Media want Rooney 'electrocuted'

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not a thug. One incident doesn't make you a thug. Is Zidane a thug?

Jesus Christ, one incident does make you a thug! He physially attacked someone completely unprovoked. Therefore, Rooney = Thug.

It's on the backpage of every tabloid newspaper. It's been the main talking point on sky sports news, goals on sunday and MOTD. The media already have done ****.

It should have been a red card but the ref clearly saw it so it would be even more of a farce if they gave him a ban now. Their stance has always been if the referee saw it they can't change the punishment so why should it be any different for Rooney.

The media have jumped on a player for going out of his way to elbow someone and getting away with it!? How very dare they, he plays for Man United!

On the referee note, if the ref puts it in writing that he has made a mistake they can still ban him, or he can just lie as the ref did to get Williamson banned for running into someone. His eyes seemed to be on the ball and the reaction of the player seemingly made his mind for him (or an assistant).

If this had been a player from a non-top 4 club the FA would have already overturned this and probably given an extended any ban.

I did it as red cards result in bans. I thought everyone would make the correlation, but obviously not lol..

But yeah as you said, everyone just needs to get over it. It happened and he wasn't punished when he should have been.

End of.

However when I imagine after the Gerrard/Brown incident, you were shouting for Gerrard to get banned?

Jesus Christ, one incident does make you a thug! He physially attacked someone completely unprovoked. Therefore, Rooney = Thug.

Physically attacked? Jeez. Why dont you say he punched and half murdered him.

Blowing it out of proportion so much. He didn't attack him. He elbowed him, and even then barely connected. McCarthy didn't react, didn't fall over and didn't even complain.

If Rooney is a thug, then so is Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Arteta heck even Jack Wilshere!

Zidane's moment was hot-headedness, he was provoked by Materazzi's verbal abuse. Rooney elbowed a man unprovoked. Therefore, he is a thug. Hot-headedness is a lame excuse. He, wait for the crucial word, attacked him UNPROVOKED, Zidane was provoked.

Zidane = temper problems
Rooney = thug

Zidane is a thug? :O

then in your book all the premier league players are thugs.. No doubtin that.

So anyone who's done anything violent in their life is a thug?
Strange definition of thug you've got there.

Zidane did alot of nasty things in his career as well as a lot of World class things as did alot of world class players such as Shearer and Cantona for example. There seems to be a link between World class players and the unability to control themselves.

However when I imagine after the Gerrard/Brown incident, you were shouting for Gerrard to get banned?

I don't actually remember the Gerrard incident, but I probably did say that. Look and find it if you want, but I don't remember the incident.

Again, I've already said he should have been sent off and banned - but the referee took action already. So surely the FA can't ban him as they'd be breaking their own rules. Clattenburg obviously saw it, as he gave a free kick and had a word with Rooney.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Zidane's moment was hot-headedness, he was provoked by Materazzi's verbal abuse. Rooney elbowed a man unprovoked. Therefore, he is a thug. Hot-headedness is a lame excuse. He, wait for the crucial word, attacked him UNPROVOKED, Zidane was provoked.

Zidane = temper problems
Rooney = thug

How do you know it was unprovoked? Do you have a secret microphone attached to both players during the game. You don't know what was said, there could have very well been a reason for it.

As far as we know there wasn't, but we don't know that for sure.

Rooney should have been sent off, but everyone jumps on him saying it wasnt provoked.

Watch McArthurs run and eyeline, he was purposely moving in a direction to knock him off his feet and stop him getting to the ball.

I'm not trying to defend Rooney's actions, he shouldn't have done it, run into McArthur and got a free-kick, but we all know he can be a hot-head, he is not a thug.

Zidane did alot of nasty things in his career as well as a lot of World class things as did alot of world class players such as Shearer and Cantona for example. There seems to be a link between World class players and the unability to control themselves.

That's a terrible hypothesis. Look at David Beckham and/or Ryan Giggs.

Zidane = temper problems
Rooney = thug

Zidane head butted him, that means physically attacked him. where as Rooney's was nothing incident. Even McCarthy was not arsed to appeal.

Blowing it out of proportion so much. He didn't attack him. He elbowed him, and even then barely connected. McCarthy didn't react, didn't fall over and didn't even complain.

If Rooney is a thug, then so is Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Arteta heck even Jack Wilshere!

XD Your argument is pathetic.

He elbowed him and attacked him, full stop. The severity doesn't matter, he attacked him and should be banned for 3-games minimum.

How is Messi a thug? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Zidane? Learn to read other people's posts properly. Arteta? Don't know what he did. Wilshere? Don't know what he did. Ronaldo is a scumbag, I've not seen him do anything thug-like myself.

Zidane = temper problems
Rooney = thug

this is a thug

How do you know it was unprovoked? Do you have a secret microphone attached to both players during the game. You don't know what was said, there could have very well been a reason for it.

As far as we know there wasn't, but we don't know that for sure.

There is no excuse for elbowing someone in the head. It's a very dangerous, stupid thing to do. It's thuggish behaviour.

The media have jumped on a player for going out of his way to elbow someone and getting away with it!? How very dare they, he plays for Man United!

On the referee note, if the ref puts it in writing that he has made a mistake they can still ban him, or he can just lie as the ref did to get Williamson banned for running into someone. His eyes seemed to be on the ball and the reaction of the player seemingly made his mind for him (or an assistant).

If this had been a player from a non-top 4 club the FA would have already overturned this and probably given an extended any ban.
I was simply stating that the media have jumped on it when he was saying they wouldn't.

I'm fairly sure you're wrong there as there have been lots of cases where it's been blatantly clear when you watch it back that they were wrong but as they saw it and included it in the match report nothing can be done.

Thats bullshit to be fair. If you can find one example of that happening i'll be amazed.

XD Your argument is pathetic.

He elbowed him and attacked him, full stop. The severity doesn't matter, he attacked him and should be banned for 3-games minimum.

How is Messi a thug? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Zidane? Learn to read other people's posts properly. Arteta? Don't know what he did. Wilshere? Don't know what he did. Ronaldo is a scumbag, I've not seen him do anything thug-like myself.

Before asking someone to read your posts, you should be knowing what someone is telling.

Zidane had a lot of temper problems, Even in Seria A he was sent off few times.
Arteta stamped on WBA player i think and was sent off.
Wilshere was sent off for the tackle. Going by your rule, all these players are thugs

And FFS it is not called attacking, Jeez. You make it sound as if Rooney dd a Barton there.

That's a terrible hypothesis. Look at David Beckham and/or Ryan Giggs.

I agree Giggs is a model professional one of the few who is a superb role model for kids,
as for Beckham he inability to control his temper cost us the world cup IMO.

My point is kids will see Rooney getting away with elbowing people in the face and think it is ok for them to do it.

There is no excuse for elbowing someone in the head. It's a very dangerous, stupid thing to do. It's thuggish behaviour.

And there is excuse for head butting in the chest. And it is not dangerous and it is a Godly act.

Pathetic..

Status
Not open for further replies.