Max's Set of Defensive Tactics

Just played a season with QPR with the 4-4-2 home, finished 4th. This was in the first season with no signings.

WTF?? Sheffield utd got relegated?? They coming 1st in my game.. Im second =]=](H)

WTF?? Sheffield utd got relegated?? They coming 1st in my game.. Im second =]=](H)
Yeah it was really weird :S Preston came bottom aswell, but it was good because I've raided both of them for players (H) Ched Evans for £2.7m, Neil Mellor for £120k, Ross Wallace for £2.1m, Andrew Longergan for £1.7m, Callum Davidson for £600k and also got Shelvey from Charlton for £2m (H) Some great bargains. Also signed Kanu, Saha and OBERTAN from Man United!? He didn't get played all first season and was released. Fergie's gone mad.

sheff utd got relegated cos i wasnt managing them lol, also max get kilgallon hes class

Yeah it was really weird :S Preston came bottom aswell, but it was good because I've raided both of them for players (H) Ched Evans for £2.7m, Neil Mellor for £120k, Ross Wallace for £2.1m, Andrew Longergan for £1.7m, Callum Davidson for £600k and also got Shelvey from Charlton for £2m (H) Some great bargains. Also signed Kanu, Saha and OBERTAN from Man United!? He didn't get played all first season and was released. Fergie's gone mad.

Obertan? Wow. You prob will win the league this year then =] How much money did you get?

Obertan? Wow. You prob will win the league this year then =] How much money did you get?
£6m but sold some players and got £1.4m for Helguson ^^)

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

sheff utd got relegated cos i wasnt managing them lol, also max get kilgallon hes class
Lol, yeah I looked at him, but they wanted about £4m. That was in June though so I'll look again now.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Woah, just looked at Sheff Utd's transfer history and they bought James Harper for £1!?

yeah thats an in game glitch, someone made a thread about it, hes a good player reading are mad

£6m but sold some players and got £1.4m for Helguson ^^)

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Lol, yeah I looked at him, but they wanted about £4m. That was in June though so I'll look again now.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Woah, just looked at Sheff Utd's transfer history and they bought James Harper for £1!?

I cant sell helgusen!! Noone wants him!

Lol unlucky Quirke, and yeah Joe, it's weird. Made an enquiry about Kilgallon. Will update some time later to show the progress of the tactic

yeah ill update soon about to play bologna ac milan genoa and napoli, im pretty scared

Everytime my team takes the lead I switch it to contain, but then my team concede.

Also most of my results strangely enough come against the top 4 but then I get thrashed by the likes of Hull Stoke and Burnley on a regular basis

Can you please please please pleaseeeee make a downloadable tactic for each one?
I need to know team mentality and other stuff. Can you just upload them? It would be so much better.
Pleaseee. Thanks Max :)

Everytime my team takes the lead I switch it to contain, but then my team concede.

Also most of my results strangely enough come against the top 4 but then I get thrashed by the likes of Hull Stoke and Burnley on a regular basis
Are you even using players with the key stats? How many games have you actually played with it? Don't start moaning about it mate, I took my time to make it, so don't complain.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Can you please please please pleaseeeee make a downloadable tactic for each one?
I need to know team mentality and other stuff. Can you just upload them? It would be so much better.
Pleaseee. Thanks Max :)
That means I have to do 6 individual uploads which will take to long. Sorry.

im doing good atm mate, im 4th place after 11 games and i beat ac milan 4-3. but i lost to genoa 4-2 and i drew with lazio 4-4!! alexis sanchez and antonio di natale are doing great they have 24 goals between them, thanks for these mate

Max when you say you used the 4-4-2 home tactics did you use the same tactics for home and away?

Max when you say you used the 4-4-2 home tactics did you use the same tactics for home and away?
Yes, but I changed the mentality when winning or losing, or if I'm drawing at a certain time in the game. It was basically down to decision making in games really, just the right timing

Ah okay, will try that. 4th is a brilliant result considering the media predicts QPR coming 10th :D

New tactic to be released by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Wooo.. Seems like your tactic is working for most of them. Haha too bad i wont be trying it =x Prefer own tactics heee. But hey, your tactics looks really great =) my Diamond formation so hard to get the correct formation lol..

these lookvery good mate

I played a smilar style on my bolton save very defensive, deesigned to neutralize and negate all the opponents play before nicking a goal or two.

very worthwile for these type of teams.