• Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 14K

Do you think Andy Gray is right?

• Yes, I agree with him

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No, what the f**k is he saying?

Votes: 34 68.0%

• Total voters
it is to easy for players like messi and ronaldo in spain i agree with andy gray i dont think messi could cope in the preier league look at robinho he couldent cope. only way messi could cope is if he was at united or chelsea

Messi>Robinho

He's quicker, stronger, more agile, a better passer, a better decision maker. He would rip the Premier League apart. You really think people like Faye and Shawcross would get close to Messi?

haha he will proub come out now and say that barcelona should really try and get robbie savage back into football they could use him lol

Yeah cause that website aren't twisting his words Andy Gray never said Messi isnt could enough at all. and he never actually said he would struggle just that he would find it a bit tougher because there are no teams in Spain that are like Stoke, Blackburn etc.. as La Liga is more open.

This is rubbish i was watching monday night football when he was talking about it!

he said that the spanish league is no way near as physical as the permier league so as messi is a small player and not known for strength how would he cope at a club like stoke or blackburn which are long ball physical teams.. he said messi when he played against chelsea 4 team in the last couple of years has done nothing.. now imagine against a more physical side which will basically foul him out the game

he never said he aint good enough for stoke city he said it would just be a completely different type of football for him as spanish football is easy as you have loads of time on the ball

he said that the spanish league is no way near as physical as the permier league so as messi is a small player and not known for strength how would he cope at a club like stoke or blackburn which are long ball physical teams.. he said messi when he played against chelsea 4 team in the last couple of years has done nothing.. now imagine against a more physical side which will basically foul him out the game

To be fair, sides in Spain constantly try to foul him. They fail.

This is rubbish i was watching monday night football when he was talking about it!

he never said he aint good enough for stoke city he said it would just be a completely different type of football for him as spanish football is easy as you have loads of time on the ball
again the points still stands. Messi spent his formative years getting kicked to bits in la liga, he can certainly cope with the physicality. just because he is small doesn't mean he is weak, now when you couple his decent strength with supreme speed, agility, balance and technical skills, players have trouble getting near him, let along foul him, as Jake said, thats why they stand off him in La liga

if they could actually get near him, they're much more likely to get themselves sent off, if anything

Kenwyne Jones could, and Fuller would just smack him.

Messi would own Prem (H)

Without Iniesta And Xavi I don't think it would be the same Messi!

again the points still stands. Messi spent his formative years getting kicked to bits in la liga, he can certainly cope with the physicality. just because he is small doesn't mean he is weak, now when you couple his decent strength with supreme speed, agility, balance and technical skills, players have trouble getting near him, let along foul him, as Jake said, thats why they stand off him in La liga

la liga stand off everbody not just cus its messi... players have so much time its untrue.. i watch la liga every week and yes there are amazingly skillfull players but they have so much time to find that pass and show abit of quality. Messi is the worlds best no doubt... but i feel it would take him a long time to get used to premier league at its high tempo and physicalness although he has got the agility and speed ETC if you get someone like andy wilkinson form stoke who is so dirty its unture or cattermole man mark him they'll just stay near him whole time and foul him constantly then id doubt if he could do what he does now week in week out

i am 22 and i have watched playersd like zidane and stuff like that too young to hav watched players like maradona and stuff like that (obviously) but i say messi is probably the best player i have ever watched...pure class

la liga stand off everbody not just cus its messi... players have so much time its untrue.. i watch la liga every week and yes there are amazingly skillfull players but they have so much time to find that pass and show abit of quality. Messi is the worlds best no doubt... but i feel it would take him a long time to get used to premier league at its high tempo and physicalness although he has got the agility and speed ETC if you get someone like andy wilkinson form stoke who is so dirty its unture or cattermole man mark him they'll just stay near him whole time and foul him constantly then id doubt if he could do what he does now week in week out
not true, at all if you did watch la liga as much as you say then you would know how much he used to be fouled before he built a reputation, he would settle as quickly as silva has, another player who got kicked to bits before gaining a rep

First question is Andy Gray, how would a team like Stoke or Blackburn afford him? And why would he leave the best team in the world for them?

Andy Gray needs to stop talking out his ****.

First question is Andy Gray, how would a team like Stoke or Blackburn afford him? And why would he leave the best team in the world for them?

he's talking about playing against sides like that.

Andy Gray needs to stop speaking. End of.

Messi is certainly no Connor Wickham but I'm sure he could take 90 minutes against Stoke. Although in fairness it depends who he was playing for, if it was Barcelona he would completely destroy them but if he was playing for a Premier League team it could be a different story.. I think that's what Andy Gray is trying to get across - nonetheless a stupidly hypothetical scenario.

not true, at all if you did watch la liga as much as you say then you would know how much he used to be fouled before he built a reputation, he would settle as quickly as silva has, another player who got kicked to bits before gaining a rep

i have started watching it this season as i only have just got sky but la liga is a peice of **** to play football and look good in compared to the premiership

i have started watching it this season as i only have just got sky but la liga is a peice of **** to play football and look good in compared to the premiership

This. This is utter bollocks.
La Liga is so much better than the Prem it's unreal.
There's a reason why some of the best footballers (technical ability wise) play in La Liga, because they actually play football in Spain. Even the 'anchor man' plays decent football and isn't just a destroyer, thats why Mascherano can't get in the Barcelona team.

totally agree, la liga players are softies compared to the rugby players of the premier league

Back