• Views Views 14K

Do you think Andy Gray is right?

• Yes, I agree with him

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No, what the f**k is he saying?

Votes: 34 68.0%

• Total voters
This. This is utter bollocks.
La Liga is so much better than the Prem it's unreal.
There's a reason why some of the best footballers (technical ability wise) play in La Liga, because they actually play football in Spain. Even the 'anchor man' plays decent football and isn't just a destroyer, thats why Mascherano can't get in the Barcelona team.

i never said prem was better i said its easier to play football becuase they dont get pressurised as much and there no as much fouling / going in hard on players.... < every single pundit says exactly the same so you cant argue that

the top two teams in spain i like watching rather than anything in the premier league but after that the premier league has better quality

2 amazing teams dont make the whole league better than the prem

i have started watching it this season as i only have just got sky but la liga is a peice of **** to play football and look good in compared to the premiership

Technically La Liga is miles ahead of the Prem. Again if you watch it as much as you do you'd know this, and if you had a clue about football, you'd know that if you commit yourself to tackling an extremely technical and quick player like Messi, you're just gonna get ripped, time and time again.

Don't forget, this is the big Scottish quote machine that once said: "Samuel Eto'o would've been offside if Joe Cole hadn't played him onside there."

:S

Technically La Liga is miles ahead of the Prem. Again if you watch it as much as you do you'd know this, and if you had a clue about football, you'd know that if you commit yourself to tackling an extremely technical and quick player like Messi, you're just gonna get ripped, time and time again.

yes it is miles better technically but is this because of the way la liga is played with less pressure ETC.. because they havent got miles and miles better players than the prem?

but i also disagree with the point about if you technically good your gunna rip people apart... cattermole breaking his leg cus he a dirty cheating *** would soon change that LOL

yes it is miles better technically but is this because of the way la liga is played with less pressure ETC.. because they havent got miles and miles better players than the prem?

but i also disagree with the point about if you technically good your gunna rip people apart... cattermole breaking his leg cus he a dirty cheating *** would soon change that LOL

Bollocks. Any top four Spanish team could beat a top-four English team. Barca > Chelsea, Real > Man Utd, Valencia > Spurs, and Atletico or Villareal could give any top-four side a go. Athletic Bilbao held Barca to a goalless draw yesterday, which Arsenal failed to do last year, Sevilla could do the same.

No, there is less pressure because if you pressurise a technically gifted player, you're gonna get ripped apart, which is my point.

Ronaldo scored how many goals in the prem?

And Messi is a LOT better than Ronaldo.

Problem solved.

Bollocks. Any top four Spanish team could beat a top-four English team. Barca > Chelsea, Real > Man Utd, Valencia > Spurs, and Atletico or Villareal could give any top-four side a go. Athletic Bilbao held Barca to a goalless draw yesterday, which Arsenal failed to do last year, Sevilla could do the same.

Bollocks! The top two in spain v england would be close but if you played every other game 3rd v 3rd ETC the eng prem would wipe the floor... spurs would have too much for valencia attacking wise and atletico v arsenal .. arsneal would kill them... and OOOO one game atletic held barca they cruise most games this year

No, there is less pressure because if you pressurise a technically gifted player, you're gonna get ripped apart, which is my point.

i do agree to a certain point but i belive its easier in la liga to show off more

i do agree to a certain point but i belive its easier in la liga to show off more

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Messi doesn't show off at all tbf, Ronaldo does, but he did just as much in the Prem.

selectively picked your choices there. the results between barca chelsea united and real are quite balanced, and united recently beat valencia, at the mestalla. there isnt a massive difference between the two, its a case of who turns up on the day

There's a reason why some of the best footballers (technical ability wise) play in La Liga

That reason being the tax rate for high earners in Spain is way more favourable than it is in the UK.

Bollocks! The top two in spain v england would be close but if you played every other game 3rd v 3rd ETC the eng prem would wipe the floor... spurs would have too much for valencia attacking wise and atletico v arsenal .. arsneal would kill them... and OOOO one game atletic held barca they cruise most games this year

Valencia are an incredibly under-rated team, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they beat Spurs. The have one of the best strike partnerships in La Liga at the moment (Soldado and Aduriz), two fantastic wingers (Pablo Hernandez and Joaquin), a strong central midfield partnership in Tino Costa and Ever Banega, a solid defence and a very good, consistent keeper in Cesar Sanchez.

Arsenal wouldn't 'kill' Atletico, they may win, sure, but Atletico are Europa League champions, they have two of the best attackers in the world in Forlan and Aguero, who would turn Koscielny inside out, but they're defence is a bit iffy at times. No worse than Arsenal, IMHO.

So to say they would 'wipe the floor with them' is absolute nonsense. And Athletic Bilbao have one of the hottest properties in football right now in prolific goalscorer Fernando Llorente, and even if it was only one game, that's more than most Prem sides have managed against them in recent years.

either way, messi would do well in the prem if supported well.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

That reason being the tax rate for high earners in Spain is way more favourable than it is in the UK.
25 percent as opposed to 50 isnt it?

:'(
Not sure what that has to do with anything. Messi doesn't show off at all tbf, Ronaldo does, but he did just as much in the Prem.

last comment... i put that wrong i meant its easier to play which i have said all along they have more time and less pressure put on them... there isno agressive streak in the spanish game like there is in england and therefore its easier to play in

Champions league has shown everything

for the past probably 5 years english clubs have dominated it with the most clubs in semi's 1/4 ETC... IMO its a better all round league..

but barca and messi and the best team/ players in the world

i would even go as far as saying there the best team/ player that there has ever been and i mean that

selectively picked your choices there. the results between barca chelsea united and real are quite balanced, and united recently beat valencia, at the mestalla. there isnt a massive difference between the two, its a case of who turns up on the day

I agree with the end part, but nine times out of ten, I would pick a Spanish sie over an English one. Valencia got a result at Old Trafford at Old Trafford as well, and were holding United off for the most part of the game, as well as having a massive chance to go ahead, but squandered it.

Valencia are an incredibly under-rated team, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they beat Spurs. The have one of the best strike partnerships in La Liga at the moment (Soldado and Aduriz), two fantastic wingers (Pablo Hernandez and Joaquin), a strong central midfield partnership in Tino Costa and Ever Banega, a solid defence and a very good, consistent keeper in Cesar Sanchez.

Unless they play 3 at the back then you are missing a certain Juan Mata....

last comment... i put that wrong i meant its easier to play which i have said all along they have more time and less pressure put on them... there isno agressive streak in the spanish game like there is in england and therefore its easier to play in

It'd be stupid to put pressure on them though, as I have said, you're just gonna get ripped apart.

Back