may need to do some work on the tactic as it's leaking a couple of goals

Excellent mate. Ideal for Newcastle in the Premier League.
Yeah, they'd work well with Newcastle. Remember to try and get the key stats for each position (H)

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Oh dear, my first three games with Wigan in the season using this tactic are going to be - Arsenal away, Man United home, and Chelsea away. WTF, seriously, that's gotta be one the hardest 3 games I've ever had to start with :'(

Lol, unlucky. I'll remember that.

Yeah, one counter attack. I accidentally used the away tactic lol.

Newcastle 4-1 Reserves 4-3-1-2 away
Chesterfield 0-2 Newcastle 4-3-1-2 away
Ajax 3-0 Newcastle 4-3-1-2 away
Litex 0-1 Newcastle 4-4-2 away
Newcastle 1-1 Olympique Marseille 4-1-3-2 home
Newcastle 2-0 RC Strasbourg 4-1-3-2 home
Milwall 1-1 Newcastle 4-3-1-2 away
Newcastle 1-0 Arsenal 4-3-1-2 home

Newcastle 4-1 Reserves 4-3-1-2 away
Chesterfield 0-2 Newcastle 4-3-1-2 away
Ajax 3-0 Newcastle 4-3-1-2 away
Litex 0-1 Newcastle 4-4-2 away
Newcastle 1-1 Olympique Marseille 4-1-3-2 home
Newcastle 2-0 RC Strasbourg 4-1-3-2 home
Milwall 1-1 Newcastle 4-3-1-2 away
Newcastle 1-0 Arsenal 4-3-1-2 home
Hmm, mixed bad I suppose. Your result vs Ajax is probably down to you using the 4-3-1-2 away, which doesn't really work. Better off using the 4-1-3-2 away and the 4-3-1-2 at home, but 4-4-2 whenever you can. Great result vs Arsenal, Marseille and Strasbourg not bad either :)

I was quite pleased with some results especially the Arsenal game (Ranger 86th minute :p) but I didn't expect to win against Ajax but I was still disappointed because we didn't turn up. Thanks for the advice mate.

My Wigan save went corrupt so I'll have to try it with someone else :'( Think I'll try it with either Middlesbrough or WBA, or maybe Cardiff.

Could you try with Boro or Brom because it'll be interesting to see how you get on with a top Championship side.
Max I am playing West Brom away, any thoughts on which tactic I should use?

Last edited:
Could you try with Boro or Brom because it'll be interesting to see how you get on with a top Championship side.
Max I am playing West Brom away, any thoughts on which tactic I should use?
Yeah I'll try it with Brom. Erm, West Brom have good attacking players so use the 4-1-3-2 away :)

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

West Brom get £2.2m to spend. Not bad, good squad aswell but suprisingly have poor passers. Might try for Gosling on loan and get a new left back. I'll show some progress later of how the tactic is working with higher teams as I've only tried with Brighton but it worked fantastic there.

I have Gosling he is good. Just drawn 0-0 with West Brom and won 1-0 against Reading. I dominated the West Brom game and should have won. It is working brilliantly. Cheers. (H) Just beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-0. :p

Last edited:
With Sunderland (4-4-2)

vs. Birmingham (home) 3-2 (was 3-0 up)
vs. Bolton (away) 1-1
vs. Chelsea (home) 0-3
vs. Swindon (home) 3-0
vs. Stoke (away) 0-0

vs. Burnley (away) 4-1
vs. Portsmouth (home) 1-1
vs. Liverpool (home) 3-1
vs. Stoke (home) 1-2 (freak result, I have all the chances, they score 2/3 of their chances) =_=
vs. Man City (away) 6-2 (man city just scored from anywhere)

Form W/D/L = 3/3/2 for premiership. Currently sitting 7th after 8 games. I'm going to try using the Home 4-4-2 for away as well.